Joe Douglas is a failure

FlagmanL11

50 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Nice narrative.  Do you split your seats with SAR? 

There is a distinct difference between a narrative and facts,  fact, JD is 9-25. Fact the team as presently constituted is his.  Fact, he selected the CS that seems to be as inept at preparing the team to paly as say...Rex was.  Fact,  and this you can not dispute:

2021 3 games, 20 pts., 724 yards

2020 3 games, 37 pts.,  791 yards  which team is performing better?

fact, the OL can not block simple stunts and pick up blitzers.  fact, WR group drops as many balls as they catch.  Fact, the new QB is exactly what some of us feared in PRESEADSON... that pressure would make him.  Fact,  D that every thinks is playing ok has missed assignments, tackles poorly and can not get off the field.   What me to continue sir? 

JD is responsible for this mess...he is the GM.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

So.  Wilson is a whiff, but he is being spoiled by the coaching staff?   AVT?  Elijah Moore?  The Michael Carters?   Echols?  Sherwood?  Nasrildeen?  Mims is a whiff, but the coaching staff should change their entire offense to accommodate his tremendous talent?  I am not a huge fan of Douglas' drafting.  I wasn't a fan of what I read when everybody was washing his balls for coming over from Philly.  You still have to give them a chance.  There are between 9-11 guys he drafted who would be starting, plus the punter.  That doesn't make him great, but the idea that he is a sh*thead cause he took a shot on Morgan is dopey.  To paraphrase Van Hagar, only time will tell if they stand the test of time.

They suck and most importantly Zach sucks

Zach being a bust is a firable offense 

11 minutes ago, SOJ said:

There is a distinct difference between a narrative and facts,  fact, JD is 9-25. Fact the team as presently constituted is his.  Fact, he selected the CS that seems to be as inept at preparing the team to paly as say...Rex was.  Fact,  and this you can not dispute:

2021 3 games, 20 pts., 724 yards

2020 3 games, 37 pts.,  791 yards  which team is performing better?

fact, the OL can not block simple stunts and pick up blitzers.  fact, WR group drops as many balls as they catch.  Fact, the new QB is exactly what some of us feared in PRESEADSON... that pressure would make him.  Fact,  D that every thinks is playing ok has missed assignments, tackles poorly and can not get off the field.   What me to continue sir? 

JD is responsible for this mess...he is the GM.  

The key to all this whining is "3 games." 

• Upvote 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Is that what you think?

This is about 3 games?  

Yep.,  You and maybe one or 2 other guys were whining all offseason so you get gold stars.  The rest of these miserable ****s just climbed on the bandwagon.  I've been on this roller coaster as long as any of you ****ers.  I know how it works.  I'm not impressed at the early adopters of "this guy sucks"

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

The needle swings so ******* fast around here.  

Not all of us were on the Douglas saviour bandwagon to begin with.

For the second year in a row we have comprehensively been the worst team in the league after 3 weeks. The excuses about high turnover, inexperience, injuries etc. can be made all day but all of those issues are all of Douglas’ own making.

Things haven’t gotten better and don’t show any signs of getting better. If or when they do then he’ll have something to say but until then he’s been a resounding failure. He can’t blame Mac anymore. This is his team. In fact you could make a good argument that the best parts of it are Mac’s players.

The fact that so many of his 2021 rookies are starting isn’t so much a credit to his drafting but rather and indictment of the team. Of them all I’d expect only AVT would start for any team that isn’t terrible. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

For the second year in a row we have comprehensively been the worst team in the league after 3 weeks. The excuses about high turnover, inexperience, injuries etc. can be made all day but all of those issues are all of Douglas’ own making.

Things haven’t gotten better and don’t show any signs of getting better. If or when they do then he’ll have something to say but until then he’s been a resounding failure. He can’t blame Mac anymore. This is his team. In fact you could make a good argument that the best parts of it are Mac’s players.

The fact that so many of his 2021 rookies are starting isn’t so much a credit to his drafting but rather and indictment of the team. Of them all I’d expect only AVT would start for any team that isn’t terrible. 

In fairness to JD there are probably a number of good teams in which Mims would be starting :-)

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

I agree with the last part and have probably said it in 90% of the posts where I mention the rookies starting.  They have not been the worst team in the league.  Pretty sure that still belongs to the Jags.  I totally get not being fully on board with Douglas.  I just don't see how anything that happened so far this year can come as a surprise.   

I was on the bandwagon... I'm still going to give him a chance, however his utter failure to put together an OL is beyond acceptable. Mims is on the CS, but OL is on him. If he doesn't do something soon, then we will have ruined yet another QB drafted at the top of a draft. That is unforgivable. ZW in the regular season, is a completely different QB then what we saw in preseason. He should be looking to trade anyone for some OL help, and he better draft a stud center, guard, plus another tackle again next year. PERIOD... 

6 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I agree with the last part and have probably said it in 90% of the posts where I mention the rookies starting.  They have not been the worst team in the league.  Pretty sure that still belongs to the Jags.  I totally get not being fully on board with Douglas.  I just don't see how anything that happened so far this year can come as a surprise.   

Man I watched the Jags game on Sunday and they were better than we have been in any game - Leading a 2-0 team well into the 3rd quarter. They caused turnovers and they were running the ball really well. 

The Jets haven't had a lead or even came close to having one. I don't think it's asking much to expect better than this. Other teams have had the same issues with new players or coaches and aren't having anything like the issues that we are. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Man I watched the Jags game on Sunday and they were better than we have been in any game - Leading a 2-0 team well into the 3rd quarter. They caused turnovers and they were running the ball really well. 

The Jets haven't had a lead or even came close to having one. I don't think it's asking much to expect better than this. Other teams have had the same issues with new players or coaches and aren't having anything like the issues that we are. 

What other teams have had the same issues?  If you read sperm's post, he pretty much lays out the amount of new that we have.  It's close to unprecedented.  The new rules make camps shorter and the starts of seasons are more like an extended preseason. 

If I told you they will be absolutely awful until the bye, would you have thought it a surprise?  I don't expect people to be happy about it or to accept it.  I don't have a problem with people pointing out where they think mistakes are being made.  OTOH, wanting/expecting changes to be made now is stupid.  It is exactly what we complain about - ownership  bending to the whims of the media and fans.  I don't know about you, but I don't want to relive George hiring Billy back in 1988.

11 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I just don't see how anything that happened so far this year can come as a surprise.   

I am not surprised they started 0-3.  What has surprised me is the extent of how bad the team has been.  Thought the rebuilt OL would at least be conpetent. It has not been.  I thought the WRs would be able to catch passes.  They have not been.  I did not expect Zach to be the 2nd worst statistical rookie QB of the last 10 years, through 3 games by passer rating.  Only guy he has been better than is Ryan Lindley.  7 picks through 3 games is tied for the most, with DeShone Kizer and Trevor Lawrence.

I get it.  Its 3 games.  Young coaching staff, young team, hit by injuries, rookie QB and rookies everywhere in the lineup.  Potential to improve as the season goes on.  Unlike others, I am not calling for anyone's head.  Will see how the season plays out, but through 3 games, I am surprised by how bad and uncompetitive this team has looked.

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am not surprised they started 0-3.  What has surprised me is the extent of how bad the team has been.  Thought the rebuilt OL would at least be conpetent. It has not been.  I thought the WRs would be able to catch passes.  They have not been.  I did not expect Zach to be the 2nd worst statistical rookie QB of the last 10 years, through 3 games by passer rating.  Only guy he has been better than is Ryan Lindley.  7 picks through 3 games is tied for the most, with DeShone Kizer and Trevor Lawrence.

I get it.  Its 3 games.  Young coaching staff, young team, hit by injuries, rookie QB and rookies everywhere in the lineup.  Potential to improve as the season goes on.  Unlike others, I am not calling for anyone's head.  Will see how the season plays out, but through 3 games, I am surprised by how bad and uncompetitive this team has looked.

Fair enough.  IMO, you flip game 1 and game 3 and this place is completely different.  I'm sure the feeling is that we are regressing.  We are bad, but i don't really see that.  I think that they have too many negative plays, in particular penalties that stop any momentum.  IMO they need to run into a team they can run on and things will look completely different.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Fair enough.  IMO, you flip game 1 and game 3 and this place is completely different.  I'm sure the feeling is that we are regressing.  We are bad, but i don't really see that.  I think that they have too many negative plays, in particular penalties that stop any momentum.  IMO they need to run into a team they can run on and things will look completely different.

Don't disagree.  I felt pretty good after week 1 despite the L.  Team showed some character, rallying back, made Carolina play all 4 quarters.    Was a pretty good first game for a rookie QB after a slow start.  Week 2, I chalked up to Belichick making rookie QBs look bad.  Week 3 was like holy crap, we suck.  So I came on here and vented a little, some vented a lot. 

Venting is over now.  Looking forward to week 4, albeit with much trepidation.

• Upvote 3

On 9/27/2021 at 8:53 AM, Sammybighead said:

I just have one question for JD: when will you finish rebuilding the oline as you promised? 

He figured GVR and McGovern on cheap deals is just as good as going out and spending on guys like Conklin, thuney, lindslay. How's that working out for us?

Because all you have to do is say I want you and a Thuney will come to the Jets over going to a legit contender for a SB in KC.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yeah, I agree.  This young a team, with a rookie QB and CS going up against Belichick and then the Broncos defense with the Titans to come wasnt going to be pretty.  Give the team someone they can run on, open up some play action.  

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

Don't disagree.  I felt pretty good after week 1 despite the L.  Team showed some character, rallying back, made Carolina play all 4 quarters.    Was a pretty good first game for a rookie QB after a slow start.  Week 2, I chalked up to Belichick making rookie QBs look bad.  Week 3 was like holy crap, we suck.  So I came on here and vented a little, some vented a lot. 

Venting is over now.  Looking forward to week 4, albeit with much trepidation.

The key to this season is the last 6-7 games, and if the light bulb goes on and this team is a tough out/ wins some games. That will show that the plan in starting to take hold. If not, well, don't even want to go there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sammybighead said:

I'll never write off a rookie unless they really deserve it (see jachai polite). If this is your opinion, that's fine, but I believe it's ridiculously early to say such things especially with the state of this team

I guess all those big games Zach had in college facing top competition sold you?

• Upvote 1

Just now, munchmemory said:

It wasn't enough that our last bust Darnold hadn't done much in college, too.  JD went and found more of a project in Wilson.

Sam wasn’t that bad here.  Jets fans just really mercilessly piled on and blamed everything on him.  He’s a good qb and the best young qb we had had in forever.  He and Brudgewater may be 8-0 combined after Sunday

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Sam wasn’t that bad here.  Jets fans just really mercilessly piled on and blamed everything on him.  He’s a good qb and the best young qb we had had in forever.  He and Brudgewater may be 8-0 combined after Sunday

We had lots of good young QB's.  None of them aged well. 

• Haha 1