Jump to content

Recommended Posts

You're right, something needs to change and it's up to Saleh. 

Personally, I think the best and easiest option right now is to trim down the offense. It seems as though the CS has tried to cram way too much into a limited amount of time and guys are just not understanding assignments. Trim it back, focus and perfect certain packages and expand from there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

Not at all encouraged, like the rest of you, by what is transpiring on the field.  I was squarely in the "Darnold and build around him" camp.  But once gone, I was all in on Zach, because... well, I am cursed as a fan of this putrid organization.  Call it the underdog factor, whatever... but I digress.

The only way out from here is hoping that Saleh, who I do believe is a natural leader, realizes how to adapt to adversity.  La Fleur is on the ropes, so are several players, starting notably with GVR.  The failure to bring in a McCown type is mind-boggling to me.  Knapp's loss cannot be over-stated.  If he is a CEO, he has to admit it and pivot.  Saleh has to make changes, and the toughest one for him will be conceding that La Fleur, his buddy, is not ready.  Does he make the necessary changes?  Does he bring in a Norv-Turner type to right the ship?  Is that guy Matt Cavanaugh--debatable.  This is his test.  If he fails (and I don't think we've even scratched the surface of making that determination), then we are further back in the abyss.  

What matters not is what you do when you are at the top, but what you do when you are knocked on the ground.  This is a critical moment for Saleh.  Next few weeks will tell us if he can begin to right the ship, or whether we have a major problem on our hands.

some good points although i think the player on the ropes right now is davis.  davis had that good game to start the season and has been nearly absent against the patsies and now denver.  he's making a good case to bring in mims even if he doesn't know his whole job.  if he makes a move on lafleur i don't think it happens until the break.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

I’m as pissed off as anyone, but I’m starting to see why @#27TheDominator keeps wandering into these threads, muttering to himself, and wandering back out. You’re seriously proposing that we replace our offensive coordinator with an outside hire less than a month into the season?

No, they brought on Cavanaugh for a reason.  You can bring on another advisor.  Does not need to be an overt hire.  Send LaFleur up in the booth.  No one on the outside needs to know how they are dividing responsibilities.  But they need to bail out La Fleur.  It is painfully obvious.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I’m as pissed off as anyone, but I’m starting to see why @#27TheDominator keeps wandering into these threads, muttering to himself, and wandering back out. You’re seriously proposing that we replace our offensive coordinator with an outside hire less than a month into the season?

^

This also describes me at home and work.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

I don't see Saleh changing anything...he seems to be more concerned about imposing his will and philosophy than anything else...it's damn the torpedoes in his mind...JD has become weak and intimidated by Saleh...he's letting the HC publicly emasculate him over the Mims pick...  

On the rare day when we all come together as jets fans in anger, there is always one guy that has to go completely off the rails.  

Zero indication JD is opposed to Mims benching.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I will tell you what they will do.  Make some token BS change.  Like move LaFleur up to the booth.  Then they will run into a patsy of a team like Atlanta or the Colts.  They will have some success and people will rant about how this is how it always should have been.   They got steamrolled by two good defenses with excellent experienced defensive head coaches.  The teams they played are 1,2 and 4 in overall D if I am not mistaken.  Some of that comes from success against the Jets, but they scored more points against Carolina than anybody.  

I will repeat something I have been saying.  This is not a good team.  That has always been obvious.  If you thought they would get off to a good start, you were delusional.  The question is are they headed in the right direction?  The answer may very well be yes, but the board is already flying banners and curled up in the fetal position.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phillyjet said:

Not at all encouraged, like the rest of you, by what is transpiring on the field.  I was squarely in the "Darnold and build around him" camp.  But once gone, I was all in on Zach, because... well, I am cursed as a fan of this putrid organization.  Call it the underdog factor, whatever... but I digress.

The only way out from here is hoping that Saleh, who I do believe is a natural leader, realizes how to adapt to adversity.  La Fleur is on the ropes, so are several players, starting notably with GVR.  The failure to bring in a McCown type is mind-boggling to me.  Knapp's loss cannot be over-stated.  If he is a CEO, he has to admit it and pivot.  Saleh has to make changes, and the toughest one for him will be conceding that La Fleur, his buddy, is not ready.  Does he make the necessary changes?  Does he bring in a Norv-Turner type to right the ship?  Is that guy Matt Cavanaugh--debatable.  This is his test.  If he fails (and I don't think we've even scratched the surface of making that determination), then we are further back in the abyss.  

What matters not is what you do when you are at the top, but what you do when you are knocked on the ground.  This is a critical moment for Saleh.  Next few weeks will tell us if he can begin to right the ship, or whether we have a major problem on our hands.

I dont see him do anything during season and besides, it's only been 3 games but he definitely needs to take a hard look at about the staff he's chosen to develop Zach.  And I agree, it will be a test. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bgivs21 said:

You're right, something needs to change and it's up to Saleh. 

Personally, I think the best and easiest option right now is to trim down the offense. It seems as though the CS has tried to cram way too much into a limited amount of time and guys are just not understanding assignments. Trim it back, focus and perfect certain packages and expand from there. 

Agree.   Perhaps a 2 TE offense with at least one ball carrier in the backfield for blocking/chip.  The are not going to win games, so they should at least save the QBs career/life  Lots of running with extra blockers up front and high percentage short passing, screens, slants, hitches, pay action, misdirection 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

images.png

I don't believe in no win situations... Hopefully neither do Saleh or Zach. We need some cool heads - they only get out of this by showing progress and putting points in the board. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, heymangold said:

It’s been 3 games with a bad team. 

Reminder:  This town ran Adam Gase out of town after 4 games.  (With a 3rd string quarterback, no less). 

I hope Saleh’s ticket to London is refundable.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Reminder:  This town ran Adam Gase out of town after 4 games.  (With a 3rd string quarterback, no less). 

I hope Saleh’s ticket to London is refundable.

SAR I

Did we? I remember him here for 2 of the worst seasons I’ve ever seen.  At least Saleh hasn’t been deemed to be coaching where football is going like Gase.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

3 u-g-l-y games. 

Nothing positive. 

 

51 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

That he’s the leader of

I get it / and he’s never done it before.  Preseason was shortened, so it’s almost like they’ve had 2 regular season games.  Steve Young says September is basically the preseason still - he’s not wrong.

the starters played what, 8-10 drives in the preseason?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

3 u-g-l-y games. 

Nothing positive. 

You are so right. sh*t is bleak.

0-3 and losing close games with our rookies progressing and competing 

vs. 

0-3 and our reality are two different stratospheres 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Did we? I remember him here for 2 of the worst seasons I’ve ever seen.  At least Saleh hasn’t been deemed to be coaching where football is going like Gase.

The fans turned up the heat and started the billboards and planes in motion in Week 4 of his first season.

To expect patience this time when we were promised so much more is naïve.

You can't have a victory lap for Adam Gase when his replacement is markedly worse.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pichula said:

I am afraid saleh is as lost as LeFleur when it comes to how to fix the offense 

according to saleh this is “the best offensive system in the world” 

 

In a world of sh!t

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dbatesman said:

I’m as pissed off as anyone, but I’m starting to see why @#27TheDominator keeps wandering into these threads, muttering to himself, and wandering back out. You’re seriously proposing that we replace our offensive coordinator with an outside hire less than a month into the season?

Of course he is. Why the hell not? Beats the hell out of having patience 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SAR I said:

The fans turned up the heat and started the billboards and planes in motion in Week 4 of his first season.

To expect patience this time when we were promised so much more is naïve.

You can't have a victory lap for Adam Gase when his replacement is markedly worse.

SAR I

Not sure what you feel you were promised but I’m pretty sure right after training camp Saleh told us it’s gonna be ugly and get worse before it gets better. One of you is full of shit and the other is spot on, I’ll hang up and listen to your answer. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Reminder:  This town ran Adam Gase out of town after 4 games.  (With a 3rd string quarterback, no less). 

I hope Saleh’s ticket to London is refundable.

SAR I

He was here 2 fing years. Stop with this bullsh*t. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

If this was a multiple choice test they would be "none of the above". 

No multiple choice. Only essay questions, but it's written in a language you don't understand about a topic you've never heard of, and instead of giving you a #2 pencil, the prompter gives you LSD.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...