Outside the box idea to replace Joe Douglas

KO91

3 hours ago, KO91 said:

When JD is fired next year or the year after perhaps the Jets should try something different.

Hire a proven winner from another sport like Lou Lamorillo or Brian Cashman. 

I think the skills would be transferable. 

How did that work out for the Mets with Brodie the Boob?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KO91 said:

When JD is fired next year or the year after perhaps the Jets should try something different.

Hire a proven winner from another sport like Lou Lamorillo or Brian Cashman. 

I think the skills would be transferable. 

BRIAN CASHMAN ????????????????????

This would be the Jets move

Jesus Christ

• Haha 2

Any well informed Jet fan could draft better than JD, Macagnan, Idzik, throw Gettleman in there too...it's that simple...nothing more complicated than that...drafting well is hugely overhyped as if it is some sort of black magic, it's not...a decent eye for football skills is more valuable than all of these combines where they measure guys physical skills rather than football acumen...GM's get wrapped up in all this sick culture and pre draft nonsense, draft boards, war rooms etc ...just draft good football players, stop reaching on guys like Ashtyn Davis, Perine, Morgan, Zuniga..those picks tell you all you need to know about JD...I said it at the time.  

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Eric Mangini & Tanny tandem.  Mangini picks the players and Tanny handles the contract language and cap.  

with all the talk about how Mangini picked the players i am rather shocked he never did become a GM. 

maybe the NFL doesn't consider that it was him who picked them. and the guys who are in the league would know that better than us

10 hours ago, doitny said:

with all the talk about how Mangini picked the players i am rather shocked he never did become a GM. 

maybe the NFL doesn't consider that it was him who picked them. and the guys who are in the league would know that better than us

Just a wild guess, but I think he pissed off a lot of people including the league office when he blew the whistle on camera gate.  He dragged the NFL shield through the mud and now he's on the secret no-hire list. 

3 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Just a wild guess, but I think he pissed off a lot of people including the league office when he blew the whistle on camera gate.  He dragged the NFL shield through the mud and now he's on the secret no-hire list. 

Is that why Mangini got a head coaching job, Defensive coordinator job, and TE coach hire afterwards?

27 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Is that why Mangini got a head coaching job, Defensive coordinator job, and TE coach hire afterwards?

Agree with you fully that my comment is not clearly defensible given the facts.  I think it would have been too transparent if they tossed him aside too quickly.  They may also have been worried about legal paper being filed by Mangini due to allegations of retaliation.   I don't think Mangini is liked.  Partly due to his personality and partly due to cameragate.  He is sort of a hot potato.