I’m disappointed in Saleh

HawkeyeJet

Rookie HC

Rookie OC

Rookie QB

As much as I liked the Saleh hiring after I saw how young his staff was on top of how young the team was I didn’t get excited I got scared. This is a very very bad football team. 

It reminds me of bros playing football. A lot of bluster, no discipline and no results so far. 

8 hours ago, nyjets1969 said:

I think the biggest mistake was not bringing in Mullins to run the offense and let Wilson sit I'm sorry to say he isnt ready to start.  I never saw him as a year 1 starter he is in my opinion  project QB that needs a year or 2 on the bench to sit and learn fans including with this coaching staff hype this guy as Mahomes 2.0 

You mean he's not ready to have five or six drops a game and 1.7 seconds to throw? Holy sh*t what a neofckinphyte

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

The defense has played fairly well for a team that cant sustain an offense. Any D is ALWAYS going to break down in the 2nd half when they are constantly turning the ball over and going 3 and out.  They get exhausted, disgusted and discouraged. So I'm hesitiant  blaming Saleh for that aspect BUT he is the HC, so guess what? HE takes the blame for the OVERALL performance of the team.  If they cant score points or create a sustainable offense, its his fault regardless.  That was as bad an effort as Gase's worse game when Falk was the QB.  At this point, some drastic changes need to be made. Sit Wilson and let him learn from teh sidelines and beef up teh OL next year.  He's just not ready to deal with this pressure. Look at Lawerence who's going through the same exact thing. Sign a vet to start. Get Mims on the damn field.  And thats just for starters.

They allowed an 8 minute TD drive on the second drive of the game. The offense played 3 snaps in the first 12 minutes of the game. The defense sucks

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

First off I’ll say that I was a huge proponent of hiring him, well before it was assumed he was the front runner for the job.

I also still believe he can be a great coach.  Not throwing in the towel on him by any means.

That said, I  pretty disappointed so far.  And it really boils down to not being what you said you were going to be.  If you are going to implement a slogan, you better live it.  Results aside, the Jets play scared, cautious and conservative. Nothing like I expected.  I can live with mistakes when they are made out of an abundance of effort and aggression.  We have zero aggression.  That needs to change pronto.

Then throwing in things like “We’ve had great practices ” etc etc.  No one wants to hear that.  Own it.  Say you weren’t good enough.  Move on.

Kliff Kingsbury was 0-3-1 looking real bad with Murray just saying... 

• Thumb Down 1

11 hours ago, nyjets1969 said:

I think the biggest mistake was not bringing in Mullins to run the offense and let Wilson sit I'm sorry to say he isnt ready to start.  I never saw him as a year 1 starter he is in my opinion  project QB that needs a year or 2 on the bench to sit and learn fans including with this coaching staff hype this guy as Mahomes 2.0 

And Mahomes sat for a year 

the difference between Andy Reid and Clown Salad

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

2 hours ago, Pichula said:

They allowed an 8 minute TD drive on the second drive of the game. The offense played 3 snaps in the first 12 minutes of the game. The defense sucks

Yea so. sh*t happens.  The D has at least performed fairly well. The offense however has been pathetic.  One side affects the other. Whats the longest drive they've put together? Most of the time its 3 and out, turnover or punting after a few 1st downs.  And its a collectively bad effort by the ENTIRE offense.  The OL sucks, Zach has made mistake after mistake, WR's are dropping balls, they cant get open, the RB's are useless, the play calling is atrocious.  Its not even close.  The D has kept them in all 3 games through the first half.  Was hoping the'yd be more effective but, all things considered, they have played fair. Give em a grade C. The offense: pathetic, incapable, disorganized, clueless. It's got to be the lousiest offense I've ever seen.  Grade Z-  But you are negatively focusing on the one strength we have.  Yea its not a stellar group but they hold their own.  They're a new bunch and its going to take time to gel and most are kids who are still learning to shave.  But there are definately some positives heading in the right direction. Now if the offense can catch up, perhaps we can at least play a competitve game of football rather than being the embarrasment of the league.

9 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

I wasn't. Jets under 6.5 wins this year was a gift. Look at NFL Red Zone some time. These other teams look like they play the sport at a whole other level. than the Jets.

Bottom 3 roster with rookie HC and QB. What else did you expect?

I just said what I expected. A 4 to 5 win season is not expecting much, especially coming off a 2 win season and with no Gase. What I didn't expect is for them to look like a college team that couldn't beat Alabama or Georgia. 

10 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Once again, ya'll are short sighted. They saw competing with the Bills was going to be rough. Last year, JD started his plan and the Bills had cap trouble this offseason with the shrinking cap. Now, when the Bills win 101-2 with Allen throwing for a league record 9TDs all of them to Stefon Diggs and they have 24 sacks in a single game, their players will be too expensive to keep and that's when, like a coiled up Cobra hiding, they strike!

What if told you, the Jets will be 5-0 next year?!

It’s so weird watching you go from forum to forum pretending to be a fan of each team, just to talk about the Bills. Goodness gracious.

Connor Hughes

@Connor_J_Hughes

Despite the alarming amount of pressure the #Broncos generated on Zach Wilson, the #Jets ran just three screen plays. You’d think they’d go to that more to mitigate the rush. Saleh mentioned that as a reason to not be worried about the OL during training camp.

11:41 AM · Sep 27, 2021

16 hours ago, DLJ said:

This looks a lot like the 2017 SF team when saleh first got hired. Now they’re good.

They’re learning a new system. The jets have drafted poorly and have no support for Wilson. Offensive line is garbage and the play calling even more so

This is a lost year and should be better next year

No...they went 6-10 that year and hung around most games (we beat them in OT)

This Jets team is worse by miles....