Worse Than The Kotite Era...

THE BARON

after 3 games huh? smh. you guys just love to be Misérable. 

there are 14 games left. things can get better. 

did anyone really think we beat Carolina with all those rookies playing there 1st game? Wilson will be better than Darnold, just not this year.

and we all know better than to bet against Bill with a rookie QB.

and in Denver we always play bad.

but i think better times are ahead.

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Jet hustle said:

Its funny, cuz I feel the Kotite era is spoken about from people who havent lived it.   THIS is WORSE than kotite era....  its NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!

those years Boomer as QB was trying.  Chrebet, etc.   Parcells took that team to 9 wins in one year.   This team is devoid of talent, plan, heart etc. 

They play the way Woody and Chris live their lives.  FAKES.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, doitny said:

after 3 games huh? smh. you guys just love to be Misérable. 

there are 14 games left. things can get better. 

did anyone really think we beat Carolina with all those rookies playing there 1st game? Wilson will be better than Darnold, just not this year.

and we all know better than to bet against Bill with a rookie QB.

and in Denver we always play bad.

but i think better times are ahead.

I do admire the portion of the fan base who actually thinks this may be an ok football team but it must be rough going…

Did you guys think we beat Carolina?

Did you guys think we beat the pats?

did you guys think we beat Denver? 
lol. They are ok teams, not elite. 

Wait till we lose to Atlanta. The excuse will be traveling to London 

It’s not just that we are losing. We are getting owned each game. The offense is a complete and utter disaster 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I do admire the portion of the fan base who actually thinks this may be an ok football team but it must be rough going…

Did you guys think we beat Carolina?

Did you guys think we beat the pats?

did you guys think we beat Denver? 
lol. They are ok teams, not elite. 

Wait till we lose to Atlanta. The excuse will be traveling to London 

It’s not just that we are losing. We are getting owned each game. The offense is a complete and utter disaster 

what else is left to do. hate them. hate JD? then i got to root against them so i can get rid of JD.

and we did get owned yesterday, no doubt about that. but did Carolina owned us? rough first half but the 2nd half gave us some hope. 

did NE own us? Zach doesnt throw 4 INTs and its a close game. rest of the team played well.

14 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

Kotite won 3 games in 2 years - I think even this team should be better than that, but who knows.

This team "is" better than the Kotite years.  When the Jets went 1-15 with Katie, I watched every play of every single game, and I will tell you, there were times that you could see players who quit on the field.  I mean, they did an "olay" like in a bull fight when the guy takes the red towel and takes it away as the bull is charging.  Players gave up on the field which was pathetic.

These players are not quitting on the field.  Not yet, anyway.  

No team will ever be worse then that 1-15 year.   Fans were screaming, "Joe must go", and that was the majority of the fans in the stands, not like 2 or 3 thousand.  It was like 30 thousand fans yelling that.  30 thousand because the stands weren't filled due to the Jets being so bad.  Fans of other teams filled a lot of the stands, equalling the fans of the Jets in the stands.

3 hours ago, doitny said:

what else is left to do. hate them. hate JD? then i got to root against them so i can get rid of JD.

and we did get owned yesterday, no doubt about that. but did Carolina owned us? rough first half but the 2nd half gave us some hope. 

did NE own us? Zach doesnt throw 4 INTs and its a close game. rest of the team played well.

hate has nothing to do with it.  this is about product quality.  the fans should hire a law firm and sue the jets for product liability.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Ken Schroy said:

You haven't been around as long as some of us. I remember the year Lou Holtz was here. Look it up. He quit before the season was over.

Wasn’t Riggins still around and also some other talent?  At least there was something to watch during Holtz’ short time.

This putrid garbage I watched again yesterday had me saying out loud that the 2021 Jets are not an NFL team, and this is occurring year after year now.  It’s rare that you see a team get totally MAN HANDLED ie. bitch slapped, like you see these Jets do on a very consistent basis.  

Also, maybe it’s just me, but I felt like I was watching players just going through the motions and not even looking like they cared at times yesterday.

So the team isn’t just bad, it’s horrific, and now you can throw in not even likable.

17 hours ago, bostonmajet said:

Kotite won 3 games in 2 years - I think even this team should be better than that, but who knows.

We are lucky we didn’t have 3 straight shutouts. This is worse than last years team when we lost what 12 games in a row?  We won 2 garbage games last year. We might not win 2 this year, which puts us on the Kotite trajectory! 

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Wasn’t Riggins still around and also some other talent?  At least there was something to watch during Holtz’ short time.

This putrid garbage I watched again yesterday had me saying out loud that the 2021 Jets are not an NFL team, and this is occurring year after year now.  It’s rare that you see a team get totally MAN HANDLED ie. bitch slapped, like you see these Jets do on a very consistent basis.  

Also, maybe it’s just me, but I felt like I was watching players just going through the motions and not even looking like they cared at times yesterday.

So the team isn’t just bad, it’s horrific, and now you can throw in not even likable.

and the uniforms look pathetic as well.  the jets are a total loss. 

18 hours ago, undertow said:

In order for a plan like this to work you need to hit on all your draft picks and not with just starters with stars...I like Moore and Carter but they don't look like elite level starters to me they look like they may be solid starters one day.  Why can't we ever just draft a Chase or Kamara?

Maybe we did pick some top talent but the Johnsons hand picked coaching staff chewed them up and spit them out. We will never know. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, undertow said:

In order for a plan like this to work you need to hit on all your draft picks and not with just starters with stars...I like Moore and Carter but they don't look like elite level starters to me they look like they may be solid starters one day.  Why can't we ever just draft a Chase or Kamara?

good grief, they just drafted becton, avt and wilson.  on top of that they drafted moore.  all of those guys are going to be very good.  it's going to take time to meld them into a team.

Agree with this post. I watched that 1-15 year and loved every moment of it. That team was competitive and lost a lot of close games. Great players throughout the roster with heart. This team lacks everything. And what's worse is the GM, HC, and QB have the appearance of being awesome, but it's a trick!

George Costanza Food GIF

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, elvispookie said:

Umm... Joe must go?  you confusing 2 different coaches?  Walton and Kotite?

Sorry, thank you for correcting me.  Yes, Rich Kotite was the worst coach of all time for the Jets.

3-13 the first year, and 1-15 in year #2.  They went from awful to very awful.  Many players quit on the field.

23 hours ago, Alka said:

This team "is" better than the Kotite years.  When the Jets went 1-15 with Katie, I watched every play of every single game, and I will tell you, there were times that you could see players who quit on the field.  I mean, they did an "olay" like in a bull fight when the guy takes the red towel and takes it away as the bull is charging.  Players gave up on the field which was pathetic.

These players are not quitting on the field.  Not yet, anyway.  

No team will ever be worse then that 1-15 year.   Fans were screaming, "Joe must go", and that was the majority of the fans in the stands, not like 2 or 3 thousand.  It was like 30 thousand fans yelling that.  30 thousand because the stands weren't filled due to the Jets being so bad.  Fans of other teams filled a lot of the stands, equalling the fans of the Jets in the stands.

^^ This^^

I remember this era well. Especially 1996. That team had enough talent in every area of the roster to be pretty good. I remember the high hopes going into week 1 of '96. We went in to Mile High and lost to the Broncos 31-6. I remember the Jets defense was so gassed by the 2nd quarter that they were all on one knee trying to catch their breath. The  broadcasters on NBC commenting how the defense seemed unprepared for the conditions. This , at a time where you had no real restrictions from the players association and could practice as hard and as long as necessary.

Todays' team is a clean,new slate. Little talent plenty of holes in the roster , a rookie QB that didn't play in the Super Bowl the year before. Everything is brand new and untried. Now a days a coach can't even call a player and talk about football without the players association getting involved ,so it's harder to improve a young roster, never mind installing new systems on both sides of the ball. As much as I hate seeing the losses pile up, I'm going to give it more time before I make any judgement on anyone.

If you asked me Sunday if this was worse than Kotite, in the heat of the moment , I would have said yes. However, after giving it some thought, it's really an apples to oranges question.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Alka said:

Sorry, thank you for correcting me.  Yes, Rich Kotite was the worst coach of all time for the Jets.

3-13 the first year, and 1-15 in year #2.  They went from awful to very awful.  Many players quit on the field.

It’s arguable Bowles and Gase were just as bad or worse. Kotite made the playoffs in philly

This team is bad, and may not win more than the 1 or 3 games that the Kotite Jets won.  But there is a big difference between this team and the Kotite teams.  Those were veteran teams with vet QBs.  Ony two or three rooke starters: Chrebet and Brady in 95 with Hugh Douglas getting a lot of laying time.  Only rookie starters in 96 were Keyhawn, Bobby Hamiltona nd Ray Mickens.  Kotite had experiennced QBs:  Frank Reich, Neil O'Donnell, Esiason.

At least this team is young.  Rookie QB, new HC & OC, 8 rookies seeing significant playing time including Zach.  Does not mean they are going to get better, but I am at least willing to give it until the end of the season to pass judgement on the team.