An Absolute Cluster"bleep"

KRL

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

I think the reason this time feels the worst is because the process was actually correct. Jets fans have been clamoring for years for the Johnsons get out of the way and hire a respected football mind to run the team with no meddling. So we bring in Joe Douglas to unanimous praise around the league and let him run the show. And somehow, the result is even worse. It defies belief. 

This. But did you really think it would be a straight line? Zach is a rookie and playing like one. LaFleur is a rookie and coaching like one. Saleh is a rookie...They are doing this the right way. Too soon to kick anybody off the bus.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think he's rattled and it's in his head. Week 1 he was under siege in the first half and then played pretty well against softer coverage in the 2nd. But Week 2 against the Pats he had time and tried to press and make plays and the results were disastrous. He wasn't seeing the field and made some really poor throws.

This week he seemed very timid and unwilling to take chances was really trying to just get the ball out and avoid making mistakes and it affected the whole offense. But his mechanics are wonkly and unsettled and his arm seems off. He was playing scared. Also, not to make excuses for him but I wonder if he's injured -- he just doesn't seem accurate the way he has been in the past, missing and throwing stuff in the dirt. Could also be the yips or some kind of mental block but he just isn't making throws.

Also -- can Corey Davis make some plays? Our WRs need to step up and help the kid out. It's only been three games but man, for a big physical receiver Davis is awful and making contested catches.

Possibly.  I've never been a fan of his mechanics and have been seeing these bad habits since college.  He just got away with them but now because of the speed of the game, ability to read pre/post snap, level of competition, the hash marks, etc.  he's struggling big time.  Not sure what the answer is honestly, just hope someone is trying to coach this stuff out of him. It doest help his team sucks to take some relief off him either.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jethead said:

This. But did you really think it would be a straight line? Zach is a rookie and playing like one. LaFleur is a rookie and coaching like one. Saleh is a rookie...They are doing this the right way. Too soon to kick anybody off the bus.

This doesn't resemble and NFL football team.  Young teams are supposed to get better, or at least show signs of progress.  the Jets have gotten worse week over week.

It has been a straight line - just down and not up.  This team has gotten worse Week over Week. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

I question a lot of the design and calls.  There are times watching, you genuinely dont know what the call is trying to beat.  That said, there were plays to be had on the field yesterday.  Easy throws, easy reads, they were missed by either not seeing or inaccurate passing and some drops.   If he averaged 4.6 ypc, they were giving him short, easy reads.  Everyone sucks.  That's all. 

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

I think this coaching staff is so intent on implementing systems and culture that there’s no deviation to fix things in games.  I agree, having wilson roll out would help.  Quick passes to rbs and TEs.  But not really.  Instead, they want wilson to sit in the pocket and go thru progressions as if it’s a theoretical exercise, which it is, in practice.  

Also i think saleh is too fixated by what happens in practice.  Does he really think that fans or the media care if cole or Jeff smith had a good week of practice when they get shut out?  There’s a disconnect between practices and games and it’s best observed in how they’re dealing with the wr situation.  They’re benching mims while the other wrs do nothing, and Wilson could really use a big target who may not run the crispest of routes but can provide a nice target when plays break down, which is most of the time.

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Possibly.  I've never been a fan of his mechanics and have been seeing these bad habits since college.  He just got away with them but now because of the speed of the game, ability to read pre/post snap, level of competition, the hash marks, etc.  he's struggling big time.  Not sure what the answer is honestly, just hope someone is trying to coach this stuff out of him. It doest help his team sucks to take some relief off him either.

i think some of you are doing on an autopsy on someone who died in a car accident - and trying to figure what part actually killed the individual... The whole operation sucks. The team is poorly management and coached right now. Rob's defenses has been good, but he was foolish to bring in a 20 year old OC with no experience to try fix/build something a 20-year veteran would be challenged to do. Wilson has the talent, that seems obvious, but the Jets and by extension most jets were grossly ignorant on the learning curve there. Lafleur? Child please.

The game plan is crap, the scheme isn't supported on the roster talent wise. The QB needs a high functioning system and team to match, to progress.

The Jets have never looked so out of NFL-shape in my life. It's been a slow bleed that has not resulted in 2.5 games worth shut outs.

The Lions with Goff made a go of it yesterday with Ravens.

We're putrid.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pichula said:

Punting was the right call, jets pinned them deep and then forced a 3 and out. When was the last time you saw the jets make a 60 yard field goal? 

They put is at the 25 or so after the punt. Not the right call IMO. Hot day in Denver a 61 yarder is like a 50 yarder in winter.

32 minutes ago, Paradis said:

i think so of you are doing on an autopsy on someone who died in a car accident - and trying to figure what part actually killed the individual... The whole operation sucks. The team is poorly management and coached right now. Rob's defenses has been good, but he was foolish enough to bring in a 20 year old OC with no experience to try fix something a 20-year veteran would be challenged to. 

The game plan is crap, the scheme is supported talent wise, the QB needs a high functioning system and team to progress.

The Jets have never looked so out of NFL-shape in my life. It's been a slow bleed that has not resulted in 2.5 games worth shut outs.

The Lions with Goff made a go of it yesterday with Ravens.

We're putrid.  

It wasn't an accident, it was suicide.  

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

I felt that the delay of game was on the new holder. 

My concern is the Gaseness of this offense. They did nothing to help Wilson out. Between the drops and the lack of open receivers it was scary.  Wilson's pocket presence is terrible right now. It is going to take time for him to improve in that area but his awareness just isn't good. A lot of that stems from week one where he got hammered non stop.  But can't the OC help the kid out with some short passes, roll him out, build some momentum.

And 3rd and short with a rookie QB you go with empty back field multiple times? This is a kid playing in his 3rd game. Keep it simple, even if you are going to pass, let's keep the defense honest. Terrible decisions by the OC.

the Gaseness of this offense

a term that analysts will be using for decades to come. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I question a lot of the design and calls.  There are times watching, you genuinely dont know what the call is trying to beat.  That said, there were plays to be had on the field yesterday.  Easy throws, easy reads, they were missed by either not seeing or inaccurate passing and some drops.   If he averaged 4.6 ypc, they were giving him short, easy reads.  Everyone sucks.  That's all. 

I like the confidence LaFleur has in Zach to go empty backfield on 3rd and short. Play action? Misdirection? Who needs that crap when you got a rookie QB in his 3rd game just trying to survive? I like the commitment they are showing in keeping Mims off the field as well, as it shows all the other players that whatever Mims did will not be tolerated. Yet, playing shitty, unmotivated and getting your ass kicked every Sunday? Hell yeah bitches! Rome wasn't built in a day son!

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

To be honest the bigger issue I had was moving to a punt after the delay of game. It was in Denver and he just was 2/3 up the uprights from 56 why not let him kick from 61? That would definitely be the all gas no break option.

Yeah, but Shotty always did these weird motions; we don't even do that to help Zack read the defense - but yeah, probably should have gone for it; he made it by more than 5 yards - still stupid to not call time out.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Jets shockingly are only 3rd worst in yards per game on offense.  Points per game of 6.7 is of course dead dead dead dead last.

Also shockingly we are still top 10 in the league for least yards given up on defense.

Now since one of the few ways as a Jet fan I get pleasure is through schadenfreude, the Seahawks being dead last in the league in yards given up per game at a whopping 440 brings a small smile to my face.

End of first half  after the Jets run the ball on 3rd down, the Broncos had the chance to call a timeout with 32 seconds and get the ball back with a chance to get into FG range (in Mile high with a great kicker). Instead, they let the clock run out because they knew the game was already over.  No need to take chances against a non-competitive team.  

It's tough for a defense to give up a ton of points/yards if the offense can't make it a game. Offenses can play it very vanilla because they don't need to break out a bag of tricks to beat this team. And remember the Broncos were down their #1 WR (Jeudy) and #3 WR Hamler for most of the game and they are hurt on the OL. 

Let's not act as if the Jets defense is doing it's job. They've generated 2 turnovers in 3 games (one of which was meaningless at the end of the broncos game). Mac Jones had 3 INTs yesterday alone. Zero against the Jets "defense".  This defense get's no credit IMO. They just aren't as big of a disappointment as the offense. And oh by the way, Special Teams have made some huge mistakes also. 

The TEAM is terrible. Players. Coaches. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I like the confidence LaFleur has in Zach to go empty backfield on 3rd and short. Play action? Misdirection? Who needs that crap when you got a rookie QB in his 3rd game just trying to survive? I like the commitment they are showing in keeping Mims off the field as well, as it shows all the other players that whatever Mims did will not be tolerated. Yet, playing sh*tty, unmotivated and getting your ass kicked every Sunday? Hell yeah bitches! Rome wasn't built in a day son!

At this point the Coaching staff are almost forced to bench Mims. Could you imagine if Mims plays and does well???? It's almost worse knowing that he was not used for 3 weeks. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

I felt that the delay of game was on the new holder. 

My concern is the Gaseness of this offense. They did nothing to help Wilson out. Between the drops and the lack of open receivers it was scary.  Wilson's pocket presence is terrible right now. It is going to take time for him to improve in that area but his awareness just isn't good. A lot of that stems from week one where he got hammered non stop.  But can't the OC help the kid out with some short passes, roll him out, build some momentum.

And 3rd and short with a rookie QB you go with empty back field multiple times? This is a kid playing in his 3rd game. Keep it simple, even if you are going to pass, let's keep the defense honest. Terrible decisions by the OC.

Impossible to have pocket presence 

C5AA5099-CEDF-4393-9B30-6EF3E9967653.jpeg

F7FE5B98-8001-4A04-A691-ADBCF7405BEE.jpeg

• Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

At this point the Coaching staff are almost forced to bench Mims. Could you imagine if Mims plays and does well???? It's almost worse knowing that he was not used for 3 weeks. 

By playing well he would literally have to make one contested catch. HAHA, Zach be like,"Damn, he caught it when the other guy tried too catch it too, groovy!"

3 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

No pre snap motion to help the QB.  No misdirection to create lanes.  No roll outs to slow down the pass rush.  No draws. No screens. No "safe" throws to the RBs to find rhythm.  I'm with Mims.  I wouldn't waste my time learning this sh!t offense either... 

Exactly if i were Mims why the hell would i want to learn the offense that puts up a whopping 6.7 points per game.......But hey great practices all week!....;)

3 hours ago, KRL said:

They are below inept in every phase of football.

The Jets Defense is currently ranked 11th in Yards Allowed and 14th in Points Allowed.

This is as of right now, with two teams still to play their week 3 game tonight, so these rankings could improve a slot or two depending on tonight's game.  Probably won't happen in point allowed, but we should wake up tomorrow ranked 10th in Yards allowed.

I would offer that a defense put into as many horrible positions thru three games as the Jets offense has put them, who still is ranked in the top half of the league in both points and yards allowed, is not totally "inept".

Not arguing that we're not a bad team, we clearly are. 

But we should acknowledge the few small positives we do have.  

The Defense is better, average even, so far in 2021. 

The big weakpoint for them is takeaways (we're tied at 22nd with only 2).

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

While not great, its an easy play to Davis.  He's open in the middle of the cluster and all he needed was to get to the 34.  Perfect pocket, Zach didnt pull the trigger and ended up sacked.  

If you factor that all of those routes are 2 yards behind the line of gain does not look so great right?

4 hours ago, Pichula said:

Only realistic solutions

demote LaFleur and make Cavanaugh OC

activate mims 

bench van Roten for anyone,  trade a second rounder for a half decent guard 

Cavanaugh developed Monkey Sanchez into the piece of sh!t QB

he became. No one wept when he was fired-

https://www.nfl.com/news/matt-cavanaugh-reportedly-out-as-n-y-jets-qbs-coach-0ap1000000123573

3 hours ago, Jethead said:

I wasnt expecting a rose garden but the Broncos game is not the bottom for this team.  Its going to get worse.

You have to give something to your rookie qb to work with and the Jets dont have anything.

So, theyll get a pass for a few games but at some point this season, someone will get fired to appease the hordes of media and fans screaming at this team.

I'm taking a back seat on this team. I can't continue to justify the time I invest, not when i've got this many kids to raise and stress to balance, and at the peak of my career development. 

No other team looks this incompetent on sunday... 

• HOU - laughing stock of the offseason, was balling hard with Tyrod and Weekend at Bernie's at HC
  • Lions? they took it to BAL yesterday
  • JAX - never has 0-3 looked so different. 

Good luck and go jets

No doubt about it, this is right up there (down there?) as bad as it has ever been.

I kid myself that the defense has shown something but in reality I think any time opponents wanted to turn up their own offensive intensity that they could do that with little in the way of opposition from us.

Mosely has been good.

Hard pressed to come up with many others.

Wilson may even be the real deal but we are going to get him killed before we ever haver a chance to find out.

Kicker seems decent.

5 hours ago, KRL said:

There are no words for the pure "awfulness" of this team.  They are 
below inept in every phase of football.  How is it possible that from
2016-2021 our "season" has been over BEFORE October!!!  Watching this
team makes my hair hurt, they don't even play the same game that AVERAGE
teams do.  Now in their third game the coaching staff is showing "Gase
like" tendencies on offense as they continue to generate nothing.  Also,
the staff is showing "Herm like" tendencies in clock management as they
get a delay of game penalty and take a 56 yard FG off the board. 
This is beyond brutal, unless something miraculously changes can this 
team even match the two win total from last year???    

Shoulda gone for the 61 yarder.  It would have either been good or returned for a TD based on how the weekend went, so it would have at least been exciting.

Such a fanbase of crybabies and whiners!!  I've taken turds before that were better suited to play QB than Wilson but to hell with that!  Keep grinding and never give up hope!!!  It's about baby steps.  Next game, convert a first down.  The following game, down a punt inside the opponents 20 yard line.  The game after that...….hit a field goal!!  sack up and remember, we are jet's nation!!!! J E T S, JETS, JETS, JETS!!!!!!!!