MAJOR red flags on Zach Wilson

KO91

47 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I couldn't care less what any of the ex-Jets head coaches do with their lives when they leave the team.

I worry deeply about their replacements the moment they start showing signs of being worse than the guy before.  And that time is quickly approaching.

SAR I

No of course you dont.  Thats why youre constantly on here singing Gase's praises.  

33 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

No of course you dont.  Thats why youre constantly on here singing Gase's praises.  

Never happened.  I defended Gase entering the 2020 season because a) he was our head coach and b) the injury riddled 6-2 finish was a very nice achievement.  And then it became apparent during that season that he was straddled with a GM that built him a horrible roster.  "Oh no!  Douglas is great!  It's Gase that's the problem!" people like you cried. 

Nope.  Different coach, Same Ol' Jets.

I warned you personally multiple times, as recently as a few months ago, that the 2019-2020 coaching staff was the constant and Douglas was the variable.  That the only thing that changed between the optimistic 6-2 2019 season and the pathetic 2-14 2020 season was the GM messing with the roster.  The 2020 team had the identical coaching staff, the same quarterback, the same playbook, fewer injuries, and they sucked worse than the year before. 

I wish it were Gase.  It wasn't.  It's Douglas.  And now we're f-----ed.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, PeterDorito said:

Full disclosure - Bills fan here.  Wilson looks decent, imo.  You can definitely see the potential.  Throws a nice ball and is doing his best to stand in there and make throws.  They need to get him on the move and his receivers need to actually catch the ball.  He's clearly got a higher ceiling than Darnold did.  And for those expecting him to look like Justin Herbert out of the gate, compare the Jets roster to what Herbert had to work with last year.  Wilson's current situation is much more like Josh Allen's when he entered the league, and Allen looked horrible for most of his first 6 games.  

I don’t ever remember Allen looking *this* bad. Zach is on pace for 40 freaking interceptions, for goodness sake.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Never happened.  I defended Gase entering the 2020 season because a) he was our head coach and b) the injury riddled 6-2 finish was a very nice achievement.  And then it became apparent during that season that he was straddled with a GM that built him a horrible roster.  "Oh no!  Douglas is great!  It's Gase that's the problem!" people like you cried. 

I warned you personally multiple times, as recently as a few months ago, that the 2019-2020 coaching staff was the constant and Douglas was the variable.  That the only thing that changed between the optimistic 6-2 2019 season and the pathetic 2-14 2020 season was the GM messing with the roster.  The 2020 team had the identical coaching staff, the same quarterback, the same playbook, fewer injuries, and they sucked worse than the year before. 

SAR I

Gotta defend SAR here. He did exactly what he said above. He’s been calling out JD for a while now.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Its not looking good right now. However, JD has done some good things that are just not transpiring right now for different reasons.  That will require time.  Macc had 5 years to destroy the talent level. Its going to take JD at least 3-4 to get it functionable.  Its not a quick fix especially going with this youth movement.  And you keep harping on that 6-2 'streak' like it was a life changing event. LOL. It was a joke against crappy teams like us and they could have easily been losses.  They really didnt play that much better.  It's a silly argument.  And even if they dont improve, at least they made an attempt to get away from the clutches of Gase and Macc. 

I can’t quite put my finger on it but something about the kid does not seem right. He doesn’t give me that “it” feeling. He looks small and young and Manziel’esque in a way.

Not feeling good about him.

Good thing JD hired an offensive coach to help him develop. Oh wait…

16 hours ago, Pichula said:

Yea Corey Davis dropping a 30 yard pass on third down is on Zach Wilson 

Carter Dropping a would be 25 yard third down conversion is on Zach Wilson 

Ty Johnson dropping a 4th and 2 is on Zach Wilson 

Allowing free rushers down the middle of the “protection” is on Zach Wilson

His OC calling 5 wide empty on 4th and 1 is on Zach Wilson 

Are these excuses for Darnold or Wilson?

I cant tell because they’re the same excuses, just different year.

I watched the game this morning in the abbreviated mode on gamepass and I'm shocked so many of you are so down on Wilson. I counted 9 or 10 dropped passes and the rest of the time the guy was running for his life. I didn't bother to add up the lost yardage that resulted from those drops but if someone does his stats look a whole lot different. Plus they would have had how many more first downs? Potentially points?

I can't believe I'm defending a Jets QB to Jets fans!!!

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Its not looking good right now. However, JD has done some good things that are just not transpiring right now for different reasons.  That will require time.  Macc had 5 years to destroy the talent level. Its going to take JD at least 3-4 to get it functionable.

Because of the draft and cap capital that Douglas inherited and the premium draft position he has enjoyed by trading away Maccagnan's talent, one would think that on a roster of 22 starters at least 8 of those starting jobs would be filled with players we are comfortable with and see a bright future with.  Fair?  1/3 of the roster in 2.5 years.  And I don't see many.  Do you? 

Corey Davis looks like a good WR2.  John Franklin-Myers looks like a good DE2.  But are they better than Robbie and Leonard?  No.  Just cheaper.  That's treading water.  Nothing has been improved.  And they were free agents, someone else's good draft picks.  Douglas' drafts?  Bust.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

And you keep harping on that 6-2 'streak' like it was a life changing event. LOL. It was a joke against crappy teams like us and they could have easily been losses.  They really didnt play that much better.  It's a silly argument.  And even if they dont improve, at least they made an attempt to get away from the clutches of Gase and Macc. 

You, and thousands of Jets fans, bet your sanity that Adam Gase was the problem and that by removing him we would see improvement.  And that's not the case at all.  Robert Saleh is energetic, comes from a great tree, comes from a Super Bowl team, is likeable, and has a great tagline, but the team looks worse under him than any other coach that preceded him.  

I'm not saying that because I thought Gase should be retained.  I'm saying that because I thought Joe Douglas should be removed.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Facts said:

I don’t ever remember Allen looking *this* bad. Zach is on pace for 40 freaking interceptions, for goodness sake.

Allen’s floor was always higher than people gave him credit for. He was able to get by with his legs before his arm caught up. 

Wilsons first 3 games are alarming. The kid doesn’t look like he’s seeing the field at all. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

You, and thousands of Jets fans, bet your sanity that Adam Gase was the problem and that by removing him we would see improvement.  And that's not the case at all.  Robert Saleh is energetic, comes from a great tree, comes from a Super Bowl team, is likeable, and has a great tagline, but the team looks worse under him than any other coach that preceded him.  

I'm not saying that because I thought Gase should be retained.  I'm saying that because I thought Joe Douglas should be removed.

SAR I

No youre using Douglas as the fall guy to rationalize your love interest for Gase.  We all know you have eyes for him.  

adam-gase-eyes.jpg

17 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Literally, just logged in to share that tweet. In light of Sam leading the league in passing on an undefeated Panthers team after this forum came to the consensus he was a lost cause, it seems important that we take all things into account when evaluating Zach's performance. 

As much as I've read some posts here that he didnt have sufficient courage yesterday - I saw him climb the pocket well, move around an uncoming defender while about to get crushed from the side and throw a Mahomes esque side arm ball perfectly into space for Barrios who drop it (UP!) into the hands of a defender on the second pic. For me, Wilson did everything you'd want him to on the play....

Frustratingly, a lot of these drops are happening downfield, several of them to Davis in the red zone in recent weeks, so also depressing our passing yards and cutting down on scoring opportunities directly. 

It feels like excuses, but honestly, we've lost 2 of three games this season to QBs that used to be on OUR roster, but we didnt think were good enough....

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Becton, Wilson, Hall, AVT, Moore, Carter I &II, Echols. Trading Jamal. Thats a significant upgrade from Hack and Co.

In what way is that better?

Becton has done literally nothing. Wilson is on pace for 40 INT’s. Hall wouldn’t even start on some of the better teams.

The Jets are 2-17 under JD.

Think about that.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

I'm shocked so many of you are so down on Wilson. I counted 9 or 10 dropped passes and the rest of the time the guy was running for his life.

Your talking to a fan base that convinced themselves the current leading passer in the NFL was the worst QB in the NFL despite a much worse situation than the current QB has.

1 hour ago, PeterDorito said:

Full disclosure - Bills fan here.  Wilson looks decent, imo.  You can definitely see the potential.  Throws a nice ball and is doing his best to stand in there and make throws.  They need to get him on the move and his receivers need to actually catch the ball.  He's clearly got a higher ceiling than Darnold did.  And for those expecting him to look like Justin Herbert out of the gate, compare the Jets roster to what Herbert had to work with last year.  Wilson's current situation is much more like Josh Allen's when he entered the league, and Allen looked horrible for most of his first 6 games.  

We don't like logic here

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Pichula said:

Yea Corey Davis dropping a 30 yard pass on third down is on Zach Wilson 

Carter Dropping a would be 25 yard third down conversion is on Zach Wilson 

Ty Johnson dropping a 4th and 2 is on Zach Wilson 

Allowing free rushers down the middle of the “protection” is on Zach Wilson

His OC calling 5 wide empty on 4th and 1 is on Zach Wilson 

All valid points. But like most things in life, it’s not black and white. This team is so bad right now there is enough blame to go around, including the rookie QB. 

What I don’t understand are people giving up on a rookie QB from BYU after 3 NFL games. It’s illogical.

Just now, KINGDIRK said:

All valid points. But like most things in life, it’s not black and white. This team is so bad right now there is enough blame to go around, including the rookie QB. 

What I don’t understand are people giving up on a rookie QB from BYU after 3 NFL games. It’s illogical.

Because Zach never played well in college facing an actual defense

And it’s not like he’s this incredible physical specimen like Josh Allen

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1