THEY SHOULD HAVE HIRED REX AGAIN

THE BARON

Rex was a mistake then and he would be a bigger mistake now. It is only 3 games against some of the best defenses in the NFL, so chill. Jets fans are not known for their patience but that is what it is going to take. I think the biggest mistake Saleh made was hiring such an inexperienced OC, but then again he thought he had Greg Knapp, only to have him tragically killed.

Your calling the second best coach in Jets history a mistake? Your crazy, Rex gave us the best years of Jets football since the Namath era.

F parcels he wasn’t half of what Rex was for the Jets

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Facts said:

Forget Rex.

If we want to live in hindsight then we should have drafted Josh Allen. I was pounding the table for the kid.

But no. We got ghost boy. Meanwhile Allen is winning his 7th freaking player of the week award this week.

Allen with Bowles/Gase and the putrid rosters struggles just as badly as Sam did here

And I liked Allen a lot more than most Jets fans who were calling him Bryce Petty

Just against principal you wouldn't hire Rex back but he is awesome and the best of them all. Rex was being told what to do and he didn't like it and never stood for it. I loved he great attitude and energy!

Saleh's biggest challenge is going to be the Jets media

4 hours ago, sackdancer said:

Just against principal you wouldn't hire Rex back but he is awesome and the best of them all. Rex was being told what to do and he didn't like it and never stood for it. I loved he great attitude and energy!

Saleh's biggest challenge is going to be the Jets media

Thought Sexy Rexy already had a job ... Nuthin against clowns.

large-clown-holding-thin-balloon-BB7XMD.

Edited by Dunnie

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Rex gave a lengthy interview on the most recent Pardon My Take podcast and he does not sound at all like a guy who has access to much of his remaining gray matter. Just a complete loon, and possibly a wetbrain. 

So nothing has changed.  

SAR I

On 9/30/2021 at 12:18 AM, T0mShane said:

Rex gave a lengthy interview on the most recent Pardon My Take podcast and he does not sound at all like a guy who has access to much of his remaining gray matter. Just a complete loon, and possibly a wetbrain. 

Greatest coach in Jets history!

greatest moment in Jets history. December 2013. The great Jets team finished at 8-8 and had a huge super bowl celebration led by legendary Jet player Muhammad Wilkerson. And a locker room speech from the prestigious Mr. Johnson assuring EVERYBODY that our beloved buffoon would be returning for an abomination of a 2014 season.

A141DE1F-B5FA-491E-9F2A-7080A66A46B3.png

On 9/27/2021 at 9:48 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

When the "good old days" was Rex Ryan, the problem isn't the fans who failed to "appreciate" a HC who finished his career with a losing record and has been out of the league for 5 years.  The problem is the Jets organization that has failed to do any better than Rex Ryan for a decade.

Let it go.  

What’s Rex’s win/loss record compared with the three coaches the Jets have had since?

• Upvote 1

On 9/30/2021 at 12:26 AM, WillyBk91 said:

Saleh and Ulbrich have the defense working no need for Rex talk. I wish we could of landed Joe Brady as the OC.

Saleh is a glorified DC just like Rex.  If Jets fans are gonna hate Rex they might as well also trash Saleh they are essentially the same head coach except at least Rex was fun and players liked playing for him

On 9/27/2021 at 7:33 PM, THE BARON said:

With a roster that was almost as bad as the current roster.  2014 is the only year I recall with a lack of manpower that rivals this year.

JD sends Darnold off to reset the clock on the QB money, but what the hell did he do with all the money he saved ??? ZERO big name stars on that roster that make big plays and win games.  No elite offensive line stud FA signings. 

The entire roster is below JAG status.

And.... The low cost newly drafted players are all duds.

JD has been a total failure. 

Johnson hires Gace

Gace Hires JD

JD hires Saleh

Saleh hires OC 

And the who's at the top of that chain ?

And the news never gets better because Johnson wont fire himself

There was no cap savings on Darnold -- yet.

Honestly this year swapping Wilson for Darnold alone is a higher cap hit, seeing how the bulk of Darnold's cap hit was from his signing bonus. 

The savings will start to be realized next year and the couple years after that, if Darnold continues as he's started this season.