Jump to content

Mike LeFleur must go


Uncle Nicco
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

wilson holds the ball too long and misses some easy throws.  the oline hasn't pass blocked very well.  the jets need to start throwing more quick passes.  and they certainly need a receiver that gets doubled once in a while.

At times but “Rookie holds onto the ball too long sometimes” isn’t a huge problem 3 games into a career. Bigger issues exist when veteran OL can’t pick up blitzes and also when plays look like this.

81C23028-24C8-44CE-9100-F442F9465084.thumb.png.2b05ee5c376464f752effe791cf8875d.png

 

 

FFD3A7EB-D0CB-49C7-A8BC-E3837D2815E4.png

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aside from the failure to utilize his personnel correctly, another one of LaFleur’s errors has been how he has been coaching Zach.  
 

During all of camp and the pre-season games we heard Saleh and LaFleur say how they were “forcing” Zach to stay in the pocket, make his reads and not wanting him to use his feet.   Now 3 games in what are we seeing?  Zach staying in the pocket too long, holding the ball and not using his feet.   His ability to get out of the pocket is abysmal.  His escape routes are non-existent.  He’s turning the wrong way into the rush, he’s not leaving the pocket when there have been opportunities to do so.  
 

They have coached this kid into a box, and aren’t using one of his best attributes.  It’s not good.  

  • Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

BD01515A-5A3A-4D7C-9067-784AB0A6AA02.thumb.png.f02d436be5f2c1b0bef5134f9c54e20b.png
 

What is going on here? Zach takes a sack on this play btw.

While tough to diagnose based on a single screenshot, I'd say Zack missing (or at least not yet throwing to) an open man for the first over the middle.  The bunched receivers look messy in this screeny, but I can only presume they separated some after this?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Warfish said:

You know that isn’t going to happen.

AZ first fire was the OC in season, followed by the rookie HC, followed by takeing a QB with their first pick the next year after taking a QB at 10.  Not to say we should follow AZ's model.  AZ at least made it to the NFC championship game witht the same GM that was willing to move on from his coaches and rookie QB.  The GM survived the purge. 

Douglas was willing to fire Gase after he came here because of Gase.  Lets see what kind of balls Douglas really has.  Is he really willing to make the tough decisions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For once, since Parcells, I'd like to see the Jets hire the actual big name guy, not some guys from "the tree" or someone's brother. Or the defensive coordinator of the offensive genius. 

For f*cks sake, the Johnson's are rich. Hire the actual real Shanahan, not the sloppy seconds. Even if you have to wait. Do whatever legal tampering is allowed. Or not Shannan, but whatever other proven coach is available. Lately it's all these retreads, never beens, brother or son of the offensive coordinator etc. Like, maybe try hiring the excellent guy with the proven record. It'll cost, but the Jets are in the NY Metro area.  That's 20 million people to get a small % to watch 8 games. Jets are printing money. Whatever it costs to pay the guy who is great while the team sucks for a couple of years will be more than recouped when the team is really good for 5 years etc. 

Instead they hire guys like The Stoic Statue, The Coffee Boy, Crazy Eyes and The Big Dofus. 

Jets are always like the last guy on a gang bang when it comes to hiring coaches. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

Lafleur wanted Elijah Moore so bad on draft he started celebrating when he was slipping. How does Lafleur want a guy so bad, finally gets him and then plays him out of position every game!?  Someone make it make sense 

Moore needs to clean up some of his route running though.  When he’s running those out routes he’s not crisp and drifting up field a bit.   He needs to be coming back towards the QB a little, he’s probably about 3-4 yards deeper than Zach expects him to be.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Moore needs to clean up some of his route running though.  When he’s running those out routes he’s not crisp and drifting up field a bit.   He needs to be coming back towards the QB a little, he’s probably about 3-4 yards deeper than Zach expects him to be.  

I thought Moore was some kind of route running prodigy though. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

BD01515A-5A3A-4D7C-9067-784AB0A6AA02.thumb.png.f02d436be5f2c1b0bef5134f9c54e20b.png
 

What is going on here? Zach takes a sack on this play btw.

Let's see. If Mims was the WR on the bottom of the screen, they could throw a jump ball there, but we have Mugsy Bogues playing out wide instead. Also, defense appears to be in man. Can't Zach use this athleticism we keep hearing about to pick up the first with his legs?

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

For once, since Parcells, I'd like to see the Jets hire the actual big name guy, not some guys from "the tree" or someone's brother. Or the defensive coordinator of the offensive genius. 

For f*cks sake, the Johnson's are rich. Hire the actual real Shanahan, not the sloppy seconds. Even if you have to wait. Do whatever legal tampering is allowed. Or not Shannan, but whatever other proven coach is available. Lately it's all these retreads, never beens, brother or son of the offensive coordinator etc. Like, maybe try hiring the excellent guy with the proven record. It'll cost, but the Jets are in the NY Metro area.  That's 20 million people to get a small % to watch 8 games. Jets are printing money. Whatever it costs to pay the guy who is great while the team sucks for a couple of years will be more than recouped when the team is really good for 5 years etc. 

Instead they hire guys like The Stoic Statue, The Coffee Boy, Crazy Eyes and The Big Dofus. 

Jets are always like the last guy on a gang bang when it comes to hiring coaches. 

The Johnsons are content with running the Jets like a poverty franchise and that's the bottom line. It's a disgrace, but Woody is a cheap scumbag content with losing and telling the fans the piss falling from the sky is rain....

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Let's see. If Mims was the WR on the bottom of the screen, they could throw a jump ball there, but we have Mugsy Bogues playing out wide instead. Also, defense appears to be in man. Can't Zach use this athleticism we keep hearing about to pick up the first with his legs?

When they rolled out the Davis, Moore, Berrios trio I knew it wasn’t going to be a good day.  How is that even an option?  Cole is barely getting on the field, when he has been targeted he at least catches the ball.  I still maintain the best trio is the Davis, Cole, Moore group with Moore in the slot.  

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The kid is good, he can make throws most can’t. Lafluer is learning on the job, so is Saleh and Zach. Receivers must catch the damn ball. The offensive line is JDs fault and or the the O line coach. Don’t look for wins against really good defenses like one coached by Fangio, these career defensive coaches hardly ever get beat by rookies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

The folks that down downvote this idea are INSANE!

The Jets didn't have Moore or Davis etc.  The Jets were sending out better lacrosse players than WR!  The idea that this year's skill position players are worse than last year's is preposterous!

This fanbase for the past year has been blaming Sam for everything while believing the neverending hype about Zach

 

Paradigms being shifted

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

While tough to diagnose based on a single screenshot, I'd say Zack missing (or at least not yet throwing to) an open man for the first over the middle.  The bunched receivers look messy in this screeny, but I can only presume they separated some after this?

Its 3&6 no point throwing to Kroft in the middle right away when he's 3 yards past the LOS. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

While tough to diagnose based on a single screenshot, I'd say Zack missing (or at least not yet throwing to) an open man for the first over the middle.  The bunched receivers look messy in this screeny, but I can only presume they separated some after this?

DD13E44E-6E63-4A9B-814A-FFD80A0AF2F9.thumb.png.5b8d1551bfb8f65eda816fee9d5929aa.png7D6491B0-90B2-4048-B42E-7CE08144C4C5.thumb.png.acc0268c748b60c4baa01372f9f1666b.png9D9A338F-0ECA-4E5E-A36C-A58D7DF8E3A4.thumb.png.ff0ad9023d31227c3d8250910c39875c.pngBBAD16EB-C142-4283-A07F-0B7D92877A7C.thumb.png.173fc8156e1f73b93323f2dbf828a27f.png
 

Maybe he should’ve let it rip to Davis when he cocks his arm back but he’s looking at Berrios. Either way 3 receivers and 4 defenders in a five yard space is crazy and in no way helps the rookie QB. Also of note there are 10 defenders on screen which means there’s still a deep safety over the top which is depressing.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Those route combinations are comical.  That can’t possibly be the way that play was drawn up.  

The only defense I have of the play is that (I think) berrios seems to break free for what looks to be a huge gain but unfortunately there is a FREE RUSHER coming down the middle 

 

 

BEC8C5F4-43B4-4735-B08F-935C89021BA2.jpeg

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...