Saturday Roster Move

jetsrule128

Just now, AFJF said:

Only interesting thing about this move is that some projected Williams as a guard in the NFL.  They need to do something to push or plan to replace Van Roten because he has been terrible early on.

VROT will likely start the rest of this season barring injury. Hopefully and probably JD is going to need to use 1 of our 1st rounders on a G to replace VROT since we now have enough WRs to groom and the rest of the OLine is what we plan it to be going forward. The the other 1st and maybe one of the 2nd rounders can be Edge and TE. These from what I see are the 3 biggest weaknesses that show out each week since our TEs struggle, VROT struggles, and our pass rush needs more consistency.

2 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

VROT will likely start the rest of this season barring injury. Hopefully and probably JD is going to need to use 1 of our 1st rounders on a G to replace VROT since we now have enough WRs to groom and the rest of the OLine is what we plan it to be going forward. The the other 1st and maybe one of the 2nd rounders can be Edge and TE. These from what I see are the 3 biggest weaknesses that show out each week since our TEs struggle, VROT struggles, and our pass rush needs more consistency.

If they use one of their firsts on the OL I would imagine it's Linderbaum to play center and go guard a bit later.  Also have no idea of we'll see Cam Clark this season (or ever) after his injury this season.

But if GVR keeps playing like trash, no reason not to take a look at one of the other guys on the roster.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Speaking of guards and others…

Dakota Dozier and Parry Nickerson.  Talk about a trip down memory lane of GM's past.  

Dozier's actually had a pretty nice career.  Nickerson, not so much.  Minnesota is Nickerson's 5th team in 4 seasons.  

Nickerson has as many NFL INT's in his career as you or I have.  But that's still just 2 fewer than Jamal Adams.  @T0mShane

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1