Is Robert Saleh the worst coach in the NFL?

FactsOnly

Pick below  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Salad Toppings below

• Yes
    • Yes, but only for this year until Urban Meyer concocts health problems

13 hours ago, Biggs said:

All I said is Detroit is playing better football than the Jets.  They are playing a tough schedule with and overmatched roster and at least fighting.   Detroit is the door matt of the NFL and right now the Jets are worse.  Stop defending this putrid product.   It's embarrasing the lengths Jets fans who have watched this for years can defend the product on the field.  

This is a competition and we aren't competing.  We all know that can change but that's simply hope it's not because Douglas has a plan or Saleh is a great HC or Lefleur is an up and coming OC who defenses are going to be trying to figure out for the next 10 years. 

The owner hasn't been better.  He got a few playoff wins with the remenants of what Hess and Parcells left him  .  Tannenbaum for all his issues was not hired by Johnson and he put a much better product on the field than Douglas to date. 

And all I said is the Lions are a worse organization 

12 hours ago, Warfish said:

Oh, I feel so much better.  Because of Detroit.

:rolleyes:

Jets are 1-6 and just lost 54-13 to our hated rival (who isn't that good).

32nd/31st on Offense, 

29th/27th on Defense.

Avg. margin of loss:  13.57 points (i.e. two TD's).

Detroit may have a worse record, by all of one loss, but they're better than us on Offense, better than us on Defense, score more points per game than us, and lose by less points than us on average.

If that is this team's only defense of this season so far, "but Detroit", it isn't much a of a defense.

We're horrible, bordering on unwatchable.

And worse than us in the Won lost column.  Didn’t know so many Lions fans would come running to their defense.  0-6 with only one playoff win since 1957.  I don’t care that their offense worn a SB QB is better

Robert Saleh, in his weekly spot on The Michael Kay Show on ESPN radio, had an interesting comment on Bill Belichick running up the score. "It's the NFL, it's not like Alabama vs William & Mary," he said. "It's the NFL. We're all professional athletes. If you don't want to get scored on, you gotta stop ‘em. Is it something I would do? Probably not, but to each his own." When Kay cracked that he's seen Alabama run it up against W&M, Saleh replied, "Same tree."

-Rich Cimini

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Robert Saleh, in his weekly spot on The Michael Kay Show on ESPN radio, had an interesting comment on Bill Belichick running up the score. "It's the NFL, it's not like Alabama vs William & Mary," he said. "It's the NFL. We're all professional athletes. If you don't want to get scored on, you gotta stop ‘em. Is it something I would do? Probably not, but to each his own." When Kay cracked that he's seen Alabama run it up against W&M, Saleh replied, "Same tree."

-Rich Cimini

What a coincidence considering his qb got drafted 2nd overall for lighting up William & Mary

• Haha 1

I knew Gase was a terrible hire from the get go but I thought Saleh could be a good NFL coach and was excited about the hire. I was fooled. He has shown to be every bit as clueless as the other clown. His teams look woefully unprepared, his OC hire was atrocious, he looks like a deer in headlights on the sideline, his defense has given up 1000 yards in the last 2 games and just allowed 54 points to a division rival after a bye week. Grade F. 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I knew Gase was a terrible hire from the get go but I thought Saleh could be a good NFL coach and was excited about the hire. I was fooled. He has shown to be every bit as clueless as the other clown. His teams look woefully unprepared, his OC hire was atrocious, he looks like a deer in headlights on the sideline, his defense has given up 1000 yards in the last 2 games and just allowed 54 points to a division rival after a bye week. Grade F. 

To be fair the defense until last Sunday overachieved.  Our offense with Zach has not been able to stay on the field let alone score in the first half of games

Our secondary is not talented.  Without Maye it’s even worse it’s easily the worst secondary in the league

It sounds like Woody is setting up Saleh and Lefleur to be the fall guys for this latest disaster season but the real problem is JD and Zach Wilson

18 minutes ago, Sellis92 said:

To be fair the defense until last Sunday overachieved.  Our offense with Zach has not been able to stay on the field let alone score in the first half of games

Our secondary is not talented.  Without Maye it’s even worse it’s easily the worst secondary in the league

It sounds like Woody is setting up Saleh and Lefleur to be the fall guys for this latest disaster season but the real problem is JD and Zach Wilson

There is no excuse for what happened on Sunday. He is supposed to be a defensive guru and he had 2 weeks to prepare. The corners have actually played pretty well and you just can't fall to pieces because Mosley was out. They couldn't stop a nosebleed against Ryan and the Falcons even though he had 2 important weapons out, and we all saw a complete collapse and ineptitude on both sides of the ball. JD is a big part of the blame but Saleh talked a big game and expectations were at the very least they were going to scrap and compete. I saw this as a 4-5 win team but with some fight. What I saw on Sunday was a team that quit and wanted to get off the field. Disgusting. 550 yards and 54 points to a rookie QB and a 2-4 team that hadn't scored 30 in any previous game and they probably could have put up 60. They were consistently gashed over and over by the same plays. He deserves all of the criticism that he gets and he is getting a lot of it from people who have played the game and not just fans. Again, no excuses. 

1 minute ago, Bruce Harper said:

Dumbest post ever. Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I am not saying Saleh is the worst coach (or not), but how is he not in the conversation at this point? 

I have seen far dumber posts than one suggesting the defensive minded HC that just gave up 50 points to a dink and dunk offense lead by a rookie is the worst coach in the league. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Right now, Robert Saleh is the worse coach in the NFL. This team should be playing better. Guys like Elijah Moore are playing out of position. We are forcing scheme that doesn’t optimize our personnel.

it’s not looking good. He said they played basketball to get better at football. ?

I still have faith in him but he has to give us something. I’m no where near ready to call for his head though. 

16 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Right now, Robert Saleh is the worse coach in the NFL. This team should be playing better. Guys like Elijah Moore are playing out of position. We are forcing scheme that doesn’t optimize our personnel.

it’s not looking good. He said they played basketball to get better at football. ?

I still have faith in him but he has to give us something. I’m no where near ready to call for his head though. 

Was just going to post the same...  Saleh has got to take hold of this team and get a little mean. Not yelling or anything, but get angry and let the player know he's angry. If he's letting his DC call all the shots, then he needs to step in and help out, and he needs to look out of the box and bring someone in to help LaFleur.

Was just going to post the same...  Saleh has got to take hold of this team and get a little mean. Not yelling or anything, but get angry and let the player know he's angry. If he's letting his DC call all the shots, then he needs to step in and help out, and he needs to look out of the box and bring someone in to help LaFleur.
10000 percent spot on ... not to replace LaFleur... but to mentor him .. a sounding board. Shannahan SR ??? It would a nice cushy job for him .. and he could take over if Saleh sh*ts the bed.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

On 10/26/2021 at 12:01 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I am not saying Saleh is the worst coach (or not), but how is he not in the conversation at this point? 

I have seen far dumber posts than one suggesting the defensive minded HC that just gave up 50 points to a dink and dunk offense lead by a rookie is the worst coach in the league. 

Too small a sample size.  Sorry.

• Thumb Down 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/26/2021 at 12:01 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Saleh is unprepared, he his high fiving and chest bumping his players like it is HS.  Hires his friends.

He is terrible.