MAJOR red flags on Zach Wilson

KO91

5 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

I agree,  horrible draft class at the qb position 

I’m just trying to figure out how the people who know everything were so wildly wrong about Wilson.  One good year in college.  Competition was nothing.  Small. How was this guy ever even a first round pick?

Those are the same people that loved TL and JF and MJ. 

You might not like the way ZW has played but as a prospect he was just fine.  They judged his skill-set like they did the others.  They were wrong, but it's not because of who he played in college. 

It's just stupid at this point.  He has NFL tools.  Just like TL and JF do...but they suck too and they played high level college competition.  

I'm not happy at all with the way ZW is playing but it has ZERO to do with who he played in college.

I'm done with this conversation because it's just stupid at this point.

• Upvote 3

Just now, FidelioJet said:

You might not like the way ZW has played but as a prospect he was just fine.  They judged his skill-set like they did the others.  They were wrong, but it's not because of who he played in college. 

It's just stupid at this point.  He has NFL tools.  Just like ZW and JF do...but they suck too and they played high level college competition.  

I'm not happy at all with the way ZW is playing but it has ZERO to do with who he played in college.

I don’t get it.  Never did.  Wilson is undersized and can’t read a defense.  He has arm strength but so did Kellen Clemens and Bryce Petty

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

It's just stupid at this point.  He has NFL tools.  Just like TL and JF do...but they suck too and they played high level college competition.  

Don't forget that he's too small when the 3 best QB's in the NFL are his same size, or smaller! (Wilson, Rodgers, Mahomes)

• Post of the Week 2

40 minutes ago, doitny said:

i knew it would be bad, but only because we always play historically bad in Denver.

maybe next time we have to get there on a Monday to give us a week to get use to the air or something. 

It’s not Joe Douglas it’s the air.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

SAR I

• Haha 1

Just now, SAR I said:

It’s not Joe Douglas it’s the air.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

SAR I

I'm with you.

If this organization has any future you can not allow JD to manage another off-season...

With five picks expected to be in top 65.  And $100mm in cap space.  You simply can't do it.

He's been an unmitigated disaster.

Better than Mac as Mac had no plan.  JD seems to have a plan but he's been abysmal at putting the pieces in place to accomplish said plan.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Let's make a comparison to the last few jets qbs

Geno Smith first 3 games

55/ 102  completion %: 54

3 tds / 6 Int. 801 yards

Record 2-1

Sam Darnold first 3 games

56 / 93 completion %: 60

3 tds / 5 int. 701 yards

Record 1-2

Zach Wilson first 3 games

58/ 105 completion %: 55

2 tds / 7 int 628 yards

Record 0-3

Christian Hackenburg first 3 games: 

No stats available

Wilson was majorly over hyped coming out of BYU. Everyone ignored his obvious flaws which are shining threw right now. Horrific foot work, sloppy mechanics etc.

Is he still your savior?  Because he's just next in line to be the biggest bust in NY Jets history. which is really quite an accomplishment.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm with you.

If this organization has any future you can not allow JD to manage another off-season...

With five picks expected to be in top 65.  And $100mm in cap space.  You simply can't do it.

He's been an unmitigated disaster.

Better than Mac as Mac had no plan.  JD seems to have a plan but he's been abysmal at putting the pieces in place to accomplish said plan.

This, sadly. 

He can’t pick players.   

SAR I

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Let's make a comparison to the last few jets qbs

Geno Smith first 3 games

55/ 102  completion %: 54

3 tds / 6 Int. 801 yards

Record 2-1

Sam Darnold first 3 games

56 / 93 completion %: 60

3 tds / 5 int. 701 yards

Record 1-2

Zach Wilson first 3 games

58/ 105 completion %: 55

2 tds / 7 int 628 yards

Record 0-3

Christian Hackenburg first 3 games: 

No stats available

Wilson was majorly over hyped coming out of BYU. Everyone ignored his obvious flaws which are shining threw right now. Horrific foot work, sloppy mechanics etc.

Is he still your savior?  Because he's just next in line to be the biggest bust in NY Jets history. which is really quite an accomplishment.

lol you're making comparisons strictly by numbers. That's awesome. lololol

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, SAR I said:

This, sadly. 

He can’t pick players.   

SAR I

Nope...

ALL of his free agents have been a disaster (all three off-seasons)

Other than a 6th round flyer - all of his draft picks from his first draft has been a disasters.

This year's draft, far too early to tell, but early results aren't good.

I honestly really like his plan about building an offense in a league where it's all about offense - but maybe that's a no brainer to all non-jet GM's...Because other than that concept I really can't think of anything he's done well.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Nope...

ALL of his free agents have been a disaster (all three off-seasons)

Other than a 6th round flyer - all of his draft picks from his first draft has been a disasters.

This year's draft, far too early to tell, but early results aren't good.

I honestly really like his plan about building an offense in a league where it's all about offense - but maybe that's a no brainer to all non-jet GM's...Because other than that concept I really can't think of anything he's done well.

Keep the coach, keep the strategy, get a new general manager who is good at picking players. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I’d like to see Zach use his legs more often. He can do it really well - just not sure why he isn’t/why it’s not being designed into the play calling.

I felt the same about Sam. Stop just sitting back there… we don’t have the horses, clearly

Could it be the LaFleur is clueless to date? There are so many issues that need to be fixed. IMO better scheming and play calling would have a positive influence on all the other issues. 

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

I’m more concerned about Corey Davis drops, Ty Johnson failures in pass protection, max protect plays that lead to instant pressure and no run game. He’s 3 games into his career, he hasn’t been good but 3 games doesn’t mean anything yet.

All that is precisely why I think it may not be beneficial to leave him out there if the rest of the team can't get it together. What can he learn from constantly going 3 and out except to force it to players who can't catch who will just tip it for an INT? And if he doesn't go for the play and does the smart thing and throws it away time after time, the boo-birds will come out.

This isn’t on the OL, WR, or OC. It’s on Zach Wilson. He’s watching the pass rush instead of keeping his eyes downfield and getting the ball where it needs to go. He’s playing like Christian Hackenberg. 

The kid is a special kind of awful right now. He can’t even accurate throw a check down to the back. If this keeps up the Jets may have to move on after one season. 
Only saw that once today and i dont blame him one bit ... OL is complete garbage.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

They had a good vet option on the roster last year.  When it looked like they were going to draft this kid they should have immediately given Flacco a 1 year deal and the job this year.

This seemed like a no brainer plan.  Reid sat Mahomes a year but we can't sit Zippy Wilson??

Gtfoh.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pichula said:

Allowing free rushers down the middle of the “protection” is on Zach Wilson

Three straight weeks of free runners thru the A-gap. After watching that JT O’Sullivan video it’s all I’m watching for… it’s horrid.

Like basic OL “musts” and it’s frequent.

Letting Gase pick JD is almost as absurd as letting Mac pick Gase.

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

Not wrong. Wilson had one good year in college. One. Prior to this past season he sucked at BYU. Hes never seen anything even remotely close to NFL talent or NFL scheming in his life and we walked him into a NY market, handed him the keys and talked about him like his greatness is a given. In terms of QB candidates he falls in the likes of Trubisky.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Where the hell were you guys in March? It felt like me, JIF and a few others against a hive. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

The few others are not taking victory laps since the "few others" were pushing for a guy that went 6 for 20 today.

I watched Fields and Wilson today. Fields sucked, but I always said he would struggle as a rookie if you sat him in the pocket and asked him to make full field reads. He has to speed up his clock. I thought you could win with him as a rookie with a simplified style offense that took advantage of his running ability (similar to what Josh Allen did as a rookie) and that he would develop into a more complete passer in his second and third rookie season. 

The problem with Wilson is that we were served a bill of goods about how his experience playing in BYU's offense would ease his transition into the Shanahan offense and that he would be more "ready to start" as a rookie. None of what we have seen up until now supports that argument. Other than the second half against Carolina, Wilson has been swimming out there. 

Additionally, if you are excusing Wilson's performance due to the pressure he's been facing, what happened to Fields today was even worse. Myles Garret looked like the boogeyman out there today, he was completely unblockable. The Browns are a good team. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, maury77 said:

I watched Fields and Wilson today. Fields sucked, but I always said he would struggle as a rookie if you sat him in the pocket and asked him to make full field reads. He has to speed up his clock. I thought you could win with him as a rookie with a simplified style offense that took advantage of his running ability (similar to what Josh Allen did as a rookie) and that he would develop into a more complete passer in his second and third rookie season. 

The problem with Wilson is that we were served a bill of goods about how his experience playing in BYU's offense would ease his transition into the Shanahan offense and that he would be more "ready to start" as a rookie. None of what we have seen up until now supports that argument. Other than the second half against Carolina, Wilson has been swimming out there. 

Additionally, if you are excusing Wilson's performance due to the pressure he's been facing, what happened to Fields today was even worse. Myles Garret looked like the boogeyman out there today, he was completely unblockable. The Browns are a good team. 

Fields and Wilson are both horrible

Fields got sacked 9 times because he thinks he’s Lamar Jackson and holds on to the ball forever

• Upvote 1