Robert Saleh ‘pumped’ for Denzel Mims in Week 3, but Jamison Crowder could stand in way

JetBlue

This sh*t is getting worse for Saleh every week.  After today's horror show he is losing what ever credibility he once had.   The team can't move the ball consistently or score yet he refuses to activate Mims, although he is "pumped" what ever the **** the means.   I can only wonder what is going through Mims mind right now and that of his teammates...   

https://sportsmetro.net/2021/09/24/jets-robert-saleh-pumped-for-denzel-mims-in-week-3-but-jamison-crowder-could-stand-in-way/

In an already-crowded wide receiver room that saw Keelan Cole‘s return in Week 2, Denzel Mims was inactive.

Robert Saleh called him a “game-time decision” for this week in Denver, but spoke highly of the 2020 second-round pick.

“I’m pumped for Denzel and the week he’s had,” he told reporters on Friday. “Obviously, he’s growing just like the rest of the team is. So we’ll see on Sunday.”

In his lone target in Week 1, Mims made a 40-yard reception. Last year, he caught 23 passes for 357 yards in nine games — he’s still looking for his first touchdown as a pro.

The Jets drafted Elijah Moore in the second round in the 2021 NFL Draft, and he was just targeted eight times against New England. Already seemingly limited, Mims’ role could take another dip if Jamison Crowder plays.

Crowder is also a game-time decision with a nagging groin injury that caused him to miss last week’s game, but Saleh is confident Crowder would fit into the offense quite easily.

“From a schematic standpoint, he knows the scheme like the back of his hand,” Saleh said on Friday. “He executed it in Washington, he’s been here long enough, he’s a veteran, so he’ll be fine. When he’s ready to roll, he’ll be able to jump right in,” Saleh said on Friday.

Crowder has led the Jets in catches and receiving yards in each of the last two seasons.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

JD is going to trade him to protect his head coach...

Just what do you think he can get for Mims?  A 5th round pick maybe? More like a 6th.  If he makes that trade I just write off this regime as complete idiots (which I am getting close to doing anyway).  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Just what do you think he can get for Mims?  A 5th round pick maybe? More like a 6th.  If he makes that trade I just write off this regime as complete idiots (which I am getting close to doing anyway).  

Not much.  I actually think he'd be trying to do a player swap.  Maybe take on a bad contract?  If Mims is truly done here, I just don't think he will expose Saleh to the NY media asking about it every week.  It's only going to get worse with the losing and bad offense...

If Mims is even worse than the sorry group of Jets-receivers we saw today in Denver, he must be truly bad. It was a disgusting display of dropped passes. Saleh will have to take responsibility for this mess. The play calling was atrocious and La Fleur seems to be in over his head. C. Davis is dropping passes left and right and is clearly not a number one receiver. Overall a shockingly bad performance over all.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Not much.  I actually think he'd be trying to do a player swap.  Maybe take on a bad contract?  If Mims is truly done here, I just don't think he will expose Saleh to the NY media asking about it every week.  It's only going to get worse with the losing and bad offense...

If he can get a guard for Mims than so be it.  But allowing JD to use it on another draft pick would be comical. 

Everything about the JD would tell me that he would try and deal Crowder and save the money.

Perhaps something similar is going on with Mims.

I do suspect they are not suiting up to prevent them from getting injured, which would prevent them from being traded.  At least one, if not both of them, get traded.