Jump to content

High Profile O-Line Coach Says Van Roten is “Liability”


JetNation
 Share

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, JetNation said:

Van-Roten.jpg

This could make for some awkward conversations in the Jets locker room in the coming weeks.

Duke Manyweather, the offensive line guru who works with countless NFL linemen during the offseason, including Jets left tackle Mekhi Becton has offered a less-than-flattering assessment of jets right guard Greg Van Roten.

I try to stay OL positive, but man…

The Jets have to upgrade RG!

62 is a liability

— Duke Manyweather (@BigDuke50) September 26, 2021

 

Following the Jets atrocious showing in their 26-0 loss to the Denver Broncos, Manyweather took to twitter to say that despite his best efforts to stay positive, the Jets “have to upgrade at RG!” and that “62 is a liability” with 62 of course being Van Roten.

Last season didn’t get off to a much better start for Van Roten but he managed to hang on to his job as he turned things around after the first quarter of the season.  This year, with Dan Feeney on board and Isaiah Williams recently earning a spot on the game day roster, could an effort to replace Van Roten be far off?

The post High Profile O-Line Coach Says Van Roten is “Liability” appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Jetnationcom/~4/mOIUB6Avjq8

Click here to read the full story...

No wonder he’s lashing out at Zach 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Mcgovern is not far behind Van Roten

Mcgovern is the guy I don't understand.  He was a good C with Denver.  We sign him and he looks to be below average.  He is young, should be in his prime.  Is it our scheme?  Coaching?  Player regressing?  Or a combination of all three.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ken Schroy said:

I think the GM should immediately scour the PS's of all other teams, especially the ones that have good OL and grab a decent prospect. I'm done with this crap.

Guy we should be looking to poach is Nick Mullens off of Cleveland's practice squad.  He was with Lafleur in SF, should know the offense and is an experienced alternative if we feel the need to sit Zach for a few weeks for his own good.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

Mcgovern is the guy I don't understand.  He was a good C with Denver.  We sign him and he looks to be below average.  He is young, should be in his prime.  Is it our scheme?  Coaching?  Player regressing?  Or a combination of all three.

I tend to agree. GVR, while not good, in the past has been serviceable. I think the scheme and the coaching has messed EVERYTHING on the offensive side of the ball up. 

I'll go back to everything I was saying in the Mims threads before yesterdays games. Players on the field look like sh*t and we're punishing one guy who supposedly doesn't know how the playbook. In essence, I think the CS is wrong and to be blamed for players playing poorly and not knowing the scheme. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

They all tackle like they are afraid to play football. 

Derrick Henry going up against these undersized LBs may be the biggest mismatch in the NFL.  Only reason he may not go for 200 next weekend is if they have a big enough lead that he sits much of the 2nd half.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

Guy we should be looking to poach is Nick Mullens off of Cleveland's practice squad.  He was with Lafleur in SF, should know the offense and is an experienced alternative if we feel the need to sit Zach for a few weeks for his own good.

If they were going to sit him, Denver is the team they should have sat him against.  I don't know what to make of Tennessee's defense, but they should be able to get things done against Atlanta.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

If they were going to sit him, Denver is the team they should have sat him against.  I don't know what to make of Tennessee's defense, but they should be able to get things done against Atlanta.  

I am not ready to sit him yet.  Give him this week and Atlanta, see what he does.  But if he still looks like Luke Falk trying to run an offense. then maybe some time on the bench might do him some good.  Although, barring injury, I do not expect it to happen.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

I tend to agree. GVR, while not good, in the past has been serviceable. I think the scheme and the coaching has messed EVERYTHING on the offensive side of the ball up. 

I'll go back to everything I was saying in the Mims threads before yesterdays games. Players on the field look like sh*t and we're punishing one guy who supposedly doesn't know how the playbook. In essence, I think the CS is wrong and to be blamed for players playing poorly and not knowing the scheme. 

Or maybe it will take some time to get it down right and things will be fine?  Did these guys even play together in camp?  Moses was a late add.  AVT missed almost the whole thing.  Fant had to switch from right to left.  They just added  a few plays in 2009 and Woody said that it took them time to get it down.  Those guys had already put en entire season plus together.  These guys are pretty much learning a full system.   These struggles should not be a surprise.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...