But I thought you told me that …..

DetroitRed

6 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

……wins didn’t not matter this year?

First thing I said when I heard that garbage was , yeah ? ok, let’s see what happens when we are 0-4. People will be jumping off bridges.  It didn’t even take that long.   I’m not fazed and not panicking. The year the niners  turned it around they started off 0-9.    And that’s about the time this year that  I am looking for the jump in this team.  And if you thought were going to make a statement yesterday, that wasn’t the game it was going to happen. Probably the hardest place to win in the entire league.  So I got news for you, the coach and the GM are not on any hot seats.  So your screaming at the wall

And now we will have people backtracking and claim they never said that .  Nice ? 

you got down voted for this really? Man the 49ers example is great they were terrible and as is most teams when rebuililding and putting things in place. The problem for us is that team that are not rebuillding and just suck also are terrible and you can be lied to by the team saying it is a rebuild and the results are the same the team is terrible. 

That is where we have been for multiple years since Rex and tanny. We have been terrible, lied to by the team, saying we were rebuilding but in fact we were not we were just terrible. Throw in a few Highly drafted QB's and who is to knwo the defference?

Well anyway you are correct. It is going to suck before it gets good,. I think we are ok. IT is shocking how bad the offense is but that is a complicated thing, but ultimately we will get better and improve. 

The sky is not falling but our guys do need to play better. IT will come with coaching...the team is as green as it gets. 

I do think the GVR needs to be dealt with, if Im a leader on the the team, hell if I am zach wilson i go right at him.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i mean you also thought that Darnold was the worst QB in the NFL....so you can shake your head all you want, but they play calling up in Jax is horrible. 

I mean you also think he’s arrived after 3 games of playing terrible teams and his generational RB accounting for 85% of the teams entire offense. 

So yea I guess you would be the one to recognize good play calling, silly me ?

25 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I mean you also think he’s arrived after 3 games of playing terrible teams and his generational RB accounting for 85% of the teams entire offense. 

I don’t think anything. Just sitting back and letting you and the rest of the haters eat crow one week at a time. I’ll be there for your “should have kept Darnold post”.

23 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

I don’t think anything. Just sitting back and letting you and the rest of the haters eat crow one week at a time. I’ll be there for your “should have kept Darnold post”.

The delusion is deep.

Darnold has a lot of games to win with his arm, fourth quarter comeback, playoff appearances etc for me to ever “eat crow”

This was the third overall pick expected to be the first, that came into the league with game changing QB expectations. Darnold was supposed to be a QB that can carry teams not the other way around 

so you and anyone else praising the 3rd overall pick for reaching JAG levels is comical on so many levels.

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

The delusion is deep.

Darnold has a lot of games to win with his arm, fourth quarter comeback, playoff appearances etc for me to ever “eat crow”

This was the third overall pick expected to be the first, that came into the league with game changing QB expectations. Darnold was supposed to be a QB that can carry teams not the other way around 

so you and anyone else praising the 3rd overall pick for reaching JAG levels is comical on so many levels.

like i said, its a long season...plenty of time for you to go through all the stages of denial.

On 9/27/2021 at 7:37 AM, BP said:

This is what’s bothering me. They look inept and incompetent. Empty backfield on 3 short yardage plays was sooooo stupid. The little boy offensive coordinator is gonna get Zach killed during his internship 

What about the little boy quarterback who holds the ball for 10 minutes every play? This isn't BYU against community college teams where he can eat a sandwich while waiting for receivers to get open. Get rid of the ball already and he won't get hit every other play.

23 hours ago, Icer said:

Its the hope that kills you. The hope that this group of GM, HC, OC, QB will be the right ones. The early signs are as bad as can be, and I think we were all buying that hope that yeah the team would lose but we would have some fight. We wouldn't be miserable even before kick off, and that's not the case.

This. Every year I'm hopeful in August, and every year by the end of September I'm saying "maybe next year"...problem is I don't have that many "next years" left.

2 minutes ago, viffer said:

This. Every year I'm hopeful in August, and every year by the end of September I'm saying "maybe next year"...problem is I don't have that many "next years" left.

You and me both. I believe in Zach's talent but goddam .. this team is hollow.

20 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Yeah, it's amazing that McCaffrey accounted for all those points while he was out injured. They scored more points after he was injured then when he was playing.

On 9/27/2021 at 7:19 AM, k-met57 said:

its the eye test issue. if the jets were playing OK and losing...no one here would care. Right now they are not playing even average in any phase of offensive football. OL, QB, RB, WR, TE....literally F's across the board all 3 weeks except for the second half of week 1 (when Carolina wasnt blitzing as much).

Carolina wasn't blitzing much in the first half either. They were killing the Jets with four man rushes and stunts.  The OL is a disaster.

19 hours ago, k-met57 said:

If Carolina is so smart how do you account for the fact that Teddy Bridgewater is actually having a much better year than Sam Darnold after 3 games.  The guy has a QBR over 116 with 4 TD and O INT's.  

After 3 games Darnold is 18th in completion percentage, 9th in yards, 22nd in TD's, and 17th in QBR.  On a team with the No. 1 D in the league who's 3 and outing teams, turning teams over and held teams to 30 points in 3 games the Panthers, loaded with Offensive talent is 16th in points.  

We saw this with RA last year.  He got off to a great start and moved to the back of the pack of NFL WR toward the end of the year with multiple crappy games down the stretch.  The NFL is a game of adjustments.  Sam is just starting to be tested.  

32 minutes ago, viffer said:

What about the little boy quarterback who holds the ball for 10 minutes every play? This isn't BYU against community college teams where he can eat a sandwich while waiting for receivers to get open. Get rid of the ball already and he won't get hit every other play.

What did you think of the empty backfield on short yardage? 3 times!?!? The little boy OC is calling the shots. When you’re predictable, nobody is gonna be open.

here’s a novel concept. Why doesn’t little boy OC put little boy QB in a position to be successful? 7 step drops on obvious passing situations was a Hackett/Herm trademark and will get little boy qb killed.

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

If Carolina is so smart how do you account for the fact that Teddy Bridgewater is actually having a much better year than Sam Darnold after 3 games.  The guy has a QBR over 116 with 4 TD and O INT's.  

After 3 games Darnold is 18th in completion percentage, 9th in yards, 22nd in TD's, and 17th in QBR.  On a team with the No. 1 D in the league who's 3 and outing teams, turning teams over and held teams to 30 points in 3 games the Panthers, loaded with Offensive talent is 16th in points.  

We saw this with RA last year.  He got off to a great start and moved to the back of the pack of NFL WR toward the end of the year with multiple crappy games down the stretch.  The NFL is a game of adjustments.  Sam is just starting to be tested.  

As far as Sam goes, the only stat above where he is not in the teens or higher is TD's and thats misleading because he actually has 3 rushing...is tied for 10th in football with like Herbert, Carr, and others. Look, i really like Wilson, i think we has higher upside than Darnold, he is cheaper, i pray every night that this trash franchise doesnt ruin him they way they did Darnold. My point to dopemeal and other haters has always been the same....Sam could have been good here if we did more for him....to say he is the worst QB in football and blah blah blah just shows the low level of football knowledge that people have. I hope for Darnold that he is successful, he is was a 20 year old kid that we handed to Adam Gase and a GM who didnt believe in OL's...everyone should hope he kills it if you have any sort of a heart.

Bridgewater, i don't know...but i will say, he has been around longer, so higher chance that he eventually gets back to his own baseline. There is a much greater chance that we havent actually seen the high end Darnold before this year...with Teddy we prob have.