Joe Beningo: “Robert Saleh is too nice of a guy”

KO91

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I am a retired special forces commander.

Teach me moar about leadership, please.

Then you know better then ever privates gona be privates sometimes.....

Can't let em run wild with direction from the E4 mafia...

I think  Saleh can implement more discipline. All I see is penalties and guys running wild on Twitter. Not a good early look. 

16 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Then you know better then ever privates gona be privates sometimes.....

Can't let em run wild with direction from the E4 mafia...

I think  Saleh can implement more discipline. All I see is penalties and guys running wild on Twitter. Not a good early look. 

There are different methods to teaching accountability and consequence.

I’m not pleased with how the Jets are playing, but to extrapolate it into trivial things like “too nice” is simply a leap in logic by a fanbase that is obsessed with trivializing blame and reasons.

The fact is, thus is the worst roster in football and all the people were looking to for answers are first-timers who will needs space and time to develop their own ‘way’ of doing things, both at a micro and macro level.

Fans crying for discipline have no discipline over their own thoughts, behaviors and actions. Focus on what we, as individuals, can control - which is how we react.

Sure, I’m not pleased. I’m also not acting like a compete nincompoop over it.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The first part of your statement makes sense. The second part doesn't. Do you think he doesn't have access to people who follow the Jets? He also has access to TV broadcasts like we do. 

No.  I don’t think he has access to the locker room and is drawing those conclusions from Salehs interviews and pressers.   Who after a while 3 games is going to say he’s too nice?  Beningo never covered the team, he was an on air radio guy.  Who destroyed the Jets.  Before the new regime and almost every player. 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No.  I don’t think he has access to the locker room and is drawing those conclusions from Salehs interviews and pressers.   Who after a while 3 games is going to say he’s too nice?  Beningo never covered the team, he was an on air radio guy.  Who destroyed the Jets.  Before the new regime and almost every player. 

Do you think he doesn't have access to people who follow the Jets? 

10 hours ago, The Crusher said:

OMG with this happy horse sh*t! “ That coach is too mean and hard in the guys to be successful.” That coach is just too nice and supportive to be successful.” So does this mean if Robert Saleh and Joe Judge had a baby he/she would be Vince Lombardi? 

I mean this training camp made Herm's bbq camps look like the Junction Boys. You have to tackle and practice hitting "all gas no brake" stuff in camp especially with a young team. Saleh literally came in with this all gas no brake thing and practices were all under 2 hours in shorts and t's spare a few. Im not saying they needed punitive high school stuff like laps, but you gotta practice full tilt in full gear to prepare for a season. Taking it easy in camp certainly hasn't helped on the injury front either.  Sure enough the team who had light practices can't block anyone and looks unprepared overall.

• Sympathy 1