Mike LeFleur must go

Uncle Nicco

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

DD13E44E-6E63-4A9B-814A-FFD80A0AF2F9.thumb.png.5b8d1551bfb8f65eda816fee9d5929aa.png7D6491B0-90B2-4048-B42E-7CE08144C4C5.thumb.png.acc0268c748b60c4baa01372f9f1666b.png9D9A338F-0ECA-4E5E-A36C-A58D7DF8E3A4.thumb.png.ff0ad9023d31227c3d8250910c39875c.pngBBAD16EB-C142-4283-A07F-0B7D92877A7C.thumb.png.173fc8156e1f73b93323f2dbf828a27f.png

Maybe he should’ve let it rip to Davis when he cocks his arm back but he’s looking at Berrios. Either way 3 receivers and 4 defenders in a five yard space is crazy and in no way helps the rookie QB. Also of note there are 10 defenders on screen which means there’s still a deep safety over the top which is depressing.

Everyone bunched together and Zach being rushed clean by a defender

Bench this kid to save his life 

17 hours ago, BP said:

This was a bad hire. We have two children learning on the job. And the most important one has the most to lose.

Totally agree. A rookie HC hiring a rookie OC with NO play calling experience would drive a veteran QB crazy. Yet we have a ROOKIE QB who is being asked to throw downfield on every pass play. No slants, screens and no fullback in the run game with a patchwork OL that is trying to find some semblance of cohesiveness. It's  a MESS, and Saleh is going to have to make the hard decision to let LaFleur go if things don't improve by the bye week. Losing Greg Knapp was the worst thing that could have happened. He was the ONLY member of the Jets staff that has DONE IT.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Lith said:

Agreed.  I can't imagine anyone would draw up a play with three wide receivers lined in trips right and all run the same route.  Don't think this one is on Lafleur.

It’s on LaFleur because he’s the leader of the offense. I doubt he drew this play up like this (I hope) but it is up to him to ensure that the players know what they’re doing. Right now the offense has bad concepts and bad execution. Something needs to click over the next few weeks or else little LaFleur is gonna be out of a job. 

1 minute ago, Albaniajet said:

Sam was not that bad here.  This is what this organization gets for listening to giants and patriots fans on ESPN

Last year he sucked here, not debatable, but my point is prior to years 2 and 3 most people predicted Sam should hit 4k—basically willing to bet their first born because that’s just how likely it seemed in today’s NFL. Nope. Even his best games didn’t typically include gaudy numbers. 

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

At your age your knee shouldn't jerk so fast, your lower leg is gonna swing right the f off

Ive seen the good bad and mostly ugly and so have you. 

Maybe thats your problem you are going blind and cant see the sh*t show of an organization this is with nothing positive in sight. 

Nothing is good here nothing is getting better. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Ive seen the good bad and mostly ugly and so have you. 

Maybe thats your problem you are going blind and cant see the sh*t show of an organization this is with nothing positive in sight. 

Nothing is good here nothing is getting better. 

Jdub, I've almost given up but I don't think Marie Antoinetting every coach that comes along after three weeks is a solution. 

3 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Jdub, I've almost given up but I don't think Marie Antoinetting every coach that comes along after three weeks is a solution. 

Me neither not looking to fire Saleh. 

LaFleur is the bad apple in all this bad offensive play calling. 

If Saleh doesn't want to fire the kid then bring in an offensive assistant to help with the play calling. 

Someone needs to design plays that are built around ZW and the other 10 stiffs  strengths and weaknesses 

• Upvote 1

The play calling has left much to be desired, but the struggles on offense are most certainly not all on Mike LeFleur.

There are plays to be made out there, but the players are simply not executing.  Wilson one hopping a wide open out route, Wilson not seeing open receivers running underneath, receivers dropping passes or letting them go through their hands, offensive lineman blocking air as a free rusher flies by.  These are all failures in execution, not design.

There are so many problems at once it's hard to point out one reason the team looks bad. There are so many new people on and off the field that have to get more than three games worth of leash. The most frustrating part of this for me is that JD correctly focused on the OL and QB in the draft but right now they all look like embarrassingly bad picks. I'm trying to keep patience but it would help if there was at least one thing to point at as even functional right now. 

Cavanaugh was later promoted to offensive coordinator with the Chicago Bears and spent six years as the offensive coordinator of the Baltimore Ravens, including in 2001 when he helped lead his team to a victory in Super Bowl XXXV.

Cavanaugh worked hand-in-hand with former Jets' quarterback Mark Sanchez under Rex Ryan. While Sanchez's career fizzled out, he still found considerable success in the postseason while with Gang Green.

In many ways, Cavanaugh helped maximize Sanchez's abilities. He's done the same with the likes of Jay Cutler (in Chicago) and Kirk Cousins (in Washington) as each quarterback found plenty of success working with Cavanaugh.