After 57 years, I might have had enough.

Green Ghost

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Interesting comment K-dog. I really wonder if he really thinks he does or if he misses the days of the anonymity of being on staff. I’m guessing he’s waking up with a jigger of bourbon and a handful of stale beer nuts mumbling ,” there is no place like home, there no place like home!” 

Jigger?  I picture him stumbling out of an old man bar at 7AM like the one at the SI ferry terminal as I was going to high school.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Interesting comment K-dog. I really wonder if he really thinks he does or if he misses the days of the anonymity of being on staff. I’m guessing he’s waking up with a jigger of bourbon and a handful of stale beer nuts mumbling ,” there is no place like home, there no place like home!” 

He’s clearly lost but won’t admit it 

He did have a plan. It just didn’t  work out

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Albaniajet said:

Dumping Sam for Zach is actually a new low

In the short term possibly, especially when you consider what we could have gotten to go along with Sam by trading Zach. Yet, Douglas draft picks aren’t too much to get excited about so far.

Also, until Sam plays from behind and brings his team back Im not totally sold on his resurgence. Long term I think he becomes a semi serviceable journeyman who does just  swell on a good team, like Teddy Bridgewater currently.

That being said at this moment exactly now in time it’s hard to not want either over what we have right now. This is the part we’re I tell you Zach will get better and be bet…. Uhhh, let’s just say Zach is likely going to eventually score points in a game at some point if……..

FREE DENZEL

8 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I go back to 1964 with this team, and I think I might have finally had enough. I moved out of the NY area 10 years ago, but always made an effort to watch the Jets play every game… until about 4 games into last season.
This year I wanted to buy into the new HC, QB thing, but it just never got me excited. it felt like just more of the same, just with new faces and a GM who I just don’t have a lot of confidence in. The last couple of years seem like Groundhog Day. Bad GMs, bad HCs and obviously bad teams.
I read this board after the draft, and it felt exactly like the Spring/Summer of 2018. The new QB was throwing dimes in practice, had the arm of Rodgers and the head of Peyton Manning. The WR we drafted was going to be the next Jerry Rice and he was going to fit perfectly with the WR we drafted last year and our heralded new FA WR. Yeah… not so much.

The HC and his staff haven’t impressed me in the least, yet I can’t honestly say I expected much with the roster this GM has put together in his 2 1/2 years here. Things are looking as bad, if not worse than they ever have for the NYJ, and I’m becoming numb to it. Instead of going out and watching the team I rooted for all my life, I stay home and watch my local team, the Panthers. It’s funny to see a team with so many old Jets and a HC we almost hired play well, and it makes them an easy watch.

Will I turn my back on the Jets? No, I can’t do that. If they’re ever on down here I’ll watch, and I’ll keep up with what’s going on with them here, but I’m done watching for now. If things ever turn around, I’ll be right back to watch every game but for now, I’ll follow the Panthers every week, and a couple of other teams I enjoy watching, like the Browns and Chargers.

It took 57 years, but this last 4-5 year stretch has me totally apathetic about this team. I just refuse to watch any more football like this organization has given us for the last 19 games.

What is worse is the blind faith the media placed on this team. The way Moore catches and turns up field with the ball, how the ball just flys out of Wilson's hands, how Saleh has changed the culture of the Jets in one off-season. Then we had an off-season of posters here who down voted anyone with a critical word about Zack, JD, or Saleh. How people said we don't  need great RB's because Leflore runs an O that made Mosart look good. How AVT and Becton were going to open holes so big the RB can find it from the breeze he will feel, how so many of us did not know a thing about how this team and players will perform. I say this because  I was one of the skeptical posters here. I was even called an anti Zaxter by one poster and another ridiculed me about zack looking the part and my guy on some other team looked horrible (whoever that QB was). It's like people haven't  been paying attention with what has been going on here. 

I haven't been watching since 64 but I did see Namath play for us and became a fan in the Todd era. I say to the OP I feel your pain but I'm trying to be a realistic fan. This is the first year of an expansion  team called the NY Jets. @SAR I called them this without the benefit  of an expansion  draft. He hit the nail on the head with this comment. We are that young and that new. I'm just going to except this team will suck this season and hope we don't ruin Zack and he at least  becomes a serviceable QB next season. It's  the only fair way to look at this team now with this start. I will say the team has failed Zack the same way they have failed Darnold which I didn't  expect but we are the Jets. We make the same mistakes over and over again. Only on the Jets does this happen.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

no.  my mother was born in 1917 and so was alive when the red sox won the series in 1918 and then was still alive to see the red sox win in 2004.  anything can happen.

Finally some great news for us Jet stalwarts.   Only 47 more years before the Promised Land.  Yeah!  I got a shot at making it to 112 years-old, right?

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

In the short term possibly, especially when you consider what we could have gotten to go along with Sam by trading Zach. Yet, Douglas draft picks aren’t too much to get excited about so far.

Also, until Sam plays from behind and brings his team back Im not totally sold on his resurgence. Long term I think he becomes a semi serviceable journeyman who does just  swell on a good team, like Teddy Bridgewater currently.

That being said at this moment exactly now in time it’s hard to not want either over what we have right now. This is the part we’re I tell you Zach will get better and be bet…. Uhhh, let’s just say Zach is likely going to eventually score points in a game at some point if……..

FREE DENZEL

I can see this. The thing is with Sam we are seeing what he can do with weapons and competent coaching. This guy is easily a playoff (maybe not SB) QB if he plays like he is. Thats more security then most teams get at QB.

So if thats not enough for you clearly you are aiming for a top 5 QB type of guy. Zach is wellllll developing, maybe he will maybe he wont. All we know is we are going to watch bad football in the immediate future, 

• Upvote 1

I love this team too much to watch (again). My wife gets mad at me because it's the one time me, her, and our son actually sit down and watch something together. Unfortunately it's really hard for me to handle seeing them continue to be the worst team in all professional sports ever since well pretty much forever with one exception (OK, maybe 3 or 4). We are the lucky ones though green ghost, at least we were blessed to have lived through an amazing time on this planet when the world got to see just how much the Jets are loved. No football team ever turned that city upside down the way the Jets did that year and we saw the greatest game live in real time. It's sad that so many of our younger fans, guys and gals who are now in their 40's and early 50's have never seen the greatness of Namath and Co. and I'm afraid they never will get to see the jets win a Championship.

As for the current state of affairs, I still think that  this team has the ability to run off a 5-6 game winning streak if they ever get some breaks and if the team gets off the injury shelf. Until then though, I will just have to be one of "those crappy Jets fans" who can't let himself sit through watching the team he loves continue to lose and lose and lose. I just can't, my 66th birthday is coming up this week and I don't have many more Sundays (and as it always bleeds into Mondays) to feel depressed about something that I have zero control over to let that get me down.

When the Jets get to that winning streak, I'll be back.  but yea green Ghost, I know exactly how you feel my friend.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I go back to 1964 with this team, and I think I might have finally had enough. I moved out of the NY area 10 years ago, but always made an effort to watch the Jets play every game… until about 4 games into last season.
This year I wanted to buy into the new HC, QB thing, but it just never got me excited. it felt like just more of the same, just with new faces and a GM who I just don’t have a lot of confidence in. The last couple of years seem like Groundhog Day. Bad GMs, bad HCs and obviously bad teams.
I read this board after the draft, and it felt exactly like the Spring/Summer of 2018. The new QB was throwing dimes in practice, had the arm of Rodgers and the head of Peyton Manning. The WR we drafted was going to be the next Jerry Rice and he was going to fit perfectly with the WR we drafted last year and our heralded new FA WR. Yeah… not so much.

The HC and his staff haven’t impressed me in the least, yet I can’t honestly say I expected much with the roster this GM has put together in his 2 1/2 years here. Things are looking as bad, if not worse than they ever have for the NYJ, and I’m becoming numb to it. Instead of going out and watching the team I rooted for all my life, I stay home and watch my local team, the Panthers. It’s funny to see a team with so many old Jets and a HC we almost hired play well, and it makes them an easy watch.

Will I turn my back on the Jets? No, I can’t do that. If they’re ever on down here I’ll watch, and I’ll keep up with what’s going on with them here, but I’m done watching for now. If things ever turn around, I’ll be right back to watch every game but for now, I’ll follow the Panthers every week, and a couple of other teams I enjoy watching, like the Browns and Chargers.

It took 57 years, but this last 4-5 year stretch has me totally apathetic about this team. I just refuse to watch any more football like this organization has given us for the last 19 games.

We're all frustrated. Maybe not 57 years worth like you ( which i commend you for!)

But you're only fooling yourself, no one's going nowhere.

I'd rather play golf than watch this tripe live so i record the game and fast forward as i please.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

JD wakes up and thinks about all the money he's gonna collect from his SIX year contract. Then he can go back to being just another guy in the front office and make Jets jokes all day.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

In three years this will all be over and he’ll have made $20mm.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

You should hang around until next season. Jets will get the first overall pick in the '22 draft. That should be exciting.

Been a fan since 1980...  the last ten years have been rough.  My Sundays consist of watching the first half of the Jets game, and then turning off the TV at halftime when the situation reveals itself as hopeless. I, too, bought into the hype this summer.  It just feels different this time!  Then Lucy takes the ball away.  AND I moved to the west coast 25 years ago!  How sad is that!  

My friends are concerned that my son will like the Jets.  They're saying I need to perform a ceremonial burn of my Jets gear or an exorcism and root for the Niners and be done with it.  I LOVE football.  I hate watching the Jets.  This team feels like an albatross around my neck.  To the OP - I GET IT.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Apathy has infected many of us.  

Mike Vaccaro wrote a nice piece in the NY Post about how the Jets and Giants are losing a generation of fans again.  My nephew won’t watch this team.  

I am not a parent, but how many of you can’t get your kids to watch either?  Or do you even want them to invest in this dreadful franchise?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/09/28/lousy-giants-jets-risk-losing-another-generation-of-nfl-fans/amp/

I have a son, but he is not quite old enough to be able to watch football. 

I have been thinking a lot lately about how I am going to introduce him to the Jets (He already sees me yelling at the TV every sunday but is still way too young to know what is going on or what I am even doing). Honestly? I'm not even sure if I want to push the Jets on him.

The idea of forcing the Jets on my kid feels like a sophisticated form of child abuse. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, jetswin said:

it's gonna take a lot more than sucking for 52 years to lose me

Lol, yeah, I hear you. Let me explain my OP a little better.
If I was still up in the NY area, I’d still be watching the Jets every single week. I live 700 miles away however, so I just refuse to put the effort in to go out to a sports bar to watch them any longer.

I will always call myself a Jets fan, but until things change for the better I’m going to just stay home and watch the local team (Panthers) and whatever other games are televised locally. 
I’m 67 years old, and not much of a drinker, so going out to a bar to watch this team just isn’t worth my time and effort.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

If I was still up in the NY area, I’d still be watching the Jets every single week. I live 700 miles away however, so I just refuse to put the effort in to go out to a sports bar to watch them any longer.

I will always call myself a Jets fan, but until things change for the better I’m going to just stay home and watch the local team (Panthers) and whatever other games are televised locally. 
I’m 67 years old, and not much of a drinker, so going out to a bar to watch this team just isn’t worth my time and effort.

they say we get wiser as we get older...at least you did lol

• Haha 1

Haven’t missed watching a game since 1999/2000 (since the inception of Sunday Ticket).

Haven’t really liked any of the teams/rosters we’ve put out there since 2012 (2015 was fun). Losing teams with unlikable players is really tough.

And unfortunately we are not “on the right track”. Things aren’t getting better. We are not a playoff team next year nor probably the year following. 

Things will change when we have a GM in place who drafts players who are good at football. 

7 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Apathy has infected many of us.  

Mike Vaccaro wrote a nice piece in the NY Post about how the Jets and Giants are losing a generation of fans again.  My nephew won’t watch this team.  

I am not a parent, but how many of you can’t get your kids to watch either?  Or do you even want them to invest in this dreadful franchise?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2021/09/28/lousy-giants-jets-risk-losing-another-generation-of-nfl-fans/amp/

My daughter has become a Jets fan even after I begged her to go root for a different team.  I now must pray for her soul...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Puff on some weed or eat some edibles and Uber to the bar. Get some grub and watch us lose! You ain’t going anywhere!

16 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Love this post GG.  I go back to 65 so I'm thinking next year might be it?  Seriously I checked out on the Jets completely until the Parcells steal from NE.  When they went back to something resembling the old uniforms it gave me a jolt of nostalgia for the 60's Jets.  I bought in totally.  Basically checked out again when I moved to AZ in  2012.  I ended up getting season ticks to the Cardinals when Arians was the HC and started loving football again.  Arians ran a high wire O that was a blast to watch as a fan.  Bowles was the DC and he was really innovative with very mediocre personal.  I was sort of surprised how badly it went for him with the Jets.  Moved back last year and was reinvested.  Loved that they picked up Zach who looks to have a real live arm and great release.  Shades of Joe Namath.

Sadly the first 3 games have been not just rookie football it's boring football.  I was expecting losses but I also expected big plays and signs of life.  Hasn't happened.  

Good luck with your adopted Panthers.  The Jets are like a complex chronic illness.  You really never get cured you only go into remission.  Look forward to seeing you around down the line.

Be well GG and enjoy yourself. 

• Upvote 2