Jump to content

Zach Wilson Sets franchise record. Most INT's in 3 games to start career.


Recommended Posts

I’m OK with picks like Lawrence is doing but he’s also making great plays throughout each game. Zach on the other hand has major red flags. Obviously it’s early, it’s only three games but to not be concerned is just being a homer. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

It is an absolute travesty that they didnt bring a veteran in to start the season.  Thinking he was ready for this and strapping him with a rookie coaching staff was an absolutely moronic decision and it really should have JD on the hot seat.  There really isnt an excuse.

I was saying this all offseason that you need a veteran to take the lumps while the coaching staff and players learn... people railed me on it. Of course, now many of them are decrying the stupidity of going into the season with such an inexperienced coaching staff and no vet QB.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My biggest concern was that he simply wouldn’t be ready to start from day 1, nor would the team be prepared to support him. You can already see the happy feet and double-clutch passes all over his tape. I don’t think I’ve ever felt less optimistic about this team’s prospects.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fullblast said:

My biggest concern was that he simply wouldn’t be ready to start from day 1, nor would the team be prepared to support him. You can already see the happy feet and double-clutch passes all over his tape. I don’t think I’ve ever felt less optimistic about this team’s prospects.

It could be worse.  We could have drafted Fields

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

It is an absolute travesty that they didnt bring a veteran in to start the season.  Thinking he was ready for this and strapping him with a rookie coaching staff was an absolutely moronic decision and it really should have JD on the hot seat.  There really isnt an excuse.

Agreed. I would love to see how a veteran would take getting his ass kicked behind this great OL. Get a veteran in here!!! More silliness.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

I’m OK with picks like Lawrence is doing but he’s also making great plays throughout each game. Zach on the other hand has major red flags. Obviously it’s early, it’s only three games but to not be concerned is just being a homer. 

agree. although Lawrence is throwing a ton of picks at least he is making some big time throws....Zach isnt....i am trying to talk myself into it being a product of the team around him :( 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Sanchize said:

I remember Peyton Manning having a rough first season lots of ints.. but he had some talent to work with.. Wilson is throwing to guys that are really bottom of the depth chart elsewhere.

Why the constant Peyton comparisons?  First off, Peyton’s rookie year was Marino’s rookie year compared to Zachopono’s so far.  Second, Peyton was an even bigger prospect coming out of college than Trevor and Andrew Luck combined.  He would have been the first pick overall in 3 separate drafts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

It could be worse.  We could have drafted Fields

Fields was 6 for 20 with ONE net passing yard and NINE sacks, maybe this year will have the league rethinking starting rookie qbs right away.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barkus said:

Fields was 6 for 20 with ONE net passing yard and NINE sacks, maybe this year will have the league rethinking starting rookie qbs right away.

After Zach, Fields and Jones all collectively sh t the bed this year I think GMs are going to realize maybe they should take it easy with overhyping every college qb who looks good throwing in shorts and a tshirt or has a nice 40 time

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KO91 said:

The scary thing is Zach looks way worse than Geno and Darnold did through 3 their first three games. It’s not like those guys had high end talent to work with. 

We keep giving these young QBs NOTHING to work with and expecting different results.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...