Zach Wilson Sets franchise record. Most INT's in 3 games to start career.

10 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

It is an absolute travesty that they didnt bring a veteran in to start the season.  Thinking he was ready for this and strapping him with a rookie coaching staff was an absolutely moronic decision and it really should have JD on the hot seat.  There really isnt an excuse.

I was saying this all offseason that you need a veteran to take the lumps while the coaching staff and players learn... people railed me on it. Of course, now many of them are decrying the stupidity of going into the season with such an inexperienced coaching staff and no vet QB.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, fullblast said:

My biggest concern was that he simply wouldn’t be ready to start from day 1, nor would the team be prepared to support him. You can already see the happy feet and double-clutch passes all over his tape. I don’t think I’ve ever felt less optimistic about this team’s prospects.

It could be worse.  We could have drafted Fields

• Thumb Down 1

55 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

It is an absolute travesty that they didnt bring a veteran in to start the season.  Thinking he was ready for this and strapping him with a rookie coaching staff was an absolutely moronic decision and it really should have JD on the hot seat.  There really isnt an excuse.

Agreed. I would love to see how a veteran would take getting his ass kicked behind this great OL. Get a veteran in here!!! More silliness.

54 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

I’m OK with picks like Lawrence is doing but he’s also making great plays throughout each game. Zach on the other hand has major red flags. Obviously it’s early, it’s only three games but to not be concerned is just being a homer. 

agree. although Lawrence is throwing a ton of picks at least he is making some big time throws....Zach isnt....i am trying to talk myself into it being a product of the team around him :( 

22 hours ago, Sanchize said:

I remember Peyton Manning having a rough first season lots of ints.. but he had some talent to work with.. Wilson is throwing to guys that are really bottom of the depth chart elsewhere.

Why the constant Peyton comparisons?  First off, Peyton’s rookie year was Marino’s rookie year compared to Zachopono’s so far.  Second, Peyton was an even bigger prospect coming out of college than Trevor and Andrew Luck combined.  He would have been the first pick overall in 3 separate drafts. 

1 minute ago, Barkus said:

Fields was 6 for 20 with ONE net passing yard and NINE sacks, maybe this year will have the league rethinking starting rookie qbs right away.

After Zach, Fields and Jones all collectively sh t the bed this year I think GMs are going to realize maybe they should take it easy with overhyping every college qb who looks good throwing in shorts and a tshirt or has a nice 40 time

• Upvote 1