Jump to content

Saleh on Michael Kay today..it's getting ridiculous on Mims


Cut Jet Penalty Makers
 Share

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

The lies, the obfuscation, the outright deriliction of duty continues....Kay, LaGreca, Rosenberg not buying the insipid excuses anymore...Saleh stating that even with concussed Elijah Moore, Mims is continuing to 'show progess and is working hard' to try to get on the field...this is insane what is going on and clearly we are being lied to.

  

I just don't think its a big deal at all. We have othe rWR on the field. Davis dropping balls is more of a concern. Dude can suit up whenever he suits up, people act like we got randy moss on the sidelines...no bro we have Mims. Sure I like to see him out there but if he not there is probabbly a reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Baylor isn't the NFL?  Wow I didn't know that.

Well, now you do, lol.

Quote

All we have seen from Mims is 1 40 yard catch in 3 reps this year. 

This catch, this catch, this catch, some of you guys never shut up over this one middling catch. 

You'd think it was spectacular, acrobatic, a physical feat, an immaculate reception or the like. :rolleyes:

Broken coverage, wide open, did almost nothing after catching it. 

You coulda made that catch flgreen, except you might have gotten more YAC than he did.

Quote

A decent rookie year.  The CS has said he has been great in practice two weeks in a row.  As far as I have seen Mims really hasn't said anything.

And with that you have somehow concluded that "Mims dogs it on and off the field".  LOL

We're apparently all speculating as to what "we're being lied to" about, if you recall the start and thrust of this topic.

I've said I don't think we're being lied to at all. 

I think Coach is telling us exactly why Mims is inactive, and some folks either aren't listening or have chosen not to understand coachspeak.

But you're certainly allowed to offer your own theories on why Mims, sorry, the "Great and Powerful Mims of the Truly Special 40 Yard Catch of 2021!!!!!", has been inactive nearly every game so far. 

Quote

OK, it's clear the guy is a lazy A hole.  SMH 

He's inactive on a team full of (mostly) JAG and/or hurt WR's dropping balls left and right.  

That fact, and what the staff have said publicly, is all we really know for sure.  Nothing is "clear".

It's all theory. 

So far we have the "they're lying to us!" theory, we have the "not a scheme fit" theory and we have my own "he doesn't know the playbook and/or he isn't working hard enough" theory.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I just don't think its a big deal at all. We have othe rWR on the field. Davis dropping balls is more of a concern. Dude can suit up whenever he suits up, people act like we got randy moss on the sidelines...no bro we have Mims. Sure I like to see him out there but if he not there is probabbly a reason.

Randy Moss would be on the bench here.  He only ran 1 route.

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Well, now you do, lol.

This catch, this catch, this catch, some of you guys never shut up over this one middling catch. 

You'd think it was spectacular, acrobatic, a physical feat, an immaculate reception or the like. :rolleyes:

Broken coverage, wide open, did almost nothing after catching it. 

You coulda made that catch flgreen, except you might have gotten more YAC than he did.

We're apparently all speculating as to what "we're being lied to" about, if you recall the start and thrust of this topic.

I've said I don't think we're being lied to at all. 

I think Coach is telling us exactly why Mims is inactive, and some folks either aren't listening or have chosen not to understand coachspeak.

But you're certainly allowed to offer your own theories on why Mims, sorry, the "Great and Powerful Mims of the Truly Special 40 Yard Catch of 2021!!!!!", has been inactive nearly every game so far. 

He's inactive on a team full of (mostly) JAG and/or hurt WR's dropping balls left and right.  

That fact, and what the staff have said publicly, is all we really know for sure.  Nothing is "clear".

It's all theory. 

So far we have the "they're lying to us!" theory, we have the "not a scheme fit" theory and we have my own "he doesn't know the playbook and/or he isn't working hard enough" theory.  

wait so you dont agree Mims is the second coming based off him not playing so he must be the best???!!!!

who do you think you are?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I’m getting old and have run out of patience.  Continuity is overrated.  I think GMs and all coaches should be on one game contracts.  

I am referring to the universe in which you compared Denzel Mims to Randy Moss.

It is an old rhetorical trick.  It is easy to simply throw that stuff out there because it is utterly impossible to either prove or disprove.  It reminds me of some of the debates we had on here about running backs of offensive lines in years gone by.  "Even Jim Brown of Gayle Sayers would not have been able to make any yards behind THAT OL".

Denzel Mims is not Randy Moss.  He almost certainly did not commit some kind of an ethical infraction like getting the owner's wife pregnant or something like that.  It is insane to think that a rookie-year coaching staff is going to cut off their own noses just to spite their face and keep Mims on the bench as some kind of a messaging play to Mims and the rest of the team.  Failed rookie coaches will often never get another chance for their entire NFL careers so that idea does not pass the smell test either.

Occam's razor (paraphrased): "the simplest explanation is usually the best one." or in other words, Mims is not seeing the field on game day because the coaching staff do not feel that he is currently good enough to do so.  Period.  i know that means we picked ourselves a dud in the 2nd round but that may be the beginning, middle and end of the story no matter how much we wish it otherwise.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I just don't think its a big deal at all. We have othe rWR on the field. Davis dropping balls is more of a concern. Dude can suit up whenever he suits up, people act like we got randy moss on the sidelines...no bro we have Mims. Sure I like to see him out there but if he not there is probabbly a reason.

I was just reading up on Mims in my fantasy. The reports are still saying they won't  play him because he hasn't  learned all the WR positions and he doesn't  play ST. The Jets scored a goose egg this past Sunday. Anyone with a pulse should be on the field. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I was just reading up on Mims in my fantasy. The reports are still saying they won't  play him because he hasn't  learned all the WR positions and he doesn't  play ST. The Jets scored a goose egg this past Sunday. Anyone with a pulse should be on the field. 

I wonder who they sign off the street to play over Mims now that Moore is injured and Crowder probably still out with the groin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

I’m getting old and have run out of patience.  Continuity is overrated.  I think GMs and all coaches should be on one game contracts.  

Isn’t it supposed to be capitalism and meritocracy? JD is 9-25 as a GM.  Will probably be 10-38 by end of this season.  If anyone is that bad at their job they would be fired after about a month

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Isn’t it supposed to be capitalism and meritocracy? JD is 9-25 as a GM.  Will probably be 10-38 by end of this season.  If anyone is that bad at their job they would be fired after about a month

W-L record early in a GMs tenure for a franchise as deeply in the sh1tter as we were is not the correct measure for a new GM.  Given the mess he inherited it is reasonable to think that year-3 at best is when we would hope to see serious forward movement. However,

  • Year-1 is getting his guys in place, eliminating bad contracts and laying the draft foundation for the future
  • Year-2 is cementing the draft progress and showing some measurable improvement in team quality on the field (a W/L record - maybe going to 7=10 for example).
  • Year-3 would be serious improvement and being in the wild-card conversation until late in the year.

While he does still get time to implement his program (who else would ever come here again if he does not?), it does seem pretty clear that the year-1 plan did not work at all and year-2 is looking horrible so far and in part this is because drafts 1 and 2 have not worked out at all.

Talk of Axing JD should not happen until the end of next year no matter how much some people think it should happen now and how ready they are to say "I told you so" if and when it does end up happening.  This is why we had to give him a 6-year deal to begin with.  The rest of the NFL wants nothing to do with us and our GM/HC game of musical chairs.  JD is where we placed our chips and the croupier has just said "no more bets"

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

I am referring to the universe in which you compared Denzel Mims to Randy Moss.

It is an old rhetorical trick.  It is easy to simply throw that stuff out there because it is utterly impossible to either prove or disprove.  It reminds me of some of the debates we had on here about running backs of offensive lines in years gone by.  "Even Jim Brown of Gayle Sayers would not have been able to make any yards behind THAT OL".

Denzel Mims is not Randy Moss.  He almost certainly did not commit some kind of an ethical infraction like getting the owner's wife pregnant or something like that.  It is insane to think that a rookie-year coaching staff is going to cut off their own noses just to spite their face and keep Mims on the bench as some kind of a messaging play to Mims and the rest of the team.  Failed rookie coaches will often never get another chance for their entire NFL careers so that idea does not pass the smell test either.

Occam's razor (paraphrased): "the simplest explanation is usually the best one." or in other words, Mims is not seeing the field on game day because the coaching staff do not feel that he is currently good enough to do so.  Period.  i know that means we picked ourselves a dud in the 2nd round but that may be the beginning, middle and end of the story no matter how much we wish it otherwise.

This rookie coaching class sent out a rookie QB to be slaughtered.   It's insane to think they actually know what they are doing.  

FYI I didn't compare him to Randy Moss.  The reality is our HC very clearly stated he didn't know the scheme. It's absolutely clear we have many players on our O right now who can't execute or don't know the scheme. 

If you want to say Douglas blew last years draft have at it.  If you want to say our rookie coaching staff knows what they are doing have at it.

This not knowing the scheme just sounds like horsesh*t.  Don Maynard is in the HOF because Joe Namath drew up plays in the dirt and Maynard ran them.  Rich Caster put up some huge games and he ran 1 route.  There are plenty of dogs in the NFL with bad attitudes and low interest who are making contributions on good teams.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Biggs said:

This rookie coaching class sent out a rookie QB to be slaughtered.   It's insane to think they actually know what they are doing.  

FYI I didn't compare him to Randy Moss.  The reality is our HC very clearly stated he didn't know the scheme. It's absolutely clear we have many players on our O right now who can't execute or don't know the scheme. 

If you want to say Douglas blew last years draft have at it.  If you want to say our rookie coaching staff knows what they are doing have at it.

This not knowing the scheme just sounds like horsesh*t.  Don Maynard is in the HOF because Joe Namath drew up plays in the dirt and Maynard ran them.  Rich Caster put up some huge games and he ran 1 route.  There are plenty of dogs in the NFL with bad attitudes and low interest who are making contributions on good teams.  

Namath drew up plays in the dirt and then Maynard ran those plays.  Maybe that is exactly what Mims cannot do.  I don't know I am not inside the bubble.  I just don't think the idea that they are committing professional suicide by keeping a player on the bench without justification while the team is losing horribly does not pass a smell test.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, EM31 said:

Namath drew up plays in the dirt and then Maynard ran those plays.  Maybe that is exactly what Mims cannot do.  I don't know I am not inside the bubble.  I just don't think the idea that they are committing professional suicide by keeping a player on the bench without justification while the team is losing horribly does not pass a smell test.

They may be commiting professional suicide by trying to run a zone blocking scheme with players who can't do it.  

It may not be suicide.  They may simply be ODing on incompetence?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Namath drew up plays in the dirt and then Maynard ran those plays.  Maybe that is exactly what Mims cannot do.  I don't know I am not inside the bubble.  I just don't think the idea that they are committing professional suicide by keeping a player on the bench without justification while the team is losing horribly does not pass a smell test.


Not much dirt in the NFL these days.
However if Mims played week 1, did he forget the playbook?


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...