My Expectations as a Jets fan has sunk to a new low. Unfortunately, this is a very familiar feeling for me, being a Jets fan for over 50 years.

Alka

2 minutes ago, Alka said:

Before the season, I was looking at wins and losses, and thinking if the Jets can win 6 or 7 games this year.

Now, it is no longer about wins and losses.  It is now about whether or not the Jets can even compete in these games.

I turned the Jets off at halftime, and missed the 3rd quarter to eat dinner with my family.  I turned the TV on at the beginning of the 4th quarter, and was relieved that the Jets only gave up 3 points in the entire 3rd quarter, even though the Jets did not score a point.

I saw a stat on TV that the Jets have been outscored 46-3 in the first half in the first 3 games.  Doesn't that say it all?  

I mean, what can be competitive about getting blasted 46-3 in the first half over the first 3 games of the season?

Unfortunately, being a Jets fan for so long, this is not unfamiliar territory for me, and the hopeless feelings that I now have is not new.  

It is too late for me to start rooting for another NFL team.  I realize that my fate as a Jets fan will be that when I die, the Jets will not go to another Super Bowl, forget about winning another Super Bowl.

Thus far, I do not have confidence in Saleh, in LeFleur, in Zach Wilson, in JD.

It is like I am from Missouri.  Prove to me you are competent, and then I will believe in you.  I believe in nobody until they prove it to me. 

It's only a game, right?  True.  I need to keep on saying that to myself, over and over again.

I share your pain for almost as long my friend. This franchise can make the Bucs of 1070's look good. Incredible...No matter how bad it is,, It makes tons for the Johnsons. That's all that counts.

1 minute ago, longsuffering88 said:

All Johnsons

and

Fans who keep buying tickets

In summary

the die hard fans are actually to blame 

you can deny that all you want but YOU guys pay for this. No reason to change.

I won't deny it. Fans like me who go to the games or watch on TV giving them ratings, are to blame. As long as the Johnsons make money, we lose.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

I won't deny it. Fans like me who go to the games or watch on TV giving them ratings, are to blame. As long as the Johnsons make money, we lose.

Careful you dont want to upset the season ticket holders who worship Woody and his hard earned money!

Objectively, I think this is a WORSE performance than opening day. The OL is as bad today as on opening day. Zach is very clearly worse than opening day. The defense has given up more points than last week. And ST is disgustingly BAD today. Is there anything we could speak well of?

5 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I didn’t expect a lot of wins this season. But this is pathetic…unwatchable.

That is the word I was looking for...unwatchable.   

I didn't think I would feel good for Darnold, but I do feel good for Sam.  He is a good guy, and I'm glad he was able to escape this mess of a team.  Teddy Bridgewater also escaped;  I am happy for him too.

I wish I can escape from being a Jets fan, but I really can't.  I can't explain it, but I just can't.  

I am too loyal of a person.  It is part of what defines me as a human being.  Whatever.

• Upvote 1

I've been a Jet fan for almost all my 58 years. Dad bought season tickets when Namath signed, I grew up at Shea. I realized many years ago this was a junior league team, probably destined to be the Cubs or Red Sox of the NFL (I think this happened while watching Joe Walton bury his finger up his nose, after downing a 12-pack before and during the game).

Anyway, several years ago I started to not invest too much time and emotion in this team. Don't waste the whole Sunday, just the 3 hours of the game, or blow it off completely. They'll always be there next week or next season (like Freddie Kruger or Jason from Friday the 13th).

I have to get back to cleaning the dishes.

• Upvote 1

First problem with this team is a recurring one.  No way a raw rookie from byu with one really good year should have started year one, no fing way.  We had a to of cap space and should have gone out and got a vet starter.  A guy that thrown into the fire can at least function a bit.

But no we just tried to ruin one QB in darnold so we do the same damn thing.

We should have had foles or mariota or dalton or someone in here to start year one.

Dumbasses.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, longsuffering88 said:

All Johnsons

and

Fans who keep buying tickets

In summary

the die hard fans are actually to blame 

you can deny that all you want but YOU guys pay for this. No reason to change.

This is almost like haiku. Here's mine.

Woody Johnson cares

About the money you spend 

Nothing else matters 

7 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Not sure I have another rookie QB cycle in me, another charade of emotionally investing in a fresh start. Either Wilson is a success or I'll find something better to do with my time in a Sunday. For too long, watching the Jets is not rewarding in any way. It's actually very boring. 

“Boring” is exactly the way to describe it. First time i have ever felt that way watching a Jets game. I have looked forward to Jets games in the past but it’s becoming like an obligation opposed to something fun 

Actually, the Jets have not always been a garbage franchise.  A long, long time ago, they were quite good.  Even when Namath was in his very early years they were usually competitive and entertaining.  They they were bad in the 70s but the in the 80s they had some good teams and were competitive and entertaining.  when Parcells coached the team they were competitive.  also, Rex Ryan's first two seasons they went to the AFC Championship and had a good shot at winning both games with a very average QB at best.  Not the most entertaining team but very good.  What we have witnessed for most of the last 10 years is utterly disgraceful and that's on the owners.  I'm not giving up on this crew.  It will be an incredible test for Saleh and Zach.  time will tell.  

12 hours ago, TMAC said:

Actually, the Jets have not always been a garbage franchise.  A long, long time ago, they were quite good.  Even when Namath was in his very early years they were usually competitive and entertaining.  They they were bad in the 70s but the in the 80s they had some good teams and were competitive and entertaining.  when Parcells coached the team they were competitive.  also, Rex Ryan's first two seasons they went to the AFC Championship and had a good shot at winning both games with a very average QB at best.  Not the most entertaining team but very good.  What we have witnessed for most of the last 10 years is utterly disgraceful and that's on the owners.  I'm not giving up on this crew.  It will be an incredible test for Saleh and Zach.  time will tell.  

i would both agree and disagree with you.  If you remove the Rex Ryan years, the Jets have gone to exactly 2 AFC Championship game in 50 years, and of course they lost both of those games.

When the Jets were good, they were good for 2 or 3 years at a time, and then they sunk back to garbage.  Parcells brought them back from misery when he took over in year 1 of his tenure, then got real good for the next 2 years.  After that, they sunk to mediocre, then sinking again to garbage.  Herm Edwards coached them in the playoffs, and they were good for like 2 or 3 years, then sunk back to mediocre and then garbage.  

When the Jets had the sack exchange in the 80's, they were good for about 3 years again.  

The Jets have been garbage for the great majority of the last 50 years.  If I were to guess, I would say that the Jets have been competitive about 15 to 18 years out of the 52 years since their Super Bowl. 

The real problem is that when the Jets were bad, like they are now, they are really, really bad.  That is what is most troubling about this franchise.

• Sympathy 1

I love this sh*t.  When I am the optimistic one, you know things are ******* crazy.

They probably are not THAT bad.   Denver has a very good D and a very good coach.  They have had repeated penalties that have stopped them from having any continuity.  I think they will seem like a different team against the Falcons.  I'm not sure what to expect against Tennessee.  

Van Roten does seem bad, but they also seem to be forcing the ball to Carter.  Carter seems interesting, but I would prefer Johnson.  One thing I despise is all these running plays that result in big losses of yardage.  I understand getting blown up, but that shouldn't be an 8 yard loss on a run play.  Big difference between 2nd and 12 and 2nd an 18.  I feel like there have been a few so far, but maybe I am just overemphasizing a couple of plays.  Elijah Moore does not seem to be on the same page with Wilson.  Not sure which one is at fault.  Wilson seems a tiny bit off, but these balls should generally be caught.  there was one flip to Carter that looked like it was going to roll and he spit it right up.  The pick to Berrios was not well thrown, but c'mon dude.

I like Mims and want him to develop, but I don't agree that these guys should change their philosophy for him.  Make him learn what he was supposed to learn.  He wasn't that great when we thought he was going to be good.   

The D seems okay.  I think people that think they are good are overstating things.  They look good because teams are not worried about scoring on us on every down. I worry about what Henry is going to do next week.  They played 3 of the top 4 defenses in the NFL at this point.  To be fair part of those teams being ranked that high is that they played the Jets (and like Denver, the Giants) but we need to see if they get their footing against Atlanta and Indy.  If they can't move the ball then we are ****ed.  They need to get some confidence and they might start rolling.  I am not scared off by the horrible start, but I am a little concerned about Wilson.

• Upvote 1