Meet The New Boss....Same As The Old Boss

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Jesus Christ, Mark Sanchez ran circles around Chad Pennington.  

Looking at the last four rookies we dragged into Florham park since he got kicked to the curb, you should appreciate Mark Sanchez a hell of a lot more than you do.

SAR I

I'm going more with "Era's" than actual head to head or anything.  Had Chad been all he was at Marshall, Sanchez would never have been a blip on the Jets radar.  But, as we are the Jets, things worked out this way.  So instead of 1 QB for 20 years we get the mess we've had of 20 QB's or so...

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2021 at 9:49 AM, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

I just turned 47 last week and can easily say that I've been a Jets fan since I was 5, My dad, born on Long Island and raised in Caldwell, NJ, is a lifelong Jets fan and corrupted me as a kid. Growing up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I was the odd man out in a land saturated with Packers fans and I was never afraid to stand up to my decision.

I've supported this team through some thick but mostly thin for decades and in my pre-kid prime, I didn't miss a chance to catch the closest away game to Michigan I could find. Despite my annual pessimism once showcased in great detail on this site, I've continued to stick it out. 

I've been a believer in Saleh since the hire. I like him as a coach, I like him as a person, and with his deep roots in Metro Detroit and Northern Michigan University, I've loved having a hometown guy as our coach. The 0-3 start doesn't kill that ....I still think there's a great coach there...

.....but it's getting to the point where year in and year out, watching this garbage every single year, different coaches, different GMs, different QBs.......I just don't care anymore. I'm almost to the point where I want to burn what little Jets gear I have left and move on. In my lifetime I've watch Mount Rushmore of once incompetent teams win Super Bowls. I've watched a QB with seven Super Bowl wins, lose more Super Bowls than the the Jets have Division titles in their entire history.

It's beyond bad luck. It's beyond a bad run. Apathy has long since set in with this franchise but it's getting to the point of not caring anymore that I'm almost ready to move on. Not to a "new team" for the sake of picking a winner.....but moving on to having no team. Just watching pro football for the sake of watching pro football, and leaving my high heartrate for Saturdays when my Wolverines can't beat Ohio State for decades. 

I commend all of you who continue to pay your PSLs, season tickets, parking passes and tailgate week in and out. The comradery that comes with that cannot be beat and I've been fortunate to expereince it a few times.....it makes the garbage on the field worth it. But from 638 miles away, it's hard to have anything to look forward to with this team. I'm not quitting just yet...I don't want to quit....but damn if I'm not close.

I simply think there is no one, or no one thing, that can fix this team and the generations of incompetence. I still like to think Saleh and Zach can be that change....but like everything else with this team it's hard to even me 5% optimistic. I'm just about done. 

Update: My level of optimism for this franchise has dropped from 5% to 3%