Stay. The. Course.

8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Stop being such a bunch of hypocritical pussies. 

All I kept hearing was that we need our own coach and QB.  We need to start from scratch.  That we need to develop younger players and stop wasting time playing vets.  Just this past season the board was overrun with posts complaining that Bell and Gore were on the field.  2015 is lambasted as a disaster because we didn't make the playoffs and developed nothing.  The board almost universally complains about late season wins because they cost us draft capital.  People would rather go 0-16 than 8-8.  Now they are doing what you asked and you whine like my son avoiding "rest your eyes time" at pre-school?  Suck it up.

Things have looked bad.  That is no guarantee of success, but it is not a guarantee of failure either.  Andy Reid started off -0-4 in Philly.  He was an offensive genius brought over from the Packers and his teams scored 29 points over the first 3 games including being shut out.  Sound familiar?  Kyle Shanahan, with these very guys on staff, started off 0-9 in SF.

sh*t may look up and it may not, but Douglas was a well respected hire.  He was not some dunce that couldn't handle a press conference brought over because he was the only guy willing to take on Rex.  He was not some coffee addled protege of a guy who goes to the wig store and asks for the Moe Howard.  He is a guy everybody said would right the ship and play the long game.  He is playing the long game.  Live with it.  Barring some real insanity he gets this year and next.   He should.  

How long are we holding onto the guys resume instead of looking at the actual results of 2.5 wasted years from him

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

How long are we holding onto the guys resume instead of looking at the actual results of 2.5 wasted years from him

He is not going to be fired in season.  How about we at least wait and see how the next 14 games play out before makiing any decisions.  At this point, I want to see progress between now and December, hoping that we will have some reason to hope things are on the right track heading into next season.

Personally, I agree with Dom, that he likely has this year and next.  But he definitely has the next 14 games -- lets hope things get better. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

What exactly are you confused about?

Long enough for him to do his job.  He has had 3 games with his coach.  They get 2 seasons minimum.  @Beerfish says 3 seasons and that might be reasonable, but 2 is the least barring some kind of scandal. 

*Morons flying banners is not a scandal IMO

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

He is not going to be fired in season.  How about we at least wait and see how the next 14 games play out before makiing any decisions.  At this point, I want to see progress between now and December, hoping that we will have some reason to hope things are on the right track heading into next season.

Personally, I agree with Dom, that he likely has this year and next.  But he definitely has the next 14 games -- lets hope things get better. 

I generally agree he won’t get fired after this season. The hot seat will be very very warm at a 2-15ish type finish. 

I just don’t believe in his vision. It requires like an 80 percent hit rate on picks which has not been happening. You also have to hit on your one year “value” signings. You can’t let every veteran walk out the building and think there won’t be issues. If this is his rebuild I don’t like the job he’s doing. Switch it up 

I agree. But the issue is that almost anytime in the last 40 years you could claim the Jets have no clue wtf they're doing, and in time you'd be proven correct - so its an easy position to take.

It's ugly right now. Very ugly. I think most of use who had realistic expectations this year also assumed we'd show competence and signs of life. Let's hope the light goes on sooner than later because 'next year' is hard sell for a fanbase that has been waiting for next year for generations.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, doitny said:

can i ask you this?

you want JD fired by the end of the year right? if that did happened then what does the new GM do? rip it all down again?

he must right? cause everything JD did was garbage right? 

the worst guy at drafting right? so how can we keep any? Mims, Becton, AVT, the Carters all gone. 

is that what you would do? cause im guessing you wouldn't rip this team up like that.

I’m confused by your question.

This team can’t be torn down anymore then it is. It’s clearly the worst roster in the NFL by miles 

21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Almost no one is beefing at all in the least about us losing games.

People are beefing because most of the 'promising' players we have gone out and got or drafted look like garbage.

If we were losing but Elijah Moore was looking good, Michael carter was looking good, Zac Wilson was making some great plays and having errors.  Becton was not hurt all the time.

The offense though not producing big points as looking creative and promising.

That though losing all world Quinnen and mosley looked good.

The team flat out looks bad, the offensive scheme looks bad.

Realistic fans know the jets will stay the course as douglas and saleh are going no where for at least3 more years.

People totally have the right to be pissed, the team is almost unwatchable right now.

Win or look good losing.

Fair enough.  I get the complaints and anger.  Generally I share it.  I spend Sunday screaming at the TV like everyone else.  I just don't understand people acting like major changes are automatically called for at this point.  I expected this.  I expected it if they had Becton and Lawson.  I don't see how you can think everything must change if you expected it.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Fair enough.  I get the complaints and anger.  Generally I share it.  I spend Sunday screaming at the TV like everyone else.  I just don't understand people acting like major changes are automatically called for at this point.  I expected this.  I expected it if they had Becton and Lawson.  I don't see how you can think everything must change if you expected it.  

Not sure what you are waiting on. This team isn’t close. Is it a developing team or a bad team. You are taking the rosy view that’s for sure 

Many screamed this approach But JD is failing in numerous accounts. His drafts are 50-50 right now. If not worse. His FA acquisitions SUCk azzholes. He’s got to stop spending good money on the Fant, Kahului and Feeny’s out there. Fix the damn OL by next year or GTFO. It’s imperative. I don’t want to hear it. Sign 2 FA accomplished OL and draft 2 with top picks. Stop ****in around.

33 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Almost no one is beefing at all in the least about us losing games.

People are beefing because most of the 'promising' players we have gone out and got or drafted look like garbage.

If we were losing but Elijah Moore was looking good, Michael carter was looking good, Zac Wilson was making some great plays and having errors.  Becton was not hurt all the time.

The offense though not producing big points as looking creative and promising.

That though losing all world Quinnen and mosley looked good.

The team flat out looks bad, the offensive scheme looks bad.

Realistic fans know the jets will stay the course as douglas and saleh are going no where for at least3 more years.

People totally have the right to be pissed, the team is almost unwatchable right now.

Win or look good losing.

That would last a week man

9 minutes ago, JTJet said:

How in the F can you "stay the course" when you already drove the car off the road, down the mountain, crashed into a tree, and then blew up the car? 

You are what your results say you are. 

9-26 

And 7 of those wins came from mostly Macs team….

Just sayingggggg

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Not sure what you are waiting on. This team isn’t close. Is it a developing team or a bad team. You are taking the rosy view that’s for sure 

It's not a rosy view.  It's a realistic one.

Were the 49ers a bad team or a developing one in 2017?  Were the Eagles a bad team or a developing team in 1999?  If you gut the team every time things go badly you end up with what we have now and you never find out. 

The Jets have been trying to satisfy the fans/press by making changes without starting over.  Since 2006 we have had the following:  OC forced on coach (2009) coach forced on GM (2013).  They tried a reset in 2015 that didn't last long then right back at it:  DC forced on coach (2019),  GM took over with coach in place (2019).

If they didn't dick around so much they could have ended up with a good GM in 2013 or a good coach in 2019.  You like how Darnold looks in Carolina?  That could have been us if we didn't try to force Williams on Rhule.  I found the Gregg Williams thing curious since he was pretty much disgraced as far as I am concerned.  

They are bad right now.  There are many, many reasons why they are bad.  They may improve, they may not, but firing everyone now isn't fixing anything.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1