They’re all rookies

Shelbyblue

The only thing that bothers me about this is guys like burrow and Herbert looked way better than this and this is recent history. 

I agree that these kids deserve patience. The O line is important but Zach needs these guys to catch these balls it’s a little ridiculous. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Eh.

Jet have done NOTHING, at any level - WR, Coaching, RB and OL to help this kid but he's been bad.

Biggest problem with him is he already seems affaid.  After week 1 I was thoroughly convinced we had a keeper.  The way he stood in the pocket, moved up in the pocket and made plays.  It was glorious.

but the past two weeks he played scared, falling back and bailing.  Says to me he's already shell shocked.  If after one week you're shell shocked - you're doomed.

ZW isn't the guy.  I LOVED him.  Probably more than anyone here.  

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Eh.

Jet have done NOTHING, at any level - WR, Coaching, RB and OL to help this kid but he's been bad.

Biggest problem with him is he already seems affaid.  After week 1 I was thoroughly convinced we had a keeper.  The way he stood in the pocket, moved up in the pocket and made plays.  It was glorious.

but the past two weeks he played scared, falling back and bailing.  Says to me he's already shell shocked.  If after one week you're shell shocked - you're doomed.

Yes, because so many other rookies would have handled getting killed soooo much better. LMAO

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Eh.

He was taking shots in New England game

they neutered him this game. Horrible coaching 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Yes, because so many other rookies would have handled getting killed soooo much better. LMAO

Well, the ones that would go on to become legitimate NFL franchise QB's would have.

Look, that's really hard to do...there are only like 15 of them - ranging over 20 years of players.  It's not easy to be one of those.  

But those guys would not be shell shocked after week 1.  They might still stink for a while but would still be standing in the pocket.

ZW doesn't have the natural courage to do it.  It's not even something he can control. Not blaming the kid, it's just human nature.  He's not the guy.  

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Well, the ones that would go on to become legitimate NFL franchise QB's would have.

Look, that's really hard to do...there are only like 15 of them - ranging over 20 years of players.  It's not easy to be one of those.  

But those guys would not be shell shocked after week 1.  They might still stink for a while but would still be standing in the pocket.

ZW doesn't have the natural courage to do it.  It's not even something he can control. Not blaming the kid, it's just human nature.  He's not the guy.  

Nice to know you are such a QB guru to know all this after 3 games. You should call the NFL. They may have a spot for you.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Mrw I change my mind about something - GIF on Imgur

I've watched a bit of Jacksonville - They've been much better than us. Lawrence has been erratic but they do occasionally move the ball.

Fields isn't close to ready and I said that all along. Project QB. Always has been.

Wilson has been a mixed bag. His week one display was as good as any from a rookie QB, week two was the worst and last night was a bad performance that his teammates made worse. 

It's strange to see the rookies struggling so much when in recent years they've been pretty quick to adapt. None of Burrow, Herbert or even Tua struggled quite like this. 

I've watched a bit of Jacksonville - They've been much better than us. Lawrence has been erratic but they do occasionally move the ball.
Fields isn't close to ready and I said that all along. Project QB. Always has been.
Wilson has been a mixed bag. His week one display was as good as any from a rookie QB, week two was the worst and last night was a bad performance that his teammates made worse. 
It's strange to see the rookies struggling so much when in recent years they've been pretty quick to adapt. None of Burrow, Herbert or even Tua struggled quite like this. 

That is because Burrow, Herbert, and even Tua are all worlds better prospects than this draft class with the exception of Lawrence.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

10 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Jet fans always seem to take solace in the failures and struggles of other teams.   None of that should excuse the absolute s**t show we are seeing this year from this team however.  Zach was the only rookie QB anointed the starter from day one in OTAs.   He was the only rookie QB to receive all of the #1 reps for his team during the entirety of training camp.   It shouldn’t look this bad right now.   

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, maury77 said:

WOW! HOLY SH!T! YOU BAILED ON HIM????

Yeah, put a fork in him.

He has all the talent in the world.  The big question I had was would he be able to stand in the pocket, take a hit, get back up and do it again.  

There's just no way to tell if the mental make up is there.  I'm not saying he's not tough, it's an innate thing.  I really don't mean to disparage the kid - just what I've seen.

Go watch week 1.  His footwork was mostly very good.  1,2,3 step (or 5) drop - look, fire - he worked up in the pocket as pressure came around him.  He was precise, on target and had a very good game (I couldn't have been more excited for him after week 1)

Past two weeks, his footwork is a disaster, he's bailing from the pocket quickly, throwing off his Blackfoot and not stepping into the pocket or his throws.  He's been insanely inaccurate due to this fact.

Bottom line - if one week of getting hit did this to him already there's simply no way he can turn into a franchise QB.  I'm sorry, but he's not the guy.

This team has done NOTHING to help him and I'm not even saying he's the major reason for this team losing.  He's not.  but that's not really the point I'm trying to make.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Eh.

Wow.........shocked to hear that from you. I dont know if he is shell-shocked just yet but he is playing scared out there. too many hits too soon. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Wit said:

The only thing that bothers me about this is guys like burrow and Herbert looked way better than this and this is recent history. 

I agree that these kids deserve patience. The O line is important but Zach needs these guys to catch these balls it’s a little ridiculous. 

Bengals and chargers have far more talent than the jets

I hate to beat a dead horse but this is the exact scenario that we were worried about with not having a viable backup QB.  I'm yelling to bench Zach, but with the game out of hand and the o-line getting killed yesterday's game would've been the perfect opportunity for him to reset, sit and watch for a while.  It's really criminal JD went into this season without a viable backup

8 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

I hate to beat a dead horse but this is the exact scenario that we were worried about with not having a viable backup QB.  I'm yelling to bench Zach, but with the game out of hand and the o-line getting killed yesterday's game would've been the perfect opportunity for him to reset, sit and watch for a while.  It's really criminal JD went into this season without a viable backup

Sad thing is the line has been getting killed since training camp....practice against the starters in green bay and philly showed us the line was horrible and we were setting the kid up. They look during the season just like they did during those joint practices in training camp. OVERMATCHED.

We ALL saw this coming.

4 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Jet fans always seem to take solace in the failures and struggles of other teams.   None of that should excuse the absolute s**t show we are seeing this year from this team however.  Zach was the only rookie QB anointed the starter from day one in OTAs.   He was the only rookie QB to receive all of the #1 reps for his team during the entirety of training camp.   It shouldn’t look this bad right now.   

I don’t disagree with you, but we do need to look at other teams for comparison purposes. The stats below are very telling and should not be ignored.