Sums it up; and complacency settles back in

Paradis

Eh. Well I didn’t really expect much from this season … this is basically year 1 for everyone. Everyone is learning, and it’s unfortunate but it is what it is. 

I think / hope after the BYE we start to see things look up. 

sucks to be a JETS fan but for whatever reason I am

not sweating this year and especially the first half of this season.  

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

14 hours ago, Stark said:

Eh. Well I didn’t really expect much from this season … this is basically year 1 for everyone. Everyone is learning, and it’s unfortunate but it is what it is. 

I dunno dude. I’m in a safe place right now, and know that back to back shut outs more or less - is not something to chalk up to year 1 learning. 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I dunno dude. I’m in a safe place right now, and know that back to back sh*t outs more or less - is not something to chalk up to year 1 learning. 

oh, I am not happy. and I agree  that we look like sh!t but for whatever reason when we hired Saleh and went full on kids rebuild I just mentally said this year is a wash. As a fan I care and it sucks to get blasted like we are but my expectations were low.

you're right can't say its all learning and we surely have some players that need to figure out how to catch a football when it hits them in the hands. Need to get Mims off the damn bench and see if he can do anything to make the contested catches he was able to make last year.... there's a lot we could list off of course ... play calling our OC trying to find his style/game flow etc...

45 minutes ago, Stark said:

There is a mountain of difference between no wins but looking ahead with enthusiasm and looking like a tire fire and most of the players we are calling prospects look like garbage.  If you lose and you can pick out a half dozen guys and say, hey he's really good, made a few errors but things are looking up, fine.

I see none of that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

I dunno dude. I’m in a safe place right now, and know that back to back sh*t outs more or less - is not something to chalk up to year 1 learning. 

There is a difference between accepting competitive losses while your young QB starts to show some progress vs accepting uncompetitive and humiliating losses to 3 marginal teams. Imagine playing Aaron Rodgers or Mahomes or Brady or the Rams right now. We would be 20+pt underdogs. That's not any form of progress. 

JD's two early round WR draft picks have a combined 44 yards of receiving through 3 weeks. This is not progress. This is just the Adam Gase era with a built in "it's still early" excuse. 

Again, just show us something. Give us a heartbreaking 28-27 loss. I would literally kill for that before we are mathematically eliminated. Instead we  will start to get that in week 16 against teams not trying to win and when we are better off losing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2