Joe Beningo: “Robert Saleh is too nice of a guy”

KO91

2 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Ofcourse he wanted the Jets job.  He needed a job and the media bought into the silly Aaron Rodgers narrative that he was “holding him back”

Yeah the whole GB narrative that's always pushed is a crock....first it was McCarthy was holding him back then it was there's not enough talent on the team.   The team literally has a top 5 WR and RB and a solid D every year yet he still holds out and complains.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, undertow said:

Yeah the whole GB narrative that's always pushed is a crock....first it was McCarthy was holding him back then it was there's not enough talent on the team.   The team literally has a top 5 WR and RB and a solid D every year yet he still holds out and complains.

And the McCarthy bashers were acting like he sucked in GB. He had won a super bowl, multiple NFCGs, made the playoffs like 14 years in a row.  Can the Jets suck like that?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

And the McCarthy bashers were acting like he sucked in GB. He had won a super bowl, multiple NFCGs, made the playoffs like 14 years in a row.  Can the Jets suck like that?

I'm not a big McCarthy guy but arguing a failed coach from Miami whos anti social is a better choice to mentor a young QB over a guy who won a SB and made the playoffs 9 years in a row is such a Jet fan argument. lol

• Upvote 1

Just now, undertow said:

I'm not a big McCarthy guy but arguing a failed coach from Miami whos anti social is a better choice to mentor a young QB over a guy who won a SB and made the playoffs 9 years in a row is such a Jet fan argument. lol

McCarthy was my first choice but I’ll be honest Gase was my second choice.  I knew there were red flags but I Had no idea he would be the disaster he was here.   Really a toxic inept scumbag

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, KO91 said:

Said it on his podcast. Joe was actually more alarmed about Saleh than Wilson. Interesting stuff. 

yeah it sure it not an overreaction to think the coaching is the problem when our rookie qb, team, coaching staff have some issues the first couple of games. The coaching must be the problem...

give me a break. 

3 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

You are loving this aren’t you. OP just always seems to post all the negatives. Yes we get it the Jets are a mess. 

You saw the title of the thread he started, you decided to read the OP anyway, then you’re bitching about the guy being negative?

Here’s an idea. When you think someone is too negative, either don’t read his OP, or talk about what you think the positives are with this team.

Trust me, Rather than seeing you complain the guy isn’t glass half full enough for you, we’d much rather read the silver linings you’re finding in this mess. We’d all enjoy it, because the rest of us are having trouble finding any.

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Joe Beningo is a characatur if the dumbest end of our fan base. 

Stop taking cues from a guy whose whole career has been built in impersonating your worst traits.

caricature

kăr′ĭ-kə-choo͝r″, -chər

noun

1. A representation, especially pictorial or literary, in which the subject's distinctive features or peculiarities are deliberately exaggerated to produce a comic or grotesque effect.
  2. The art of creating such representations.
  3. A grotesque imitation or misrepresentation.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

Confessions of a train wreck tv watcher: Pot Calling the ...
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:
caricature

kăr′ĭ-kə-choo͝r″, -chər

noun

1. A representation, especially pictorial or literary, in which the subject's distinctive features or peculiarities are deliberately exaggerated to produce a comic or grotesque effect.
  2. The art of creating such representations.
  3. A grotesque imitation or misrepresentation.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

Confessions of a train wreck tv watcher: Pot Calling the ...

I fat tiger every thing these days. Haha

• Haha 1

i don't know how he knows Saleh isn't tough enough. isn't he paying attention to the whole Mims thing.

whatever the reason Saleh is being tough with him. if Joe was right about Saleh wouldn't he take a different approach on that situation? 

im sure Mims would have been playing if he wasn't tough enough

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, doitny said:

i don't know how he knows Saleh isn't tough enough. isn't he paying attention to the whole Mims thing.

whatever the reason Saleh is being tough with him. if Joe was right about Saleh wouldn't he take a different approach on that situation? 

Now you did it, Matt will want to know where your podcast is.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, doitny said:

Putting a single player in the doghouse isnt being tough. He may not like mims personally.

53 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Putting a single player in the doghouse isnt being tough. He may not like mims personally.

that could be true. but that doesn't answer why Joe KNOWS Saleh is not tough enough. i want some kind of proof or example. did Joe give any? or is it just because Saleh has a personality so he cant be mean?

19 hours ago, KO91 said:

Said it on his podcast. Joe was actually more alarmed about Saleh than Wilson. Interesting stuff. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/oh-the-pain-podcast-with-joe-benigno/id1586455556

The news here is that Joe Benigno started a podcast. That would have been the name of the thread if I found out about it. I and I'm sure most people on this board didn't know that. How did you even find it? Thanks for the heads up.

15 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

You saw the title of the thread he started, you decided to read the OP anyway, then you’re bitching about the guy being negative?

Here’s an idea. When you think someone is too negative, either don’t read his OP, or talk about what you think the positives are with this team.

Trust me, Rather than seeing you complain the guy isn’t glass half full enough for you, we’d much rather read the silver linings you’re finding in this mess. We’d all enjoy it, because the rest of us are having trouble finding any.

Well same goes for you taking the time out to tell me what to post and what not to. 
Take a look at OP’s history of threads started  and tell me what you think. It’s a message board for discussions about our wonderful NYJ. If a poster only starts inflammatory threads that trolls fans over and over I will state my opinion as you have yours. There is a way to ignore my posts so you have that going for you, which is nice. 

I keep coming back to this. Of all the takes we’ve heard about the Jets this week, the idea that kindness is a fault is probably the most idiotic.

I lead with kindness. Always. My teams deliver the best work of their careers, my employees “graduate@ to the next level of their careers, we do meaningful work, and my expectations are profound.

Being a prick isn’t the leadership quality that gets results. Accountability, expectation-setting, trust, and putting people in a position to thrive are those qualities. Parcells had these, he just happened to be an ass too - but, that’s not why he was good.

Thrres a lot wrong with the Jets right now, and 10+ years of bad GM work will lead you here… but, being a good human isn’t one of Sakeh’s faults. It’s probably the strength that will lead him thru this adversity, to be honest.

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I keep coming back to this. Of all the takes we’ve heard about the Jets this week, the idea that kindness is a fault is probably the most idiotic.

I lead with kindness. Always. My teams deliver the best work of their careers, my employees “graduate@ to the next level of their careers, we do meaningful work, and my expectations are profound.

Being a prick isn’t the leadership quality that gets results. Accountability, expectation-setting, trust, and putting people in a position to thrive are those qualities. Parcells had these, he just happened to be an ass too - but, that’s not why he was good.

Thrres a lot wrong with the Jets right now, and 10+ years of bad GM work will lead you here… but, being a good human isn’t one of Sakeh’s faults. It’s probably the strength that will lead him thru this adversity, to be honest.

Not sure what work you do, but business leadership is different from football leadership. 

He is leading many inmature young men. If leave the leash to long, things will go wrong. You can be a good human and discipline folks at the same time while striking a firm tone. He's not their friend, he's their boss. 

16 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

What’s scary is thinking whatever Beningo says is interesting or accurate. Especially now that he has no access to the team 

The first part of your statement makes sense. The second part doesn't. Do you think he doesn't have access to people who follow the Jets? He also has access to TV broadcasts like we do. 

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Not sure what work you do, but business leadership is different from football leadership. 

He is leading many inmature young men. If leave the leash to long, things will go wrong. You can be a good human and discipline folks at the same time while striking a firm tone. He's not their friend, he's their boss. 

I am a retired special forces commander.

Teach me moar about leadership, please.

16 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The first part of your statement makes sense. The second part doesn't. Do you think he doesn't have access to people who follow the Jets? He also has access to TV broadcasts like we do. 

tbh I think Benigno's access to the Jets was a radio spot some free chicken wings and maybe a box of crayons.