How Can Saleh & Douglas Fix This Mess? NY Jets Podcast

JetNation

Robert Saleh and Joe Douglas

On this week’s episode of our NY Jets Podcast – JetNation Radio, Glenn Naughton and Alex Varallo cover Gang Green’s embarrassing Week 3 loss to the Denver Broncos by a final score of 26-0.  How much of the loss was on Zach Wilson, did the Jets do anything right and what can they do in the short-term to get better?

If you want to take part of the SBR Pick 6 Football Contest, join the contest for FREE.

Up to $50,000 in prizes.

Our Podcast can now be found on Spotify and Amazon Music. Also, be sure to subscribe to us on iTunes or Google Play. Here is some more information on how you can find us online.

The post How Can Saleh & Douglas Fix This Mess? NY Jets Podcast appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Jetnationcom/~4/Ys7AlkSNBV8

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 1

Intense conversation between JD and Saleh on how to fix this.

Saleh: JD You suck..

JD: Uhhh No Sal you suck

Saleh: No you nappin douche YOU suck

JD: No no you bald headed eagle You suck

Saleh: get Macc's Starbucks card - You suck!!!!

JD: Well I think that was very constructive.

Saleh: Yea I feel much better.

Amazing, the right set up we all thought work...Owner gets out of way, hires most sought after GM

Said GM takes FULL CONTROL of team, fires old coach

Said GM hires new HC of his choosing, another sought after candidate. 

And here we are, with it seeming like Saleh and JD aren't clicking or don't understand each others vision

Disaster 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Or one off season and three games together hasn’t been enough time yet? I know it seems like an eternity, but Saleh honestly just got here. I think Joe picked correct in Saleh but Sarah picked incorrectly on LaFleur. I also think Knapp was supposed to have a huge role in putting this thing together, may he RIP. It’s like a Greek Tragedy honestly, 

Been here since January. Expected a little more pop and little less penalties from his team tbh. 

I will be watching the rest of the season, it can turn around.

However, first impression has been bad. Not liking the way he is handling Mimms and his droning on about how the O is going to work. Like I said, it can change, I would love to see him adjust. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Been here since January. Expected a little more pop and little less penalties from his team tbh. 

I will be watching the rest of the season, it can turn around.

However, first impression has been bad. Not liking the way he is handling Mimms and his droning on about how the O is going to work. Like I said, it can change, I would love to see him adjust. 

Me too. The lack of any sort of adjustments and apparent lack of cohesion is a very fair concern. The Mims thing, for whatever reason they have, just seems like a lack of ability for the staff to use what they have. Fine, they don’t want him, they don’t like his work ethic, they want to install a culture, what ever it is you can do that  if things are working. Since it’s not at an alarming rate, be flexible and try anything you can to get the offense moving. Even if it means FREE DENZEL. I mean could he really know the routes worse than McGovern knows the blocking scheme? Holy hell! 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Or one off season and three games together hasn’t been enough time yet? I know it seems like an eternity, but Saleh honestly just got here. I think Joe picked correct in Saleh but Sarah picked incorrectly on LaFleur. I also think Knapp was supposed to have a huge role in putting this thing together, may he RIP. It’s like a Greek Tragedy honestly, 

Losing Knapp was a huge blow, but it gets ignored because we were not permitted to discuss the football impact when it happened without getting called out as insensitive.  

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, The Crusher said:

i'm not ready to cut lafleur loose just yet but his offense is the one thing that is keeping this team winless.  in some ways it starts with the oline play but at the same time the offensive coordinator needs to call plays that work to the team's strengths.  even in sunday's game there were a couple of series where wilson was almost in a rhythm with some good short passing, good running, moving the chains type of football.  that's what they need.  they can't keep the defense on the field for as long they are right now.

• Upvote 2

Have a team that knows the offense.  Be Fing prepared.

That needs to be first.

You can't have a team, at any level, let alone the NFL...

Where your receivers are continually running the wrong routes

And your OL is continually missing assignments allowing free rushers.

That's the basic that you would assume an NFL offense can do.  Let's get there first and then we can worry about what's next...

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i'm not ready to cut lafleur loose just yet but his offense is the one thing that is keeping this team winless.  in some ways it starts with the oline play but at the same time the offensive coordinator needs to call plays that work to the team's strengths.  even in sunday's game there were a couple of series where wilson was almost in a rhythm with some good short passing, good running, moving the chains type of football.  that's what they need.  they can't keep the defense on the field for as long they are right now.

I'm not ready for him to go either, but I feel like we are waiting for him to show up! Right?

8 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Amazing, the right set up we all thought work...Owner gets out of way, hires most sought after GM

And here we are, with it seeming like Saleh and JD aren't clicking or don't understand each others vision

Disaster 

Thru 3 games.

If you truly want to tear it all down again after three games, the problem is you.

To me it starts by making effin everyone accountable. That smiling-laughing dou-bag LaFleur needs to be held accountable. Fix this or get fired. No more press conferences from that motherf...er looking so jolly happy like everything is ok. I don't want him to look like miserable and crying, but goddamn it, you better look way more effin serious. 

Second, you go through every single teams starters, backups and practice squad looking for G and C, trade for whatever you have to pay to protect your supposedly franchise QB. You didnt pay or draft when you absolutely had to. You saved a bunch on cap space, and have no talent to show for.  When you get two offensive linemen, that aloof talentless McGovern and Van Rotten get cut yesterday. 

Finally,  as a GM you have to realize that your HC and OC are literally learning how to coach, you sign the first veteran QB that is willing to take the hits for money. Let that Saleh learn his job without literally hurting Wilson, and do it with someone else. Wilson goes to the bench.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Intense conversation between JD and Saleh on how to fix this.

Saleh: JD You suck..

JD: Uhhh No Sal you suck

Saleh: No you nappin douche YOU suck

JD: No no you bald headed eagle You suck

Saleh: get Macc's Starbucks card - You suck!!!!

JD: Well I think that was very constructive.

Saleh: Yea I feel much better.

Why did you type this out?

9 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Disaster 

All of these assumptions are driven by over-imaginative fans. It was never going to be an immediate result.