Maye Out 3-4 Weeks

HawkeyeJet

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I wonder if Maye even had to pretend he had an ankle.  I think his agent called Douglas and said Maye ain’t playing another down for your sh-tshow and you can pick any body part you like but you best trade him while you still can.  

SAR I

Would you want to risk injury for this team?

The HC and GM both, publicly said don't expect us to win?  

When expectations are this low with the leaders of the organization, why should he risk injury with $10's of Millions for a team that publicly doesn't care about winning?

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Would you want to risk injury for this team?

The HC and GM both, publicly said don't expect us to win?  

When expectations are this low with the leaders of the organization, why should he risk injury with $10's of Millions for a team that publicly doesn't care about winning?

I don’t blame him at all.  I support him.  

Douglas’ (contract) and Saleh’s (it’s okay to lose) backfire just gets worse and worse. Maybe they’ll get an “ankle” next.  

SAR I

1 hour ago, Origen said:

Strange how getting to the NFL takes nothing but work and dedication and yet a bunch of couch slugs know that dealing with injuries is just sneaking out of a bad situation.

Here you go @Origen…. Do agents know anything about sneaking a player out of a bad situation?

55 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Mayes agent chimes in, lmao looks like he’s a goner 

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Here you go @Origen…. Do agents know anything about sneaking a player out of a bad situation?

H3ck yes they do.  Of course he's not going to get anywhere near the $12m he got this year or what the Jets offered him over the offseason probably to sign long term, but he can go and make like, $3m a year when he gets signed by someone who needs a cheap safety and is just looking to fill in so health doesn't matter.

5 minutes ago, Origen said:

H3ck yes they do.  Of course he's not going to get anywhere near the $12m he got this year or what the Jets offered him over the offseason probably to sign long term, but he can go and make like, $3m a year when he gets signed by someone who needs a cheap safety and is just looking to fill in so health doesn't matter.

Sorta like how nobody paid Jamal, Robby, Leo, and Sam, huh?

Oh, wait….

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Holy crap lol. We still want to stay the course?

For sure.  Trade him for a pick, just adding assets for the future.  He's walking next season either way.  We suck plenty fine with or without Marcus Maye.  This changes nothing, he's been unhappy with the Jets FO for a while now.  He talks to Jamal Adams every day.  lol

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

For sure.  Trade him for a pick, just adding assets for the future.  He's walking next season either way.  We suck plenty fine with or without Marcus Maye.  This changes nothing, he's been unhappy with the Jets FO for a while now.  He talks to Jamal Adams every day.  lol

Saleh should address this directly by saying we want players who want to be here. Just deactivate him for the rest of the season if nothing comes through on the trade front. What are they getting in a trade for him anyways? Has he made any big plays since he's been here?

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Saleh should address this directly by saying we want players who want to be here. Just deactivate him for the rest of the season if nothing comes through on the trade front. What are they getting in a trade for him anyways? Has he made any big plays since he's been here?

Disagree with Saleh addressing this, it's his agent tweeting some sh*t.  A HC should not stoop to that level and address or respond in anyway, IMO.  

I have no clue what you can get for Maye but the guy got a 4 for Chris Herndon and Maye is definitely a better player than him.

5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Disagree with Saleh addressing this, it's his agent tweeting some sh*t.  A HC should not stoop to that level and address or respond in anyway, IMO.  

I have no clue what you can get for Maye but the guy got a 4 for Chris Herndon and Maye is definitely a better player than him.

I mean he has a player on the team flat out jaking an injury and having his agent doing his trade bidding on social media. Regardless if this being an inherited problem player for Saleh, it certainly isnt helping this culture change. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Sorta like how nobody paid Jamal, Robby, Leo, and Sam, huh?

Oh, wait….

Well Jamal, Sam, and Leo were all top 10 picks.  The Robbie one I think everyone screwed up because Robbie signed for so little in the end, whereas JD probably felt/knew he wanted a lot more to stay.  Can't say for sure, but of the 3, he's the only one who is getting paid beyond what anyone would have expected after draft day, just not by whom we would have wanted. Maye on the other hand was a 2nd rounder who lost his captaincy and is showing that he is injured more often than not over the course of his career, along with never making a defense better or really doing much of anything.  So if you think someone is going to sweep in and give him anywhere near $12 million a year you are insane.  I'd say he turns into Brian Poole scraping for $5m/1 year deals before he finally fades away is more likely.

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Maybe it’s because the culture change starts with the general manager and he’s been here for 3 years. 

SAR I

Franchising Maye was the right call imo. He's probably not a long term contract guy. It's Saleh's responsibility to get him to buy in and play hard. If Douglas and Saleh felt this wasn't possible, they should have moved on from him. He's a jag, jag+ anyways. Now the Jets have an agent embarrassing the locker room saying his client is faking an injury for the next 3-4 weeks so he can get traded.

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I mean he has a player on the team flat out jaking an injury and having his agent doing his trade bidding on social media. Regardless if this being an inherited problem player for Saleh, it certainly isnt helping this culture change. 

Is he faking the injury?  I thought that was real?  

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Franchising Maye was the right call imo. He's probably not a long term contract guy. It's Saleh's responsibility to get him to buy in and play hard. If Douglas and Saleh felt this wasn't possible, they should have moved on from him. He's a jag, jag+ anyways. Now the Jets have an agent embarrassing the locker room saying his client is faking an injury for the next 3-4 weeks so he can get traded.

Douglas‘ approach is inconsistent with the Johnson’s approach. The Johnson’s understand that they have to overpay for lesser talented people just to get them to want to come here.  

As Joe Douglas has first-hand experience in this area, you think he would’ve learned. 

SAR I

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

When everyone pats JD on his back for being a hard as$ this is the downside.  

The injury excuse is starting to kick in as a way for players who are UFA @ seasons end  to not risk injury.: Maye, Rankins, J Davis, K Cole, etc. 

Becton won’t rush back to this dumpster fire from injury, would you?

Woody is back. At this rate, he’ll clean house entirely again at year end (undo what Chrissy Johnson did/hired) and start fresh w/a new DE #1 pick and shiny new toys for idiots like @DWC FloridaJetsFan to get excited about & overhype next preseason.  :-( 

• Sympathy 1