***OFFICIAL SOLUTIONS THREAD*** How would YOU solve the Jets problems?

TerrapinJet

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Correct.  If you're going to make the claim that veteran mentors help rookie QB's more than your standard backup QB, you need to actually be able to make a case with some evidence. 

Since there are a lot of young QB's who succeeded and failed with or without the help of a veteran mentor, the onus on you is to provide the proof that your claim carries merit.  Saying "JOSH MCCOWN HELPS WAY MORE THAN MIKE WHITE EVER COULD BECAUSE HE'S BEEN DOING THIS SO LONG" really isn't enough.  

Well, I could say there are lots of young QB's who failed despite showing up for practice, and it would not be a valid argument against showing up for practice.

But here are several articles describing the efficacy of vet mentorship:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2850518-life-in-an-nfl-quarterback-room-how-the-prospect-mentor-dynamic-really-works

https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/Article/In-a-critical-offseason-Chicago-Bears-veterans-mentoring-rookies-is-crucial--148089786/

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/patriots-mac-jones-cam-newton-mentorship

https://torotimes.com/2021/06/04/texans-davis-mills-tyrod-taylor-mentor/

16 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

That's better.  There's definitely been plenty of young QB's crediting veteran mentors for helping them in their development.  However, I can also find similar articles of monumental busts saying similar things about veteran QB's.

Meanwhile, there was also an article I found about how Joe Flacco never even took Lamar Jackson's calls.  Doesn't seem to have hindered his growth at all.

I THOUGHT this team was pretty talented. Pretty improved? Well, I hope I turn out to be right but it APPEARS that this team is actually potentially one of the least talented in history? If that's the case? There are no answers. No solutions. Just a whole lot more green slime.....

Well he will be the QB for at least 3 years. Better buckle up. You could not be more deluded to think Zach was not a worthy 1st round QB prospect.

I guess when you consider that Josh Rosen and countless other sh*tty QB’s were 1st round prospects out of college I can see your perspective. You can call him a first round prospect if you like, what he’ll never be is a franchise QB. What you’ve seen from his is pretty much par for the course for what I expected from him thus far and I don’t see that changing. If he starts every game you’re looking at a 10-15 TD’s with 30+ Ints season.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

35 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I THOUGHT this team was pretty talented. Pretty improved? Well, I hope I turn out to be right but it APPEARS that this team is actually potentially one of the least talented in history? If that's the case? There are no answers. No solutions. Just a whole lot more green slime.....

The roster is better.  We have a better OL and WRs and the defense has played well

Zach just sucks

10 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Lawrence and Fields have nothing to do with it, other Thant the fact they were also part of the worst QB in draft class in quite some time. Lawrence was the only QB with a resume to be taken in the first round. Elf boy was fighting for his starting job in his last season because prior to that he pretty much sucked. He had one good season against pisspoor competition and suddenly he’s an NFL savior? No, I’m not buying it. My eyes did not buy him at BYU and all I’m seeing now is exactly what I expected. Elf boy sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I want to see Trevor with a real coaching staff but yeah, putrid draft class at QB

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's better.  There's definitely been plenty of young QB's crediting veteran mentors for helping them in their development.  However, I can also find similar articles of monumental busts saying similar things about veteran QB's.

Meanwhile, there was also an article I found about how Joe Flacco never even took Lamar Jackson's calls.  Doesn't seem to have hindered his growth at all.

That relationship is actually touched on in the Bleacher Report article. That article covers the full range between vets who felt threatened by the competition, to guys like Tyrod Taylor, or Ryan Fitzpatrick, who will compete for the starting job, but also do everything they can to help the rookie develop, to guys like Josh McCown, who literally considers himself a vet mentor for hire. McCown goes as far as to follow the rookie draft classes to see where he might latch on in that role. (He's available, btw) I think Brian Hoyer fits that mold, as well.

The main takeaway from that article is that it falls on the GM, and coaching staff to build an environment where the rookie can succeed, and the "quarterback room" is an extremely important part of that. As much as it pains me to say it, (ugh...) I think the Patriots* have done an excellent job of that with Mac & Cheese.

And, obviously, the Jets have not. If Mac & Cheese, with his low-velocity dad-bod, had been drafted by the Jets, he might be dead by now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

@Fantasy Island?  Answer the question.  Go for it, there has to be more going on in your brain other than to throw neg reps where only the clueless would.  What was objectionable?  Where!
Think fast

Well, Salad has let his OC get our QB rattled.  We get penalties and produce 20 pts in 3 games against 3 teams that will not be in the playoffs.  He is in over his head.  The fact that one of our best WRs is on the PS speaks volumes.  Go ahead and neg rep all you want because I know you love us all in your own special way as we do you.

33 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Well, Salad has let his OC get our QB rattled.  We get penalties and produce 20 pts in 3 games against 3 teams that will not be in the playoffs.  He is in over his head.  The fact that one of our best WRs is on the PS speaks volumes.  Go ahead and neg rep all you want because I know you love us all in your own special way as we do you.

How did he let his OC get our QB rattled?  How has he been rattled?  Does that work for Shanahan and Lance or Belichick and Jones?  

He called for penalties or is it young players making the mistakes that young, inexperienced  players make?

We've played 3 teams that wont make the playoffs?  Youre blaming the HC for things youre guessing about?  

Explain how on any planet Mims is one our best WRS?  

I get the gist though.  

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

How did he let his OC get our QB rattled?  How has he been rattled?  Does that work for Shanahan and Lance or Belichick and Jones?  

He called for penalties or is it young players making the mistakes that young, inexperienced  players make?

We've played 3 teams that wont make the playoffs?  Youre blaming the HC for things youre guessing about?  

I get the gist though.  

1st game Zach followed through on passes now it is off the back foot.  Saw it with Darnold too.  I wanted all OL in the draft after QB, and fat bast@#$ went 1 OL then weapons.  Build from the line back, oh to he!! with that.  So, you think we have nothing to worry about?  It's only going to get worse until Salad steps up and becomes a man.  He has to address the deficiencies, and swallow his pride and put the best 11 on either side of the ball and adjust.

It's sad that fans know more than the coaches who get paid.

4 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

The problem moreso this year than last is the qb absolutely stinks

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I get the gist though.  

Mims is more talented than Berrios and Cole combined