MAJOR red flags on Zach Wilson

KO91

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'd actually have to take a break from the Jets if they did that.

Yeah we have half a dozen drops, and half a dozen sacks given up, but let's fix all our problems by adding a suspected rapist that'll cost an entire draft! Brilliant!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jet25 said:

Highly doubt JD has the balls to pull a Cardinals move and draft another QB with top 2 pick if Wilson looks bad all season, hope the kid can figure something out.

If we go 1-16 or worse I don’t think it’s impossible 

The smart move right now is trade Wilson, Becton, Crowder and a couple picks to Houston for Watson,  Watson is never going to jail the sh t is old

• Thumb Down 2

11 minutes ago, KO91 said:

This isn’t on the OL, WR, or OC. It’s on Zach Wilson. He’s watching the pass rush instead of keeping his eyes downfield and getting the ball where it needs to go. He’s playing like Christian Hackenberg. 

The kid is a special kind of awful right now. He can’t even accurate throw a check down to the back. If this keeps up the Jets may have to move on after one season. 

Too bad you have no idea wtf Zach is looking at unless you have some special camera footage of him looking at the pass rush and I'm also guessing you didn't see the 5 drops our WR's had that ended drives and One was on Ty Johnson who dropped just about everything in his direction. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I’m not there because I think kids need to play through this stuff, but the offense is absolutely broken right now. I don’t even know where you start fixing it

A good running game would go a long way but their line is an absolute mess right now and LaFluer doesn’t know what to do without one.  

The only other thing I’d like to see them do is just essentially scrap the TE position, make Mims active, Have 4 Wrs on the field at all times and utilize guys in space.  They can’t put physical anyone but they do have some speed,but play in a phone booth on offense.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I mean, he didn't look this bad in game 1. He doesn't trust his O-line and he's falling apart.

He does not trust his OL and not one player on this offense has made a play yet in 3 games. When I say make a play I mean catch a god damn pass to extend a drive or maybe break a tackle and run for 20 I mean dammit do something. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I’m not there because I think kids need to play through this stuff, but the offense is absolutely broken right now. I don’t even know where you start fixing it

I think maybe not going one OL per year on oline upgrades would be cool. 

if you’re talking about in season upgrades, I think you sit Zach until after the bye and try again. Drill his mechanics and force him to make quicker decisions. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I was never a proponent of us needing to sign a vet QB, as I wanted Wilson to just play, take his lumps, and learn, but I never thought it would be this bad.

I now wouldn't mind giving the kid a breather and letting Mike White be the sacrificial QB, just in the hopes of salvaging Wilson's career.

He needs to power through. I wanna know if he can handle the beatings and keep going. 

I just don’t know how someone can watch this past game and think Wilson is the problem. He’s not a godsend so far but he’s not the issue.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Yeah we have half a dozen drops, and half a dozen sacks given up, but let's fix all our problems by adding a suspected rapist that'll cost an entire draft! Brilliant!

I would 100% turn into a troll and only root for everything bad to happen to the franchise until they got rid of him and everyone who thought it was a good idea to trade for him.

Thankfully, it ain't going to happen.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

It's a mess all around. No protection, receivers can't catch, the OC seems to be in over his head. This is exactly what the word "clusterf*ck" is used for.

I'm not one for making excuses for a QB's performance, but the Zach Wilson we saw today was not the same one in the preseason, or even week 1. He is visibly deteriorating every game. The coaching staff needs to slow things down for him, and if they can't, I fear he's going to develop bad habits and be shell shocked for the rest of his career here.

We are once again letting a QB down and watching a regression. Sure its early but no one is making a play 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

He does not trust his OL and not one player on this offense has made a play yet in 3 games. When I say make a play I mean catch a god damn pass to extend a drive or maybe break a tackle and run for 20 I mean dammit do something. 

Corey Davis looked pretty reliable game 1, and then just decided, "nah, I'm gonna suck".

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

if you’re talking about in season upgrades, I think you sit Zach until after the bye and try again. Drill his mechanics and force him to make quicker decisions. 

I’m a sink or swim guy when it comes to QBs. I don’t think you learn anything from the bench. The frustrating thing is that with a rookie HC and OC they’re all sinking together right now

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He needs to power through. I wanna know if he can handle the beatings and keep going. 

I just don’t know how someone can watch this past game and think Wilson is the problem. He’s not a godsend so far but he’s not the issue.

I just don't see how he can build any confidence and learn to progress in this environment. He may not be the issue now, but he will be. Either that, or he'll jump ship as soon as his rookie contract is up.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

I just don't see how he can build any confidence and learn to progress in this environment. He may not be the issue now, but he will be. Either that, or he'll jump ship as soon as his rookie contract is up.

He’s either stone cold or he’s mush. If he can take the lumps and not fall apart then we’ll know he’s worth keeping.

• Sympathy 1

Nah our olines best guard is playing Center, leaving an imbecile to start at RG, backed up by a guy who couldn’t block a telephone number. Our 34yr old dumbass OC insists on playing our best slot WR outside where he gets no separation because he’s like 5’9… the WR room we invested a lot into has shown no ability to create separation and get open. It’s all bad but this isn’t on Wilson 

18 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Sit Cory Davis and start Mims

While I agree with that sentiment, what do you do if that doesn't make anything better. Mims doesn't know all of the plays and his best asset at this point is the long ball; you need 3-4 seconds at least for the QB to throw it. He doesn't have it.

IMO, if everyone else is learning on the fly, why not let Mims do the same, but let's be real, Mims is not going to fix this train wreck any more than Zack could. The whole team has to get better and that starts with the OC.

3 minutes ago, Pichula said:

He still had a big drop week 1

Numerous big drops and even the passes that were suspect where you expect him to become a defender and slap the ball down or doing ******* something he fails. Once again the team is not close to having a reliable number 1 WR . Right now we are fielding a mid level #2 and a bunch of ... can't even think of the words. That's not to say Zach is playing special but when you have 5 drive stopping drops its hard to blame that on the QB especially when hes dealing with intense pressure.

• Upvote 1