Jamal Adams update (Gonna throw the masses a ?)

KO91

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

You're upset, I get it.  You're very passionate about this subject and I've owned your little tushy the entire way, and it bothers you so much so that you get very frustrated and start hurling insults and it's very unsettling behavior that makes me worry about you.

So lets revisit my take on Jamal Adams:

My position was, I'd resign Jamal Adams unless someone blows you away with a deal.  Then Jamal started shooting his way out and at some point said, I want to be traded and I dont care if I get a contract extension.  You remember (because I know you do), that's when I said, ok, trade him but hold for a 1st.  You and your butt licking buddy, T0mShane, said I was crazy and you'd settle for a 5th round pick.  The Jets received not 1 but 2, first round picks.  I laughed at you both for being dumb dumbs and reveled in my rightness.  Then he broke a record, the Seahawks made the playoffs and the contract was just the icing on the cake.  

I owned you and continue to own you on this topic.  The fact that you feel the need to tag me to share information on something I could literally not give 2 sh*ts about, proves that I own space rent free in your Jamal Adams obsessed head.

80 - I won.  Big time.  And the margin of victory gets larger and larger and larger every time your try and act like you're still in the game.  This was a boat race and you were in a canoe. 

LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Granted I’m not hanging out in any of Jacksonville’s finest Applebees watching local homeless randos fingerblast each other at the bar, but my life is relatively sweet despite all that

They dont let your kind into Applebees in Jacksonville, way to fine of an establishment. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He has 1 TFL, 0 sacks, 0 QB Hits, 0 QB Hurries, 0 QB Knockdowns, 0 QB Pressures, 0 FF's and 0 FR's in the first four games of the season.  

And why is that?  They're blitzing him less (only 10 blitzes so far this season).  And why are they blitzing him less?  Because he tends to suffer multi-game injuries when he blitzes too much due to being an undersized WLB going up against giant OT's.  

So what good is he now, exactly?

Small sample size comparative to his career.  This could all change in the next four games.  

I’m not defending the guy.  I’m pointing out the good and the bad.  The bad outweighs the good in my opinion due to his position.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BallinPB said:

Small sample size comparative to his career.  This could all change in the next four games.  

So they're going to start blitzing him more, you're saying?  Because he tends to get hurt that way, and they can't afford that after paying him all that coin.  It's a catch-22 situation.  

lmao.   The Adams-led defense allowed 3 combined passing TD's to Jimmy Garoppolo and Trey Lance (322 total passing yards), 143 rushing yards, and forced just 1 turnover Adams had nothing to do with. 

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2021/10/05/jamal-adams-seahawks-defense-got-swagger-confidence-back/

Jamal Adams says Seahawks defense 'got our swagger and confidence back'

After suffering back-to-back losses against the Tennessee Titans and Minnesota Vikings and falling to 1-2, the Seattle Seahawks needed to bounce back against the San Francisco 49ers to keep up with their chief rivals in the race for the NFC West. They did just that, bringing them a game behind the Los Angeles Rams, who they will play on Thursday.

The offense sprung to life in the second half and the defense finally managed to get off the field. Safety Jamal Adams discussed the defense rebounding from a disastrous performance in Week 3 in his postgame interview.

“We just got our swagger and our confidence back,” Adams said. “That was kind of stated in an interview, I said before the game that things would change, as far as our swagger and our confidence, believing in one another, and we came out and we proved that.”

Adams mentioned that the defense had to put their heads together and not let past performances dictate the outcome of future games, especially against a division rival.

“I just think that when you drop two games… obviously guys’ heads are down, guys might feel like it’s their fault or whatnot, but at the end of the day we’re in this together. It’s a team sport and we came out and we competed.”

With 13 games left, the Seahawks have plenty of time to rectify their lingering issues and catch up with their rivals. However, they head home for a crucial matchup against the Rams on a short week. They must build on their performance against the 49ers and give Sean McVay’s squad everything they have.

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They must build on their performance against the 49ers and give Sean McVay’s squad everything they have.

Watching the Seahawks defense get choke-slammed by the Rams on Thursday night will be like Christmas in October. McVay targeted and humiliated Adams in the playoffs with Goff at QB. Imagine the bloodletting that he’ll oversee with Stafford. Must-see viewing to watch Jamal get rinsed. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Watching the Seahawks defense get choke-slammed by the Rams on Thursday night will be like Christmas in October. McVay targeted and humiliated Adams in the playoffs with Goff at QB. Imagine the bloodletting that he’ll oversee with Stafford. Must-see viewing to watch Jamal get rinsed. 

But those dance moves when he tackles Sony Michel for a 1-yard loss that one time will be epic

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

In Adams' defense, if he could just catch a break and be on the field in the waning minutes of a blowout, he may very well be ready for career INT #3 against a backup in garbage time!

Adams lovers might have to wait to 12/26 for career INT #3

That’s when he will be facing Justin Fields

25 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Adams lovers might have to wait to 12/26 for career INT #3

That’s when he will be facing Justin Fields

Then die a little  more inside as he drops it to the turf. But slap  is his hands together briskly and make a over rehearsed made angry face as the announcer say,” Adams attempt at that pick was insane, effort  unmatched, amazing to watch him play!” 

• Haha 3

On 10/5/2021 at 9:08 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

“We just got our swagger and our confidence back,” Adams said. “That was kind of stated in an interview, I said before the game that things would change, as far as our swagger and our confidence, believing in one another, and we came out and we proved that.”

Funny how Jamal and company had their "swagger" when they played the Colts with a broken Wentz making his first start after missing the preseason and against the 49'ds who lost their QB in the game and squeaked out a one score win.

• Post of the Week 1

On 10/5/2021 at 10:04 PM, The Crusher said:

Then die a little  more inside as he drops it to the turf. But slap  is his hands together briskly and make a over rehearsed made angry face as the announcer say,” Adams attempt at that pick was insane, effort  unmatched, amazing to watch him play!” 

"He plays sideline to sideline giving 125% Troy"

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Update thru 5 games:

• 0 sacks (on 13 blitz attempts)
    • NOTE:  Chandler Jones (ARI) has 5.0 sacks on 12 blitz attempts
    • NOTE:  Leonard Floyd (LAR) has 3.0 sacks on 11 blitz attempts
    • NOTE:  Harold Landry (TEN) has 2.5 sacks on 13 blitz attempts
    • NOTE:  Markus Golden (ARI) has 2.0 sacks on 11 blitz attempts)
    • NOTE:  S Brandon Jones (MIA) has 2.0 sacks on 10 blitz attempts
    • NOTE:  Haason Reddick (CAR) has 4.5 sacks on 16 blitz attempts
  • 1 Pass Deflection
  • 0 INT's
  • 26 Solo Tackles
  • 2 TFLs
  • 3 Missed Tackles
  • 0 FF's 
  • 0 FR's
  • 0 QB Hits
  • 0 QB Knockdowns
  • 0 QB Hurries
  • 0 QB Pressures
  • 9 completions allowed on 15 targets
  • 118.5 QB Rating when targeted (55th highest in NFL)
  • 10.6 yards allowed per target (t-38th most in NFL)
  • 17.7 yards allowed per completion (23rd most in NFL)
  • 93 YAC allowed (21st most in NFL)
  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Another fun stat for Blitz Boy:  There are 35 players in the league with at least 12 blitz attempts so far.  Jamal Adams is one of just 3 of those players who hasn't recorded a Sack, QB Hurry, QB Knockdown OR QB Pressure.  The others are KC ILB Ben Niemann (2018 UDFA) and 32-year old Demario Davis. 

The list of players who DO have at least one impactful play on the QB includes the likes of the following:

• OLB Jonathan Garvin (2020 7th rounder):  12 blitzes, 0.5 Sacks, 2 QB Knockdowns, 3 QB Pressures
  • LB Kaden Elliss (2019 7th rounder):  12 blitzes, 1 QB Hurry, 2 QB Knockdowns, 3 QB Pressures
  • OLB Jordan Hicks (2015 3rd rounder):  12 blitzes, 1.0 Sacks, 1 QB Hurry, 2 QB Pressures
  • LB Andrew Van Ginkel (2019 5th rounder):  13 blitzes, 0.5 Sacks, 1 QB Hurry, 3 QB Knockdowns, 5 QB Pressures
  • SS Malcolm Jenkins (34 years old):  13 blitzes, 1 QB Hurry, 1 QB pressure
  • LB Cole Holcomb (2019 5th rounder):  15 blitzes, 1 QB Hurry, 1 QB Knockdown, 2 QB Pressures
  • S L'Jarius Sneed (2020 4th rounder):  18 blitzes, 1.0 Sacks, 2 QB Hurries, 3 QB Pressures
  • LB Foyesade Olokun (2018 6th rounder):  19 blitzes, 1.0 Sacks, 2 QB Hurries, 3 QB Knockdowns, 6 QB Pressures
  • OLB Jerome Baker (2018 3rd rounder):  20 blitzes, 1 QB Hurry, 1 QB Knockdown, 2 QB Pressures
  • LB Malik Reed (2019 UDFA):  21 blitzes, 1.0 Sacks, 6 QB Hurries, 2 QB Knockdowns, 9 QB Pressures

Conclusion:  Jamal Adams also sucks at the one thing he's supposed to be good at.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, viffer said:

And let's not forget the 68 yard completion and the touchdown he gave up last night!

His coverage skills (or lack thereof) are legendary...

Yep, covered that!

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:
  • 118.5 QB Rating when targeted (55th highest in NFL)
  • 10.6 yards allowed per target (t-38th most in NFL)
  • 17.7 yards allowed per completion (23rd most in NFL)
  • 93 YAC allowed (21st most in NFL)

• Haha 1

Last night's 3rd quarter could be grounds to emphatically determine Jamal Adams is not an NFL player. Don't recall any occasion that so exposed a player as a complete disaster. If you think we are laughing, imagine being Seattle's GM today. Might never talk to Joe Douglas at an NFL meeting ever again, that is, if he still has a job when this season is over. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Last night's 3rd quarter could be grounds to emphatically determine Jamal Adams is not an NFL player. Don't recall any occasion that so exposed a player as a complete disaster. If you think we are laughing, imagine being Seattle's GM today. Might never talk to Joe Douglas at an NFL meeting ever again, that is, if he still has a job when this season is over. 

He just received an extension this past offseason.  lmao.

In any case the Adams trade was Pete Carroll-driven.  So I think both he and Schneider just made their bed and now have to lie in it.  Neither they nor Jamal are likely going anywhere until 2024.

• Upvote 2

ive said it before and ill say it again...Jamal talks a good game, but he has all the qualities of a losing player. He only cares about himself, he takes no responsibility, and he grandstands about everything without actually believing anything he is saying. he will end up like one of these aging NBA players hooking up with someone who will maybe get him a ring...but more likely he will just be a box safety for a few more years until he fades into obscurity.

• Post of the Week 3