THEY SHOULD HAVE HIRED REX AGAIN

THE BARON

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

mike-tannjpg-fca0032324cff694.jpg

No, not Rex.

The reason those teams were successful is because we had a GM who went all-in with proven free agents and didn't give a damn about developing rookies.  You know, the other "right way" to get to a Championship.

SAR I

Couldn't agree more with the second paragraph. But said GM also knew when to get rid of Mangini when it was clear the team wasn't responding to his coaching, and brought in the firebrand to turn his roster into maniacs 

Bring back Tanny and Rex. What do we have to lose at this point?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

9 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Couldn't agree more with the second paragraph. But said GM also knew when you get rid of Mangini when it was clear the team wasn't responding to his coaching, and brought in the firebrand to turn his roster into maniacs 

Bring back Tanny and Rex. What do we have to lose at this point?

BAN BAN. BANBANBAN BAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN BAN 

• Thumb Down 1

47 minutes ago, SAR I said:

mike-tannjpg-fca0032324cff694.jpg

No, not Rex.

The reason those teams were successful is because we had a GM who went all-in with proven free agents and didn't give a damn about developing rookies.  You know, the other "right way" to get to a Championship.

SAR I

you mean brick, mangold, harris, washington, cotchery, keller, rhodes, revis, ellis, rhodes, moore, weren't drafted by the jets?  he brought in the free agents that rex wanted and they worked out mainly because that same gm drafted many of those players 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo 24 7 said:

To put it simply, Rex Ryan's scheme does not work without Hall of Fame caliber defenders than enable his scheme.

His teams look unorganized and undisciplined.

I'll never forget when he punted late in overtime with our playoff hopes on the line.

I would say his schemes are outdated. A by gone era.  Offensive minds have figured him out.     

16 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I would say his schemes are outdated. A by gone era.  Offensive minds have figured him out.     

Rex didn't have a clear base scheme.  He had a philosophy of flexibility at all three levels of the defense and unpredictability.  He did do a lot of press man in combination with overload blitzing which was a peculiarity of his that was made possible by Revis and at times Cromartie, but other than that unique tactic, there was no base defense.   Along the defensive line you would see 3 to 7 man fronts in various alignments/assignments.  Both 2 gap and 1 gap. The LBs would play on the line, at the second level and in coverage.  The DB's would press, play zone, loaded zone, cover 2, Tampa 2, cover 0, etc. 

He adjusted on the fly as needed and kept most every game winnable even with QBs that had a propensity to turn the ball over regulary.

The players loved and responded to him and the Jets were fun.

His downfall was his bad judgment with roster decisions. Tanny was weak willed and let Rex shoot himself in the foot. 

I want Rex as HC with Mangini as his director of player personnel 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Rex was 8-8 despite Geno Smith

Was that the year they acted like they won the sb in Miami? Gatorade bath and speech by woody when they finished at 8-8? 

lol momentum into next year!! Hahahaha 2014 was a train wreck

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, BP said:

Was that the year they acted like they won the sb in Miami? Gatorade bath and speech by woody when they finished at 8-8? 

lol momentum into next year!! Hahahaha 2014 was a train wreck

With a roster that was almost as bad as the current roster.  2014 is the only year I recall with a lack of manpower that rivals this year.

JD sends Darnold off to reset the clock on the QB money, but what the hell did he do with all the money he saved ??? ZERO big name stars on that roster that make big plays and win games.  No elite offensive line stud FA signings. 

The entire roster is below JAG status.

And.... The low cost newly drafted players are all duds.

JD has been a total failure. 

Johnson hires Gace

Gace Hires JD

JD hires Saleh

Saleh hires OC 

And the who's at the top of that chain ?

And the news never gets better because Johnson wont fire himself

28 minutes ago, Wit said:

Exactly. We would be paying 40 mil a year for a useless roster spot. 

sooner or later that will be resolved. and he will be in Miami.

dont understand why he isnt exercising his right to a speedy trail. the courts dragging this out is killing him and his team

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Rex was 8-8 despite Geno Smith

They were outscored by 97 points that season.  Arguably the least competitive 8-8 season of all-time.  And thus it was no surprise when basically the exact same team went 4-12 the following season.

Rex gave us 2 fun seasons.  Then the league figured him out and he sucked from 2011-2016.  He couldn't even get an interview for the U of Miami HC job a few years back.

Let it go.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

One of the greatest coaching feats in history.

Our fanbase didn’t deserve Rex. 

When the "good old days" was Rex Ryan, the problem isn't the fans who failed to "appreciate" a HC who finished his career with a losing record and has been out of the league for 5 years.  The problem is the Jets organization that has failed to do any better than Rex Ryan for a decade.

Let it go.  

• Upvote 2