It was the Jets...not Sam Darnold – NFL Week 3 Carolina Panthers Game Tape Breakdown by Kurt Warner

undertow

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’ll be pretty excited to see Darnold turning to sh*t without McCaffrey over the next month so we can stop watching this dumbsh*t analysis.

He didn't have McCaffrey last week when he put up most of the points in the win. McCaffrey missed the entire second half which is when most of Carolina's points were scored.

And it will take some time to remove all the stink of Gase from Darnold. See where he is at by the end of the season when most of Gase has been worked out of him.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Sam would be 0-3 right now and looking every bit as bad as he looked the previous 3 years.

Don't let JD's comments fool you.  He traded Sam because ZW is a superior prospect. 

I do think we will be at least as good with Zack as we would be with Sam. I'm hoping we will be better but Zack at this point is displaying the same flaws we were all over Sam for. Locking in on a WR, throwing off his back foot, not making the right  reads. 

38 minutes ago, viffer said:

He didn't have McCaffrey last week when he put up most of the points in the win. McCaffrey missed the entire second half which is when most of Carolina's points were scored.

And it will take some time to remove all the stink of Gase from Darnold. See where he is at by the end of the season when most of Gase has been worked out of him.

He sucks.

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

LOL

we’ll see by the end of the season how many turnovers the Can has

never seen this much fawning for a player averaging 1 passing touchdown per game

99 rating, plus 2 TDs a game (including his 3 rushing TDs) while averaging nearly 300 yards a game. When was the last time we had such QB play even for 3 weeks? I never wanted Sam gone. We needed a backup to Zach. 

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Lots of people drawing conclusions after only 3 weeks.  No doubt Sam has looked decent but there is a lot of football left to play.  What will be interesting to me is if Sam’s confidence continues to grow will he get better and be more consistent.  Confidence does wonders for QBs.  

Let's not forget that he's doing this behind an o-line that is as bad as the Jet's or worse.The difference.  People who can run routes and make something happen with the football.

18 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

It's too early to reach any definitive conclusions, but...

The narrative that Darnold could not become even a middle of the pack quarterback is looking pretty foolish right now.

Thank you. 

Darnold was never going to be a top 5 QB. However, the idea of ditching him as unfixable always annoyed me. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Keep telling yourself that

and keep telling yourself he a good QB cause he beat 2 rookie QBs in there 1st ever game. 2s team who had the 2 and 3rd pick last year.

no more cupcake games for Sam. he might actually have to win a game in the 4th quarter before he goes to Canton.

1 minute ago, doitny said:

and keep telling yourself he a good QB cause he beat 2 rookie QBs in there 1st ever game. 2s team who had the 2 and 3rd pick last year.

no more cupcake games for Sam. he might actually have to win a game in the 4th quarter before he goes to Canton.

Didn’t Zach just lose to Sam aka the worst qb in the nfl even worse than 40 year old flacco?

And Zach also lost to a rookie qb who isn’t very good 

4 minutes ago, genot said:

Let's not forget that he's doing this behind an o-line that is as bad as the Jet's or worse.The difference.  People who can run routes and make something happen with the football.

Having a RB like CMac is a luxury for any QB and makes your job easier.   So we’ll see how a prolonged absence  will affect Sam.   His receiver group is nice and Tremble is quickly developing at TE.  Hubbard can be OK for a couple weeks.   

48 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

99 rating, plus 2 TDs a game (including his 3 rushing TDs) while averaging nearly 300 yards a game. When was the last time we had such QB play even for 3 weeks? I never wanted Sam gone. We needed a backup to Zach. 

Fluke rushing TDs

watch and see how it plays out during the whole season

we saw the good 3 game stretches from Sam the Can here, he will revert shortly 

1 minute ago, Albaniajet said:

Didn’t Zach just lose to Sam aka the worst qb in the nfl even worse than 40 year old flacco?

again Zacks 1st ever game. Zach will be better in time. 

so far Sam has proven he can beat the bad teams. win maybe 6-8 maybe even 9 games a year. thats a bad QB to me. its not so much the wins but the level of competition he beats. 

26 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Having a RB like CMac is a luxury for any QB and makes your job easier.   So we’ll see how a prolonged absence  will affect Sam.   His receiver group is nice and Tremble is quickly developing at TE.  Hubbard can be OK for a couple weeks.   

Yes.Cmac is a QB's best friend. Sam's confidence level is much better though it appears even without CMac. He trusts his receivers. I don't  think he did here. Except  Crowder, who will help Wilson in a big way. Or should help, if Wilson is on his game

Just now, genot said:

Yes.Cmac is a QB's best friend. Sam's confidence level is much better though it appears even without CMac. He trusts his receivers. I don't  think he did here. Except  Crowder, who will help Wilson in a big way. Or should help, if Wilson is on his game

Moore, Robbie and Marshall are a nice trio to develop with.  Marshall will only be getting better as the year goes on too, it was a nice landing spot for Sam.  Compare that to some of the off the street vagabonds Sam had to work with here, and you can see why Sam looks better.

25 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Moore, Robbie and Marshall are a nice trio to develop with.  Marshall will only be getting better as the year goes on too, it was a nice landing spot for Sam.  Compare that to some of the off the street vagabonds Sam had to work with here, and you can see why Sam looks better.

Crowder literally was the only competent  receiver he had. No o-line. No running game.A damn shame.

20 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It is what it is at this point.  Sam’s in a better place to see what kind of QB he can become.  It’s on him now.  

I look at Sam as a QB entering his second season in the NFL. When he lost McCown and Bates, and Gase was hired,. His development stood at a standstill. Your right. It's up to him to work on his issues. Still leaves plays out on the field. Still a little skittish. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I do think we will be at least as good with Zack as we would be with Sam. I'm hoping we will be better but Zack at this point is displaying the same flaws we were all over Sam for. Locking in on a WR, throwing off his back foot, not making the right  reads. 

3 games vs. 3 years.

Plus I don't think many understand the level to which JD tore this team apart.  Sam was in a far superior position his rookie year than Zach is now. 

As sad as that is, it's the truth.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

Fluke rushing TDs

watch and see how it plays out during the whole season

we saw the good 3 game stretches from Sam the Can here, he will revert shortly 

Three weeks and still undefeated. I don’t think we’ve ever had that kind of start since what, the last decade? Rex started 3-0. Don’t think we’ve managed to do that again. Speaking of reverting, maybe Darnold did revert to playing good football like he was supposed to?

40 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Three weeks and still undefeated. I don’t think we’ve ever had that kind of start since what, the last decade? Rex started 3-0. Don’t think we’ve managed to do that again. Speaking of reverting, maybe Darnold did revert to playing good football like he was supposed to?

It’s 3 games

hes played well for 3 games here also lol

1 hour ago, FactsOnly said:

It’s 3 games

hes played well for 3 games here also lol

It’s not se random stretch of 3 games though is it? It’s his entire time in Carolina innit? What you’re referring to is trying to pick his best stretch of 3 games in a 3 year period. Please tell me you don’t think that’s the same thing. 

This is obvious to anyone paying attention.  

Sam would be terrible here and if ZW were in Carolina right now he would look like a super prospect...

The Jets and their GM are terrible right now and something needs to be done quickly to resolve the problem.

The 22 year old, 3 games, rookie QB is NOT the problem.

On 9/29/2021 at 1:42 PM, Integrity28 said:

In fairness, Joe Douglas believed this to be true. Making it that much more hilarious that he traded him.

Rumor was that Saleh wanted to keep Sam, too.

Cant make that sh*t up.

So, he trades Sam purely for salary cap purposes, then proceeds to only target tier 2 free agents and sit in the money. 

Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

well he also new they needed a new start. $$

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

well he also new they needed a new start. $$

If you have a QB, you keep him. The nee start can happen regardless. Especially when you consider he didn’t spend all of the cap space he ‘saved’ by trading Sam.

It just make sense logically. Regardless f how we feel about Sam. If JD liked Sam, trading him was insanely stupid.

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

3 games vs. 3 years.

Plus I don't think many understand the level to which JD tore this team apart.  Sam was in a far superior position his rookie year than Zach is now. 

As sad as that is, it's the truth.

Sam was so lucky to have Spencer long as his center, and Eric Tomlinson and Herndon as his tight ends. With Robby Anderson as his #1 WR. Who at that time wasn't  much more than a one trick pony.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, genot said:

Sam was so lucky to have Spencer long as his center, and Eric Tomlinson and Herndon as his tight ends. With Robby Anderson as his #1 WR. Who at that time wasn't  much more than a one trick pony.

I could have sworn people were talking about the Jets having a great WR squad including a high priced free agent plus the steal of the draft not only at WR but also at RB. 

10 minutes ago, undertow said:

I could have sworn people were talking about the Jets having a great WR squad including a high priced free agent plus the steal of the draft not only at WR but also at RB. 

Only in Jetville man. Only in Jetville.

• Haha 1