Is Robert Saleh the worst coach in the NFL?

FactsOnly

Pick below  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Salad Toppings below

• Yes
    • Yes, but only for this year until Urban Meyer concocts health problems

28 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

They've won one playoff game since 1957.  Are 0-6

You make that case all you want.  

This year they are far better than the Jets. Detroit has the 25th ranked D and O.  Their point differential is 72.  They have played a schedule to date with their opponents having a combined 30 and 16 record.  

The 2021 NY Jets have the 31st ranked O and 27th ranked D.  The NY Jets point differential is a minus 95.  The combined record of the teams the NY Jets have played is 20 and 21.  

The NY Jets today are worse than Detroit.  Detroit is still playing hard.  Detroit is playing a very tough schedule.  The Jets coming off a bye were absolutely embarrased by a division rival with a rookie QB and a HC with a lossing record with every QB except Tom Brady.  

Saleh and his staff have been an embarrassment.   As bad as Rich Kotitie and Lou Holtz.  Worse to date with way more talent than Adam Gase had.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

This year they are far better than the Jets. Detroit has the 25th ranked D and O.  Their point differential is 72.  They have played a schedule to date with their opponents having a combined 30 and 16 record.  

The 2021 NY Jets have the 31st ranked O and 27th ranked D.  The NY Jets point differential is a minus 95.  The combined record of the teams the NY Jets have played is 20 and 21.  

The NY Jets today are worse than Detroit.  Detroit is still playing hard.  Detroit is playing a very tough schedule.  The Jets coming off a bye were absolutely embarrased by a division rival with a rookie QB and a HC with a lossing record with every QB except Tom Brady.  

Saleh and his staff have been an embarrassment.   As bad as Rich Kotitie and Lou Holtz.  Worse to date with way more talent than Adam Gase had.  

Whatever, the org hasnt been better, the owner hasnt been better and theyre 0-6 without a playoff win since 1957.  You want to argue thats better ownership, thats fine.  Youre embarrassed fine.  You think we have more talent that a team led by a SB QB fine.  No one was talking about this season, it was org, ownership blah, blah, blah.  

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Whatever, the org hasnt been better, the owner hasnt been better and theyre 0-6 without a playoff win since 1957.  You want to argue thats better ownership, thats fine.  Youre embarrassed fine.  You think we have more talent that a team led by a SB QB fine.  No one was talking about this season, it was org, ownership blah, blah, blah.  

All I said is Detroit is playing better football than the Jets.  They are playing a tough schedule with and overmatched roster and at least fighting.   Detroit is the door matt of the NFL and right now the Jets are worse.  Stop defending this putrid product.   It's embarrasing the lengths Jets fans who have watched this for years can defend the product on the field.  

This is a competition and we aren't competing.  We all know that can change but that's simply hope it's not because Douglas has a plan or Saleh is a great HC or Lefleur is an up and coming OC who defenses are going to be trying to figure out for the next 10 years. 

The owner hasn't been better.  He got a few playoff wins with the remenants of what Hess and Parcells left him  .  Tannenbaum for all his issues was not hired by Johnson and he put a much better product on the field than Douglas to date. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Guess you missed that team out of Detroit

Oh, I feel so much better.  Because of Detroit.

:rolleyes:

Jets are 1-6 and just lost 54-13 to our hated rival (who isn't that good).

32nd/31st on Offense, 

29th/27th on Defense.

Avg. margin of loss:  13.57 points (i.e. two TD's).

Detroit may have a worse record, by all of one loss, but they're better than us on Offense, better than us on Defense, score more points per game than us, and lose by less points than us on average.

If that is this team's only defense of this season so far, "but Detroit", it isn't much a of a defense.

We're horrible, bordering on unwatchable.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Maybe I'm getting old, but does anybody remember Parcell's first year with the Giants? 

The 83 giants had a great defense but couldn’t score any points.

this Jets team is consistently bad in all phases and so far after 6 games played they haven’t been ready to play in any of them. Every game they’ve been down by 2 scores In the first half. Atlanta and the patriots stormed down the field on opening drives and the jets respond with 3 and outs. This is all on the coaching.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I'd take Dan Campbell over him, right now.  Homeboy is at least trying to win.  2 fakes punts and fake FG yesterday, that's called pulling out all the stops.  Saleh?  lmfao.  

The lions gave the rams a good game yesterday 

the Jets would have been blown out by 50 points

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BP said:

The 83 giants had a great defense but couldn’t score any points.

this Jets team is consistently bad in all phases and so far after 6 games played they haven’t been ready to play in any of them. Every game they’ve been down by 2 scores In the first half. Atlanta and the patriots stormed down the field on opening drives and the jets respond with 3 and outs. This is all on the coaching.

Correct. But with that Defense they still went 3-13. Point is, Giant fans wanted his hide.

On 9/26/2021 at 5:13 PM, FactsOnly said:

So far 5 agrees and your crying about irrelevant nonsense

Dont come in the thread if youre not gonna post on the topic kid

Let me tell ya what, if you want to be taken seriously make a real poll not both answers having the same meaning. Keep it simple and you will get more respect.

Robert Saleh Sucks 

Robert Saleh does not suck

Robert Saleh is having a hard time due to a very young roster

Robert Saleh has no excuse when his team seems lost for entire halves of football

11 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I'd take Dan Campbell over him, right now.  Homeboy is at least trying to win.  2 fakes punts and fake FG yesterday, that's called pulling out all the stops.  Saleh?  lmfao.  

Before we attack the guy we have to wait and see how he handles this situation as the season goes on and in the offseason if this sh*t keeps up. He in not running the Off or the Def so if there are problems based on the plays being called vs. players actually executing only he has that information since we do not have the plays called or a play book. In the end he is ultimately responsible but we wont know the full details until he does something about it.

Personally I think it comes down to execution but at this point its all speculation on our parts due to lack of info as I pointed out

On 9/26/2021 at 6:30 PM, Rangers9 said:

Come on man. But so far this team is poorly coached. There’s no way around it. 

Joe Douglas should have never allowed Salah to hire a first year OC to coach a rookie QB. That was unquestionably the biggest off season mistake. Losing Greg Knapp hurt obviously, but Lafleur has no clue. Coming off a bye week the Jets looked like they were playing flag football. Offensively they cannot game plan effectively as zero first quarter points proves.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Let me tell ya what, if you want to be taken seriously make a real poll not both answers having the same meaning. Keep it simple and you will get more respect.

Robert Saleh Sucks 

Robert Saleh does not suck

Robert Saleh is having a hard time due to a very young roster

Robert Saleh has no excuse when his team seems lost for entire halves of football

Robert Saleh is Bill Parcells

Zach Wilson will become Aaron Rodgers once Lefleur the scapegoat is fired.

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Before we attack the guy we have to wait and see how he handles this situation as the season goes on and in the offseason if this sh*t keeps up. He in not running the Off or the Def so if there are problems based on the plays being called vs. players actually executing only he has that information since we do not have the plays called or a play book. In the end he is ultimately responsible but we wont know the full details until he does something about it.

Personally I think it comes down to execution but at this point its all speculation on our parts due to lack of info as I pointed out

So because he's not running one of the unit, he's absolved of any blame?  Whu? 

• Upvote 1

Also can't really blame the Defense when half the defense JD put out there is hurt we lost a lot of players that would have made a difference and they played well in the first 4 games especially when you consider how long they were on the field.

Lawson

Curry

Joyner

Davis

Maye for 2 games

Cashman

Now Quincy Williams left the field yesterday.

Mosley (yesterday was a big blow and Belichick exploited it since even our back up MLB's are hurt and we had a 220 pounder (smaller than Lee) calling the defense and getting mugged)

That's 7 or 8 potential starters or rotational players not even playing for most if not all of the year and you can NEVER have enough depth to fill that gap. We went the last few games with out any of our Safety starters or LB starters in the game so I'm not sure what we expected .

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

So because he's not running one of the unit, he's absolved of any blame?  Whu? 

Did you bother to read the post ? I'm not absolving him of any blame I'm just saying we need to give him time to adjust since the entire organization from the HC down are all basically rookies including the coaching staff which may have been his first mistake as others have mentioned. 

1. he's been dealt a really sh*tty hand with all the injuries 

2. he's got to make decisions in the offseason if this sh*t keeps up on offense.

3. The Defense when healthy was playing pretty good football even though they were constantly on the field. It's no wonder players are getting hurt they are worn out. We are on our second and third level depth players and most of them are obviously rookies 

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Did you bother to read the post ? I'm not absolving him of any blame I'm just saying we need to give him time to adjust since the entire organization from the HC down are all basically rookies including the coaching staff which may have been his first mistake as others have mentioned. 

1. he's been dealt a really sh*tty hand with all the injuries 

2. he's got to make decisions in the offseason if this sh*t keeps up on offense.

3. The Defense when healthy was playing pretty good football even though they were constantly on the field. It's no wonder players are getting hurt they are worn out. We are on our second and third level depth players and most of them are obviously rookies 

Yes, I read your entire post.  You basically said, it's not his fault, he's not calling the plays and we dont know the plays that are called, so you cant really blame him even though he's ultimately in charge.  Which is a long way of saying; it's not his fault.  lol

I'm not saying to fire him, I just made a post in the other thread about how the Bengals start 6-25 under Zach Wilson.  0-11 to start his career so you need patience but it's also perfectly fine to say, he's not doing a very good job.  He just lost by 41 points with 2 weeks to prepare for a team he saw just 3 weeks ago.  That is an unbelievable show of incompetence.  Meanwhile, Dan Campbell is literally doing anything he can taking a knife to a gun fight and his team is going hard. 

• Upvote 1

When you lose 54-13 to a 2-4 team coming off your bye week, there is a serious a coaching issue. When you are 1-5 and 4 of your losses were essentially non-competitive, there is a serious coaching issue. When your 1 win was against the 5-2 Titans, it suggests that your record should (or at least could) be better than 1-5 and that you shouldn't be getting blown out by mediocre teams. Again . . . there is a serious coaching issue. 

Coaching. The Jets don't have a playoff roster, but they shouldn't be noncompetitive with 2-4 teams, either. This coaching staff doesn't know what it is doing. Let's hope that changes sooner than later. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Also can't really blame the Defense when half the defense JD put out there is hurt we lost a lot of players that would have made a difference and they played well in the first 4 games especially when you consider how long they were on the field.

Lawson

Curry

Joyner

Davis

Maye for 2 games

Cashman

Now Quincy Williams left the field yesterday.

Mosley (yesterday was a big blow and Belichick exploited it since even our back up MLB's are hurt and we had a 220 pounder (smaller than Lee) calling the defense and getting mugged)

That's 7 or 8 potential starters or rotational players not even playing for most if not all of the year and you can NEVER have enough depth to fill that gap. We went the last few games with out any of our Safety starters or LB starters in the game so I'm not sure what we expected .

I'm tired of the injury bug excuse. The Pats lost key people yesterday as well. Every team has injuries, good teams have good depth and good coaching to plug the gaps. We have none of that. 

On 9/26/2021 at 8:28 PM, FactsOnly said:

Will clown Salad coach GVR like he does Denzel Mims?

CIRCUS 3 GAMES IN

I loathe Van Roten, but he's right. Zach needs to deliver the ball on time. When he doesn't he needs to step up in the pocket (not bail backwards and scramble right or left) and check down. The kid is talented but he is totally lacking in pocket discipline. 

Can someone please make sure Zach is signed up for Pocket Discipline 101 at the Jordan Palmer Academy this off-season?

10 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I'm tired of the injury bug excuse. The Pats lost key people yesterday as well. Every team has injuries, good teams have good depth and good coaching to plug the gaps. We have none of that. 

You can't have depth when you lose 7 players on one side of the ball . You can have depth to make up for a few injuries but you can't have depth to make up for 7 missing starters especially when you have lots of young players and are trying to build a team.  

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

You can't have depth when you lose 7 players on one side of the ball . You can have depth to make up for a few injuries but you can't have depth to make up for 7 missing starters especially when you have lots of young players and are trying to build a team.  

Then improve strength and conditioning...or tiny heart syndrome, which strikes many Jets. 

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Then improve strength and conditioning...or tiny heart syndrome, which strikes many Jets. 

Best fix ???  try and get a competent offense so your defense is not on the damn field for 92 plays. I'm not sure people realize how much strain that puts on players when they are getting pounded and are exausted for long periods of time. Its brutal and it does cause injuries.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Best fix ???  try and get a competent offense so your defense is not on the damn field for 92 plays. I'm not sure people realize how much strain that puts on players when they are getting pounded and are exausted for long periods of time. Its brutal and it does cause injuries.

Lawson got hurt in camp

Davis got hurt in Sep

Maye got hurt in Sep

Mosley got hurt on a bye week 

Cashman got hurt after a game back

These guys arent getting hurt in the midst of a hard season in Mid November. We aren't even halfway through. 

What we're seeing with Saleh is a lot of the same things we saw with prior coaches. An undisciplined team, a poor game plan, statements that the team is overpreparing but shows up underprepared, a team that shows little life on the field. Earlier it seemed like the offensive coaching was the big problem but the defense is looking worse every game. Earlier in the season I would have said this is a LaFleur issue and Saleh's biggest mistake was hiring his pal's brother but everything looks so awful right now it's hard to say. 

I was just talking to somebody at work about all these new/newish coaches in the NFL and how bad most of them are. It seems the opportunity to find a serviceable head coach is harder now than maybe ever. Several of the most veteran coaches both in and out of the game have have produced few viable head coaches. College football is so different that even college head coaches and coordinators typically flop in the NFL. That's why we see teams trying to pluck coaches back from TV and any winning team's coordinators have multiple offers to consider any time they want it. It seems this is a problem we're going to see in the NFL until somebody figures out how to teach coordinators how to be head coaches successfully. The more coordinators are promoted after a winning season the less experienced head coaches will want to invest time in teaching their coordinators how to run a team which is only going to make this worse. 

If I were the Johnsons I would try to find a retired successful head coach to come in as an executive to mentor and give credibility to Saleh or whoever is next. There are several guys who went off to TV or retired completely who might be willing to take on a part time job of helping build out a coaching staff, develop game plans, etc. but not have to do the day to day or game day coaching. That's the only way these young guys are going to learn.