MAJOR red flags on Zach Wilson

KO91

9 minutes ago, ScouserJet said:

I still think we lack quality everywhere in offence.

The Guy that mentioned the dropped passes on the first page is spot on. Look at the Broncos and how well they did with their throws (when they weren’t killing us with the run) and it helps to have competent receivers.

The guy has a shot, but if he gets pummelled every week cause the O-Line can’t protect him, he will make mistakes and he will just stagnate. His confidence already looks shot.

I fully believe that Wilson is a good QB, but don’t think we’re anywhere near equipped to support the kid.

Why they never brought in a Vet QB, is anyone’s guess? Is that the GM? HC? LaFleur?

Good Post.  I still have faith in Wilson.  We just went through this with Sam.  When you give the kid no support or protection they’re going to struggle mightily.  I don’t care how good of a QB you are if you don’t have weapons who can actually catch big plays, no oline, and bad cia bing you’re going to fail 

• Upvote 1

i knew it would be bad, but only because we always play historically bad in Denver.

last time there in 2017 we lost 23-0. and we came there there at 5-7 and they were 3-9

we lost 27-0 in 2005.

last Jet team to win in Denver was in 2010.

maybe next time we have to get there on a Monday to give us a week to get use to the air or something. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like this is just a cliche in Wilson’s case. He’s a skinny kid who played a poofy schedule at BYU and had one good statistical season. He was drafted for his potential, now for what he could give you now. At the least, they should have made him beat someone out for the job. It won’t be too long now until the rest of the team starts turning on Wilson and Saleh simply due to the appearance that the kid was gifted the job when he clearly wasn’t ready for it. 

there is a long list of people on this team that are not qualified to start in the NFL...they should look in the mirror before looking at anyone.

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

i knew it would be bad, but only because we always play historically bad in Denver.

last time there in 2017 we lost 23-0. and we came there there at 5-7 and they were 3-9

we lost 27-0 in 2005.

last Jet team to win in Denver was in 2010.

maybe next time we have to get there on a Monday to give us a week to get use to the air or something. 

I remember the Jets losing 42-7 in Denver week 1.  Webb Slaughter caught the only td

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

Good Post.  I still have faith in Wilson.  We just went through this with Sam.  When you give the kid no support or protection they’re going to struggle mightily.  I don’t care how good of a QB you are if you don’t have weapons who can actually catch big plays, no oline, and bad cia bing you’re going to fail 

i kind of agree, but it may be time to put that one on JD....clearly the guys that ARE here arent getting it done.

Mims - draft pick, cant get on the field

Crowder - basically disenfranchised by this org, who even knows how hurt he is

Davis - not great so far

Moore - way overhyped and underperforming

and finally....we really really could have used a TE and a LG in the offseason.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like this is just a cliche in Wilson’s case. He’s a skinny kid who played a poofy schedule at BYU and had one good statistical season. He was drafted for his potential, now for what he could give you now. At the least, they should have made him beat someone out for the job. It won’t be too long now until the rest of the team starts turning on Wilson and Saleh simply due to the appearance that the kid was gifted the job when he clearly wasn’t ready for it. 

Maybe, although it sounds like no one is pointing fingers (other than Greg Van Roten, who just seems like an a**hole generally). I’d love to get Saleh and Douglas hooked up to a polygraph and ask them what their honest expectations for this season were.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Maybe, although it sounds like no one is pointing fingers (other than Greg Van Roten, who just seems like an a$$hole generally). I’d love to get Saleh and Douglas hooked up to a polygraph and ask them what their honest expectations for this season were.

I mean, I’m pretty sure they expected to take some lumps with a young team and hopefully position themselves well moving forward after watch young talent grow. 

Just…these lumps are massive. 

• Upvote 1

After only three games, the Jets are already well on their way to ruining another quarterback.

Zach Wilson shouldn't have started the season. The logical move was to start a veteran on a young team, with a rookie HC and rookie OC. Ease the rookie from BYU into the NFL. It really isn't rocket science.

The regression is clear and present, and the Jets have no one to blame but themselves. Again.

• Upvote 2

No matter how sh*tty this was it's STILL only game 3 and plenty of sh*tshow teams have gotten better over the season.  I never expected playoffs, so losses aren't shocking, pissed at the incompetence, but just gotta hope these guys are working to get better.  We'll see where we are by week 4.

• Haha 2

Wrong. 

Not wrong. Wilson had one good year in college. One. Prior to this past season he sucked at BYU. Hes never seen anything even remotely close to NFL talent or NFL scheming in his life and we walked him into a NY market, handed him the keys and talked about him like his greatness is a given. In terms of QB candidates he falls in the likes of Trubisky.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KO91 said:

This isn’t on the OL, WR, or OC. It’s on Zach Wilson. He’s watching the pass rush instead of keeping his eyes downfield and getting the ball where it needs to go. He’s playing like Christian Hackenberg. 

The kid is a special kind of awful right now. He can’t even accurate throw a check down to the back. If this keeps up the Jets may have to move on after one season. 

Rook playing like a rook...not so bad

2 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

One year wonder who made highlight reel plays facing community college programs.  Only ranked defense he played he looked mediocre

How could JD be this stupid?

Stop with this nonsense.  It really is nonsense and makes you and anyone else that repeats it sound ridiculous and entirely unserious.

Zach has NOT been good - but neither has Fields or Lawrence......Do you think either of them, or Jones for that matter, would be performing any better under these circumstances?

Fields has been worse and you can certainly argue that Lawrence has been as well.  Jones was asked, for the first time, to help the team win today and he failed misterably.

Zach might suck (in fact I think he does) but who he played in college is not the reason for it.  Zach was a legitimate prospect. 

Who he played in college is just silly at this point. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Pichula said:

Yea Corey Davis dropping a 30 yard pass on third down is on Zach Wilson 

Carter Dropping a would be 25 yard third down conversion is on Zach Wilson 

Ty Johnson dropping a 4th and 2 is on Zach Wilson 

Allowing free rushers down the middle of the “protection” is on Zach Wilson

His OC calling 5 wide empty on 4th and 1 is on Zach Wilson 

You forgot one.  The HC and OC continuing to bench a healthy Mims is on Zach Wilson. 

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Stop with this nonsense.  It really is nonsense and makes you and anyone else that repeats it sound ridiculous and entirely unserious.

Zach has NOT been good - but neither has Fields or Lawrence......Do you think either of them, or Jones for that matter, would be performing any better under these circumstances?

Fields has been worse and you can certainly argue that Lawrence has been as well.  Jones was asked, for the first time, to help the team win today and he failed misterably.

Zach might suck (in fact I think he does) but who he played in college is not the reason for it.  Zach was a legitimate prospect. 

Who he played in college is just silly at this point. 

How is it silly?  Before the draft people were gushing about Wilson being Mahomes 2.0 meanwhile he had never played well facing real competition in college

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Albaniajet said:

How is it silly?  Before the draft people were gushing about Wilson being Mahomes 2.0 meanwhile he had never played well facing real competition in college

Because the guys from that draft that did play great competition suck too.  I could just imagine Fields being asked to start for this roster or Lawrence.

What would be your reasoning for them sucking?  

The Jets are awful, the rookie QB play hasn't been good.  But the "I told you so" because of his competition in college is pure non-sense.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Because the guys from that draft that did play great competition suck too.  I could just imagine Fields being asked to start for this roster or Lawrence.

What would be your reasoning for them sucking?  

The Jets are awful, the rookie QB play hasn't been good.  But the "I told you so" because of his competition in college is pure non-sense.  

I agree,  horrible draft class at the qb position 

I’m just trying to figure out how the people who know everything were so wildly wrong about Wilson.  One good year in college.  Competition was nothing.  Small. How was this guy ever even a first round pick?

1 minute ago, Albaniajet said:

I agree,  horrible draft class at the qb position 

I’m just trying to figure out how the people who know everything were so wildly wrong about Wilson.  One good year in college.  Competition was nothing.  Small. How was this guy ever even a first round pick?

It's been three games and you're doing a retrospective. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

He does not trust his OL and not one player on this offense has made a play yet in 3 games. When I say make a play I mean catch a god damn pass to extend a drive or maybe break a tackle and run for 20 I mean dammit do something. 

Umm not true.   One pass, one 40 yard gain.  Never sees another pass or active for another game.....   2124403203_download(25).jpg.05a5ff1575eaf3e4c61abe9283b1982f.jpg

• Sympathy 1

40 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

People can't actually believe its all on Zach can they?  I mean you have eyes right?  You see how awful every part of the Jets are right? 

Plenty of blame to go around from the owner on down.

I don't think its all his fault, but he's certainly not making me rethink any of the suspicions I had about him.