***OFFICIAL SOLUTIONS THREAD*** How would YOU solve the Jets problems?

TerrapinJet

For me its immediately give Saleh a 10 year contract extension. We somehow managed to find a HC worse than the worst HC in history (Adam Gase) but whats definitely not working is the HC merry go round. Find someone and stick to it. Maybe he'll learn, maybe he won't, but the constant switching only serves to ensure decades of futility.  This is the official position. Have a nice day. Let me know how youd solve it. 

• Thumb Down 6
  • Haha 2

Clean house in January. Everyone. Hit reset. 

Bring in Veteran Coach. New GM gets aggressive in FA and actually drafts good players with 22 picks. 

Team look totally different in 22. Zach seetles down with a real line and someone coaching him who doesn't look 12. 

Fan base is happy. 23 playoffs baby

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4

They need to find a Parcells type coach that can run the whole organization. 

The only guys with that kind of clout are BB, Andy Reid, and Sean Payton. 

Of those 3 Sean Payton would be the only one who would possibly want the job. He’s been in NO a long time and could be enticed for another massive payday. If I am the Johnsons I would do everything in my power to get him. That would include giving NO the first overall pick. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 1

Seriously consider moving on at OC depending on how the rest of the season goes.

Add pass rush and a day 2 corner and leave the defense alone otherwise to focus on the offense.

Commit to being able to run the football and allow the offense to have that identify while trying to develop Wilson.

That starts with quitting messing around with gradually finding potential fixes on the OL and actually fixing the OL. So C, RG, and likely RT all need to be new starters with no bringing in a new C to move McGovern to guard type stuff.

At least one of those (probably RG) has to be a Lawson type FA splurge and center should probably be an AVT style “make sure we don’t lose this guy” approach to bringing in Tyler Linderbaum. Whether it’s a new starting RT drafted or not some long-term Becton insurance/pushing should be acquired too.

The other thing with the run game is seriously considering spending something like a second round pick on a RB with some juice who can also be involved in the passing game. Huge help for a young QB. 

Along those lines with huge help for a young QB, add at tight end. Somehow the Pats got all the quality young FA’s at the position last year. Think this is a free agency acquisition and a reasonably high draft pick.

And don’t stop adding weapons at WR. The depth there is better but there still aren’t enough guys on the field who stress defenses out. Keep adding explosiveness. Too easy for defenses to be aggressive at all levels of the field because theres not really a serious threat they’re going to get beaten for a big play.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1. Trade for 2 OL that can actually block and keep our new QB upright... Priority #1. ( I know that's a tall order given the season has already started).
  2. Saleh has to take even more control of the team then he already does. He and Ulbrich are doing a decent job, he needs to tell his other buddy LaFleur to step it up. He also needs to tone down his friend zone approach and get more demanding of the players, or otherwise sit those who don't perform and try others. (FREE MIMS)...
  3. Someone sit down with LaFleur, from the outside of the org to bounce philosophy off of (like a Mike Shanahan). Make him go up in the booth, or even more ballsy hire a more experienced OC and let him continue to learn. (at this rate we won't have anything to worry about with other org's poaching our coaches)...
  4. Draft Center, Guard, and either tackle position in 2022 draft within the 1st 4 rounds.
  5. Where do I continue lol...
  • Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

Quality over quantity. We added a lot bodies which we needed for depth purposes but we need high level players at key positions. I would leave the CS and FO alone.

For this year, I would let the process play out unless an opportunity presents itself at the trade deadline.

For next year, sign a Top RG even if we have to trade a 3rd or a 4th. There areca couple of guys that could hit FA. Same with the TE positions. But even if guys get franchised, deal round 3 and 4 picks to get it done. Over spend at RG and TE if we need to.

In the draft, get a type flight corner. I dont want to here that this scheme uses 4th rounders. Blah blah. Get me a corner that QBs fear. Derek Stingley with our top pick. Unless Lawson we think Lawson can’t recover in which case go edge.

Draft Tyler Linderbaum with the Seattle first.

The rest is more difficult to spit ball but use the rest of the draft to add depth at OL, TE, LB and S.

• Sympathy 1

I would hire a proven winner and the only way this works is you have to vastly over pay him-take the leagues highest gm salary and 5x it -give him power to hire the entire staff-the cubs did this with theo and won a ring after a century.  

I have no problem with a rebuild if the guy doing the building has actually done it before. What I do have a problem with is bad hire after bad hire and having to wait 3 years to move on. 

I have historically commented that ocs get the blame more than any other part of a team when it goes bad and have often defended them.  This to me is a big problem with the Jets.  The offensive scheme is bad.  It has such a narrow focus and has such a reliance on certain types of players it utterly fails if things re not 100% executed on the oline and if you do not exactly the type of player to fit the system. 

The object of the game should be to get good players and adapt your system to good players, we also see this on defense, skip getting good players because we want guys to fit the system.

The worst art of this cycle is the GM spends 3 years getting payers to fit the system, front office and coach turnover and your team is loaded with players that do not 'fit' the next guys system.

LaFleur and to a lesser extend Saleh need to step back and adjust their systems to get the most out of their players.

• Post of the Week 1

45 minutes ago, TerrapinJet said:

For me its immediately give Saleh a 10 year contract extension. We somehow managed to find a HC worse than the worst HC in history (Adam Gase) but whats definitely not working is the HC merry go round. Find someone and stick to it. Maybe he'll learn, maybe he won't, but the constant switching only serves to ensure decades of futility.  This is the official position. Have a nice day. Let me know how youd solve it. 

What exactly does Saleh do, that you've seen in your estimation after all of 3 games that qualifies him as worse than Gase or Katie?  Really, give examples, did the team quit, has he bungled the clock, has he punted when he should have gone for it, I'm curious because other than a lack of talent I cant figure out what hes done to catch blame, never mind this level of nonsense

• Thumb Down 1

Immediate actions would be to replace underperforming players where they can.

• Mims over Smith
  • Feeney/Reserve over Van Roten
  • Perine and Adams over Johnson

The Jets need to shake up the scouting department.  Players evaluations have been subpar.

The Jets need to make a concerted effort to add proven talent via free agency.  The bargain shopping has not worked well.

Lafleur needs to prove that he can adjust his scheme and play calling to achieve better results.  If not, then he needs to be let go at the end of the season.

We are stuck with Douglas and Saleh for better or worse.  Need to see things though with them.  The approach has been good, the execution in drafts and free agency has been poor.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I would hire a proven winner and the only way this works is you have to vastly over pay him-take the leagues highest gm salary and 5x it -give him power to hire the entire staff-the cubs did this with theo and won a ring after a century.  

Who is the mystical, magical proven winner that is out there for us to overpay?  

And dont say Cowher, the guy has been saying he doesnt want to coach again for 16 years now.  

So who?  Whos the proven winner.  Its sounds good and is easy to say but...

• Sympathy 1

My plan is what is going to happen.  Finish out this year taking lump after lump.  Next year use abundance of picks and cap space to go hog wild.  That's been the plan all along, nobody seems to want it to be that it takes more than 1 year to do it all.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, KO91 said:

They need to find a Parcells type coach that can run the whole organization. 

The only guys with that kind of clout are BB, Andy Reid, and Sean Payton. 

Of those 3 Sean Payton would be the only one who would possibly want the job. He’s been in NO a long time and could be enticed for another massive payday. If I am the Johnsons I would do everything in my power to get him. That would include giving NO the first overall pick. 

Its looking more and more like BB is average.  Without Brady he aint so hot.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DoubleDown said:

Immediate actions would be to replace underperforming players where they can.

• Mims over Smith
  • Feeney/Reserve over Van Roten
  • Perine and Adams over Johnson

The Jets need to shake up the scouting department.  Players evaluations have been subpar.

The Jets need to make a concerted effort to add proven talent via free agency.  The bargain shopping has not worked well.

Lafleur needs to prove that he can adjust his scheme to achieve better results.  If not, then he needs to be let go at the end of the season.

Mims is said to be a lazy bum who cant learn his position.  We should reward this behavior?  I'm not sure thats what you do on a team this young in a rebuild stage

Feeney?  This isnt a different Feeney, its the one universally hated as a football player, not a hockey fan, all through camp?

Perines been injured, don t know why Adams hasnt been used.  I'd love to see him too.

I would think the plan for FA is to sign the high price FAs when the team is ready to take the next step to get all aligned, not have a Mosely like situation where is great play goes unnoticed on a team like this

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I have no problem with a rebuild if the guy doing the building has actually done it before. What I do have a problem with is bad hire after bad hire and having to wait 3 years to move on. 

You're so impatient... it's only been 20 years under Woody and 49 in total. Give it time.

We are the NEW BROWNS!!!!