Stay. The. Course.

#27TheDominator

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

I don't know, not getting out scored 46-3 in the first half. Guess I'm setting the bar to high. 

No you aren't setting the bar too high, but this team should get better as they get more experience. 

Just curious, should the Jets owners just blow it up after a handful of games? Repeat the process every year...new coach, new QB, new GM. What type of success would that process have?

9 minutes ago, Claymation said:

No you aren't setting the bar too high, but this team should get better as they get more experience. 

Just curious, should the Jets owners just blow it up after a handful of games? Repeat the process every year...new coach, new QB, new GM. What type of success would that process have?

Every year.  Every three games.  Po-tay-toe  Po-tah-toh

3 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

maybe I am showing my agi here but what is this? i mean yeah some old timer movie but what does he say in it? same of stink ice? lol i have not idea what he said. I saw the longer clip and could see him shooting actual peasants, so I think I get the drift of what the meaning is, but i swear i could not comprehend the words the king says or meaning..

lil help? for us fans that never grew up with black and white TV old timer? (i dont know why Im trying to make old person jokes) - in all actuality the older movies and shows and just media in general us usually much more wity and intelligent than the watered down crap we get today. I mean today the by far most successful and intelligent movies are Marvel. ******* comic books I read when i was like 5 or whatever. God I hate ....anyway, yeah so what is this kings say in the vid?

Munchpenis: “…fans revolt”

Clip: “the people are revolting”

(Nothing more; nothing worthy of deep thought) ;) 

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Munchpenis: “…fans revolt”

Clip: “the people are revolting”

(Nothing more; nothing worthy of deep thought) ;) 

I think we need to analyze this post more carefully.  It awfully short for sperm.  Has he been kidnapped?  It's almost like he wrote it with his left hand as a cry for help.  

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think we need to analyze this post more carefully.  It awfully short for sperm.  Has he been kidnapped?  It's almost like he wrote it with his left hand as a cry for help.  

I read Sperm's post and thought he was in the throes of a grand mal episode.

• Haha 1

I’ll say it again 

this team drastically improved its talent at QB, WR, RB, and OL. They got rid of the supposed worst coach of all time and replaced him with a guy from the best offensive system in the world. 

Yet the offense is somehow worse than last year. Its ridiculous and not acceptable. Don’t give me the young team bullsh*t. This offense should be much better than last year out of the gate.

this regime has brainwashed you into believing that it’s ok to suck suck for the sake of some process 

**** that, winning breads winning. This pathetic mentality that winning doesn’t matter is literally the opposite of what you should do To build a winning culture 

it is great for saleh and JDs job security though, master class in expectation setting 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

I’ll say it again 
this team drastically improved its talent at QB, WR, RB, and OL. They got rid of the supposed worst coach of all time and replaced him with a guy from the best offensive system in the world. 

Yet the offense is somehow worse than last year. Its ridiculous and not acceptable. Don’t give me the young team bullsh*t. This offense should be much better than last year out of the gate.
this regime has brainwashed you into believing that it’s ok to suck suck for the sake of some process 
**** that, winning breads winning. This pathetic mentality that winning doesn’t matter is literally the opposite of what you should do To build a winning culture 
it is great for saleh and JDs job security though, master class in expectation setting 
The offense in 3 games has been hot trash there is no denying that. Things will take time to click we have a young offensive line now playing without our starting left tackle. We have better recievers but our most reliable one who also happens to be our slot receiver (a young QBs best friend outside of te) has been out with covid. We are not healthy and that isn't helping on top of that you have a rookie QB who has been sacked more than any other QB in the league trying to work out his rookie jitters. Our running game may not have gotten better time will tell they just got younger. Like the op said this team might not end up being good but atleast give it some time to play out...you don't even have to get your hopes up just sit back and wait another couple games before you cry about things.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

On 9/30/2021 at 7:32 AM, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I wish he was more aggressive with the free agent linemen, but besides that his grade is incomplete.

His first draft had limited scouting and meetings so he took the high Sparq players.  The team lacked athletes so it made sense.

Injuries aren’t his fault and that’s the main reason people are down on his first draft.  

It’s a witch hunt on a guy that’s had 1 season to put his long term vision in place.   

No wonder this team has sucked forever.  The fans cry for tear downs then cry when it isn’t rebuilt in a day.

He has been here since 2019. This will be the third season the jets play with him in the GM box.

Rebuilt in a day? No. How about the team at least showing some improvement. They look worse then when he started.

I'm tired of people being told to have patience when it's blatantly obvious what a piss poor job he is doing. 

All I hear is excuses. I'm tired of it. Show some results. He is one of the highest paid GM's in the league and looks like the worst.

The "course" seems to be the perpetual turn over bad rosters and replace them with new bad rosters and tell everyone to remain patient even when the players continue to not produce. There's nothing stopping  Wilson from completely 3 yard passes and running when its there to make a play, or Moore to make any sort of a play, the new secondary to get an interception, Carter not looking like he's running in quicksand etc etc. The clogged toilet offense coupled with a defense who cant get off the field year in and year out is old. Young players who are hits produce early. The Jets never seem to get this and then these guys who were told to have patience with fade into oblivion.

Screw the course. The course is leading nowhere. The drafts arent doing anything.

19 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The "course" seems to be the perpetual turn over bad rosters and replace them with new bad rosters and tell everyone to remain patient even when the players continue to not produce. There's nothing stopping  Wilson from completely 3 yard passes and running when its there to make a play, or Moore to make any sort of a play, the new secondary to get an interception, Carter not looking like he's running in quicksand etc etc. The clogged toilet offense coupled with a defense who cant get off the field year in and year out is old. Young players who are hits produce early. The Jets never seem to get this and then these guys who were told to have patience with fade into oblivion.

Screw the course. The course is leading nowhere. The drafts arent doing anything.

Are you just reading a stat sheet? There’s plenty of potential to build on. 
But sure let’s purge everything and start over. That’ll fix it. 

15 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Are you just reading a stat sheet? There’s plenty of potential to build on. 
But sure let’s purge everything and start over. That’ll fix it. 

Douglas has two drafts underneath him with nearly everyone not doing anything besides a guard. The course looks awfully bad so far. There has been zero Indication that Douglas has any idea on how to draft, interview and evaluate college talent. He’s had plenty of time to hit on players that can make a differenc.