Jump to content

Interesting in depth article on Jets offensive issues


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Coffee Is Great said:

Excessive 12 personnel is cutting off our nose to spite our face.

Yeah. It feels short sighted.  Protect Zach at all costs,  but all your doing is making it impossible for anyone to be open so he’s holding the ball longer and still taking hits.  Teams are still sending only 4 rushers mostly and getting pressure.  
Moreover, it seems the OL is such a mess that 12 Personnel is still not stopping free rushers.
It’s very ugly right now.   

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The utilization of the personnel has been my biggest issue thus far.  The WR groupings have been poor to say the least.  At some point you need to scheme to your personnel’s strengths.  Thus far it’s been pretty abysmal.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole "Mims is inactive because he doesn't play special teams" argument begs 1 question: WHY NOT?????

Is he a) refusing to do so or b) the coaching staff can't find a spot for him?  In my mind, it has to be 1 or the other and both have simple remedies.

Don't get me started on the "He doesn't know all 3 WR positions" argument.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

The whole "Mims is inactive because he doesn't play special teams" argument begs 1 question: WHY NOT?????

Is he a) refusing to do so or b) the coaching staff can't find a spot for him?  In my mind, it has to be 1 or the other and both have simple remedies.

Don't get me started on the "He doesn't know all 3 WR positions" argument.

It’s been stated that Mims offered to play specials. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

The utilization of the personnel has been my biggest issue thus far.  The WR groupings have been poor and to say the least.  At some point you need to scheme to your personnel’s strengths.  Thus far it’s been pretty abysmal.  

It’s been stated here a couple of times, but there’s a real concern that Lafleur is simply taking the SF offense and trying to simply duplicate it. . No creativity, no evolution.  Just trying to fit that square peg into the Jets hole of talent.  

There are indications that this is true.  Hoping it’s just growing pains, trying to figure out the talent. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It’s been stated that Mims offered to play specials. 

I saw that and recall it being reported during training camp.

So then this coaching staff is what? Inept?

Or could it be that this kid is just as dumb as a box of rocks?

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It’s been stated here a couple of times, but there’s a real concern that Lafleur is simply taking the SF offense and trying to simply duplicate it. . No creativity, no evolution.  Just trying to fit that square peg into the Jets hole of talent.  

There are indications that this is true.  Hoping it’s just growing pains, trying to figure out the talent. 

It’s not just the actual plays though.  It’s who is running those plays IMO.   I just don’t think the best personnel is out there.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It’s been stated that Mims offered to play specials. 

He ran with the specials in preseason.

The Crowder mystery is also concerning. The guy was the QB's best friend the last few seasons, yet this coaching staff has been hellbent on phasing him out. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For all this the GM needs to hire the coach talk it seems the GM has a different vision then the Coach he hired...

So odd. If you know the schemes and vision why is the roster so void of talent in the positions of need to make it work

I'm bewildered. So Jetsy

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

For all this the GM needs to hire the coach talk it seems the GM has a different vision then the Coach he hired...

So odd. If you know the schemes and vision why is the roster so void of talent in the positions of need to make it work

I'm bewildered. So Jetsy

JD is completely lacking organizational awareness.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It’s not just the actual plays though.  It’s who is running those plays IMO.   I just don’t think the best personnel is out there.  

I don't  disagree with this but what would you do differently.

For me: I would have Mims playing wide and Moore in the slot.

The whole Crowder thing is strange....

The offense I envisioned was Davis and Mims on the outside with Crowder in the slot and Moore playing everywhere, just finding creative ways for him to be all over the field.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

One would think, seeing who his brother is , has he reached out for advice ? Or is his ego in the way from taking advice from others . I mean his brother coaches one of the most potent offenses in the league wouldnt you want some tips ?

yeah you want to know what the tip is?

get a future HOF QB. after that everything is easy

  • Confused 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't  disagree with this but what would you do differently.

For me: I would have Mims playing wide and Moore in the slot.

The whole Crowder thing is strange....

The offense I envisioned was Davis and Mims on the outside with Crowder in the slot and Moore playing everywhere, just finding creative ways for him to be all over the field.

Before Moore getting injured I’ve maintained since camp started that Davis, Moore and Cole is the best base 3 receiver group.   Cole has more size than Moore and should play opposite Davis and have Moore in the slot.  From there you can mix in Mims at the X and go Mims, Moore, Davis(or Cole).  
 

Seeing Davis, Moore and Berrios out there isn’t very inspiring and doesn’t give this offense the best chance to succeed.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't  disagree with this but what would you do differently.

For me: I would have Mims playing wide and Moore in the slot.

The whole Crowder thing is strange....

The offense I envisioned was Davis and Mims on the outside with Crowder in the slot and Moore playing everywhere, just finding creative ways for him to be all over the field.

then Cole would be where Mims is now. inactive? then why sign him? in case someone got hurt? then im not sure he would come here for that.

i think they knew there was a problem with Mims. thats why they made  crowder take a pay cut instead of just letting him go. cause we see now that there is not enough room to dress them all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, doitny said:

then Cole would be where Mims is now. inactive? then why sign him? in case someone got hurt? then im not sure he would come here for that.

i think they knew there was a problem with Mims. thats why they made  crowder take a pay cut instead of just letting him go. cause we see now that there is not enough room to dress them all.

Jeff Smith would be inactive. 

Cole would be getting plenty of reps and there in case of injury.  

Cole wasn't a bad signing, it's not like he's getting big money.  But Cole is a Jag.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...