Yet another review on why LaFleur sucks

They added Matt Cavanaugh fo the staff to fill the void left by Greg Knapp’s tragedy. If LaFleur starts losing the script and Cavanaugh asserts more control, the Jets offense will end up looking like the Dilfer Ravens squads, where it was 60/40 run to pass. Which might not be a bad thing, considering the personnel

• Upvote 2

It's far too early to tell whose fault this is.  

But, it can NOT be argued that this offense is an absolute mess.  Across the board.  

There was never a Gase offense that looked this completely lost.  

It's early but it's also really ugly.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
46 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

This video tells me a few things:

GVR is hot trash and causes multiple plays to fail. 

Lefluer is a moron for using Kroft as a speed option to clear out defenders. (I know of one WR that could fill that spot pretty good, but for some reason he has to know how to play 11 positions first). 

Crowder and Mims would perfect personnel for these but idk, let’s use Kroft, Jeff Smith and Berrios all day instead. 

Where the f is Keelan Cole??

This, to me, is JD's most unforgivable mistake in his time here.  GVR is awful.  Was awful last year and has mostly been awful his entire career.  Jeez the guy was in the CFL just a few years ago.  

Coming into this season, under the current circumstances, with him penciled in as a starting guard is about as bad a decision as a GM can make.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
19 minutes ago, varjet said:

This was a bigger mistake by JD-he signed Alex Lewis in 2019 and then drafted Cameron Clark in 2020.  Those were Plan A1 and A2 for RG, and because of that he let Pat Elflein walk to the 3-0 Panthers and did not draft a Trey Smith, etc.  Moronic.  

All correct, but the bottom line.  You could NOT going into this season, with your new #2 overall rookie QB, with GVR as your starting RG.  

Just should have been a non-starter.  Do whatever you have to - make a trade whatever it takes but that position needed to be upgraded.

• Upvote 3

I knew the O line was bad but after watching this video they're worse than I thought. The problem with this style of offense is that it needs a good O line to work. I don't blame Lafleur I blame Douglas cheap ass for trying to get bargains on broke dick O linemen when he had the cap space last off season to get the best linemen in free agency.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, STLuLu said:

I knew the O line was bad but after watching this video they're worse than I thought. The problem with this style of offense is that it needs a good O line to work. I don't blame Lafleur I blame Douglas cheap ass for trying to get bargains on broke dick O linemen when he had the cap space last off season to get the best linemen in free agency.

and the best lineman were going to come to a 2-14 team? be real. 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, STLuLu said:

Well that's not true one went to KC and the other was way overpaid. He did right move not picking them up. They will be fine . Even with becton hurt

5 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Really? We must have been watching 2 different teams then. The Gase offense that I watched scored 10 points or less in 7 of the 16 games and was the worst ranked offense in the entire league. They looked lost on a regular basis. 

They were just as bad, not saying they weren't.  They weren't as lost as this team.

Last years team played without passion, lacked talent at every position, were poorly coached and just plain old bad.

This team is just confused and lost.  They kinda resemble the keystone cops.  Running the wrong routes, letting free rushers go unblocked, throwing the ball to the wrong spots, dropping passes on a consistent basis.  It's just that they don't know what they're doing in this offense yet.  It's far sloppier football.

Now, they have more talent and younger  and can absolutely turn this around as they figure out what they're doing...

I'm sorry but this offense looks as lost as any I've ever seen.

• Confused 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, whodeawhodat said:

I stopped watching at 2 TE sets.  We dont have 1 dynamic TE

They were in to block.  They had 8 men blocking on many plays.

This idea that somehow the OL was better last week is wrong.  The OC had to play two TE's sets to keep Zach from getting killed.  So, the OL seemed to have looked better but they surely didn't play better.

Under the circumstances, the fact that any pressure was coming at Zach is quite sad

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, freestater said:

Schoddy part deux.

Nah. Schotty had an offensive line that could block to facilitate a deep passing game, but then designed everything to only gain 2 yards.

Here, we have the Shanny offense, but without play action, bootlegs, run blocking, pass protection and play design that makes any sense.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Nah. Schotty had an offensive line that could block to facilitate a deep passing game, but then designed everything to only gain 2 yards.

Here, we have the Shanny offense, but without play action, bootlegs, run blocking, pass protection and play design that makes any sense.

All the challenges of a complicated scheme, without any of the benefits.

6 hours ago, doitny said:

and the best lineman were going to come to a 2-14 team? be real. 

Quit thinking like a loser. Did the Jets have a winning team when Mangini and Tannenbaum put together that stellar OL in 2008 which Rex reaped the harvest in 2009-2010? The Colts also had a 2-14 record a few years ago but because they have a competent GM they turned it around and now they're in the playoffs every year. Give me one reason why Douglas couldn't have done the same?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Well that's not true one went to KC and the other was way overpaid. He did right move not picking them up. They will be fine . Even with becton hurt

Ok. Well when KC goes to the Super Bowl and Zack Wilson gets shell shocked from being the most sack QB in the league,  you can tell me how not true this is. Besides, that's just one lineman that you claimed that was overpaid. What the hell does that has to do with all the other good FA O linemen that where avalible?

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This, to me, is JD's most unforgivable mistake in his time here.  GVR is awful.  Was awful last year and has mostly been awful his entire career.  Jeez the guy was in the CFL just a few years ago.  

Coming into this season, under the current circumstances, with him penciled in as a starting guard is about as bad a decision as a GM can make.

Which is scary because when we brought him Here the o line was supposed to be his speciality. Ummmmm 

• Upvote 2

This is partly on Joe Douglas. Everyone knows what the Shanny offense is and how much it relies on the running game, play action and TEs. We are running two TE sets with backups.

All the top OC run a system. Their offenses work because they have players that fit their system.

Andy Reid is a unicorn. He’s the only guy I can think of that has changed his system. 

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Exactly.  If that claim is going to be made, you should name a player or two , who you think may have signed here

Big one I can think of is Corey Linsley was someone we should have overpaid to come here because it really would have upgraded 2 position after sliding McGovern to RG…. But after spending his career in cold ass Green Bay idk if we would have had the juice to pry him from L.A anyway… 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1