Denzel Mims

More Cowbell

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

throwing long balls to the midgets haven't been working out well. Imagine having a guy with size that can high point a ball.

That depends if he wants to high point it. He was the breakout candidate. Instead, we have Berrios starting, so it’s a huge reason why we have sucked. 

25 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

The Mims things is just going to get bigger and bigger the more they lose, and they aren’t Winning anytime soon.

As they don’t score.  It’s not as if they’re losing 27-24.  They’ve benched their most dangerous offensive weapon and have scored all of 2 fgs in the past 2 games.  That’s the problem here.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, David Harris said:

Our starting 3 should’ve been Davis, Mims and Moore in the slot.

Davis has dropped an absurd amount of balls

Mims has been benched, I’m sure some of this HAS been his fault

Moore hasn’t done much but is a rookie 

——

Moores concussion may allow Mims to get active 

i expected Keelan Cole to have contributed much more, nothing.

good points.  imo moore's concussion was the result of that sideline hit when he caught that pass.  it seemed like helmet to helmet.  should've been called.

• Upvote 1

i want to believe saleh when he talks about mims but i also can't help thinking lafleur is maybe expecting too much and trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.  if mims can play get him in there.  he's god speed and size.  maybe he can beat some of those man match ups.  and it's pretty frustrating to see the alleged no. 1 receiver drop so many balls.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

i want to believe saleh when he talks about mims but i also can't help thinking lafleur is maybe expecting too much and trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.  if mims can play get him in there.  he's god speed and size.  maybe he can beat some of those man match ups.  and it's pretty frustrating to see the alleged no. 1 receiver drop so many balls.

The best wr the jets have right now is, ironically, berrios.  

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Atlantajet333 said:

With Moore going through Concussion protocol this week is Mims best opportunity to be active.

True.  But if he does not play, at that point you just have to believe the coaching staff has been using the practice stuff as a front for just not liking him.  Plus maybe crowder returns, but even if he does, i don’t see why mims shouldn’t play over cole who has been useless so far.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Drums said:

Zach only throws to Davis and he drops it. Cant make a contested catch to save his life

after 3 games davis has proven he is not a number 1.  I've can't believe the amount of passes he has dropped that touched is hands.  your 1 job as a received is to catch the ball especially if both hands touch it.  not sure if he had the case of drops at Tennessee and that's why they let him walk.

2 minutes ago, DeerPark said:

after 3 games davis has proven he is not a number 1.  I've can't believe the amount of passes he has dropped that touched is hands.  your 1 job as a received is to catch the ball especially if both hands touch it.  not sure if he had the case of drops at Tennessee and that's why they let him walk.

It’s easier to play wr with AJ brown on the other side.  

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

It’s easier to play wr with AJ brown on the other side.  

right, but aj brown was a 2nd round pick in 2019 and no one knew what he would become.  my point is we have young receivers that are not getting an opportunity but the jags of berriors and cole are starting.  I can guarantee if we cut those jags they are not starting for another team and davis is a number 2 at best.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, DeerPark said:

right, but aj brown was a 2nd round pick in 2019 and no one knew what he would become.  my point is we have young receivers that are not getting an opportunity but the jags of berriors and cole are starting.  I can guarantee if we cut those jags they are not starting for another team and davis is a number 2 at best.

We all want mims to play, and he’d probably make davis better b/c regardless of what the jets coaches say, mims is their most dangerous wr.  The jet coaches are so enamored with practices they’re not focusing on sundays.  Maybe they will now.  Embarrassment is a great motivator.

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Except for not scoring a touchdown in the past 2 games.  And mims averaging 15.5 ypc last season.

Lol

Nice. Take just 1 stat from last year. Remind me... how many TDs has Mims scored in his Jets career?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

Lol

Nice. Take just 1 stat from last year. Remind me... how many TDs has Mims scored in his Jets career?

The love for Mims (pathological adoration?)--a guy who has done next to nothing--is just beyond baffling.   Wait until he gets on the field and continues his march into mediocrity.  The massive thud you will hear is from the minds of Mims' fans having their minds blown into reality.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

The love for Mims (pathological adoration?)--a guy who has done next to nothing--is just beyond baffling.   Wait until he gets on the field and continues his march into mediocrity.  The massive thud you will hear is from the minds of Mims' fans having their minds blown into reality.

So the fact that he was a rookie last year and played decent when he got the opportunity is next to nothing to you?  Do you understand that lots of rookie receivers take year or two to get acclimated, especially when they miss camp because of an injury and no workouts because of co-vid.  Add in the Gase Factor and I think he did as well as could be expected considering they he only got a handful of targets a game.   I remember game she would have 4 or 5 receptions in the first half and have over 50 yards.... and not get another pass thrown his way the rest of the game.  I guess that is his fault too.    Now in his second season any coach with half a brain would do everything possible to get this guy on the field especially since you have a rookie quarterback and you would think the coach would want him to develop some chemistry.    

Instead the guy has been on a handful of plays the first game and inactive the next two and you are okay with that???    This has less to do with Mims and more to do with the ineptitude of this rookie coaching staff.  There is no team in this league that would have a healthy Mims inactive especially if their offense is struggling to just move the ball much less score any points.   The "hate" for Mims is beyond stupid; if you are Jet fan how can you not root for they guy to succeed?  Do you like wasting 2nd round picks or something?   All we want is for the guy to get a chance to play, period.   If you really think Berrios, Smith and Cole should be active ahead of him, then there is no point even having a discussion.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Wait until he gets on the field and continues his march into mediocrity.

I would happily settle for mediocrity right now.  From Mims or anyone else on offense-- Cole, Davis, Moore, OL, TEs, running game, QB play, coaching, etc.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Gee, didn't  this happen to another QB on this team?

Exactly.  If Zach doesn't figure it out this year, then bring in a Bridgewater type vet.  Let him compete with Zach next year and use draft capital and cap space to build around the QB position.  Although I am not sure what good the cap space does when the team is so bad that nobody will want to play here unless we massively overpay.

Mediocre would be a huge improvement.   Next to nothing would be an improvement.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Exactly.  If Zach doesn't figure it out this year, then bring in a Bridgewater type vet.  Let him compete with Zach next year and use draft capital and cap space to build around the QB position.  Although I am not sure what good the cap space does when the team is so bad that nobody will want to play here unless we massively overpay.

It’s a vicious cycle, there is a lot of cap space because there aren’t a lot of good players on this roster, because of that the team stinks, because the team stinks it’s hard to spend that money on free agents because they don’t want to come here.  Wash, rinse, repeat.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

It's a very low bar.  I suspect Mims will suck and still be a huge improvement.

The davis drops were the killers.  The one at the 10 when wilson escaped pressure and hit him in the hands, that was a great throw.  Then there was the one to carter that got tipped a bit but still hit him in the hands.  Guys on other teams make these plays.  Those 2 plays could have led to 2 scores.  That’s the difference.  Both of those plays put the jets in the red zone.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, rangerous said:

What makes anyone think Saleh and Lafleur know what they are doing or talking about.