Does Zach Wilson actually have franchise QB potential?

WillyBk91

Right now a lot of the red flags that scouts had with Wilson’s film are showing. I can’t lie and say that i’m not worried. Trevor Lawrence is struggling too but you can just see that he will be good one day. His talent is obvious despite his situation but that’s not the case for Zach. Here’s a link to what i feel is an unbiased article on Wilson before the draft. https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.usatoday.com/2021/04/nfl-draft-zach-wilson-film-breakdown-scouting-report-2019/amp

Its scary how similar his struggles in 2019 are to his current ones. Remember 2019 he played a more realistic college football schedule unlike the 2020 cupcake schedule BYU played. Arm strength and accuracy are legit concerns right now. My personal observation is he looks scared to get hit. He’s not stepping up in open pockets to make throws and he’s not using his legs to run forward only sideways. He is mobile enough to run when necessary. Not saying its the case but when scouts talk about having concern with wealthy kids this is why. Do they have the guts to succeed in the NFL? Ive heard he’s tough in the press conferences but i’ve yet to see it in the games so far. I don’t want him to get hurt but playing scared is just as bad. He relied heavily on 50/50 balls in college. Contested catch receivers and tight ends are going to be necessary for him to have a chance. So what do the Jets do? Give him 5’9” Elijah Moore as an outside receiver and tell him to make it work.??‍♂️ No wonder he throws to 6’3” Corey Davis no matter how open he is, thats the type of receiver he likes. Anybody know of another 6’3” WR who we could use right now? Completely ignored the TE position in the draft and free agency. Need to make a trade for a TE this season like the Jags just did. LaFleur needs to get off Kyle Shanahan’s dick and help Zach succeed, cater towards what he can do and not expect him to do what his daddy Shanahan would want him to do. Kyle Shanahan wouldn’t even do that lol. Shanahan finally let Brandon Aiyuk out of the doghouse against the Packers. I fully expect LaFleur to follow his dad and let his own 2nd year receiver play against Tennessee. Im remembering now why i dropped to my knees in despair when the Jets lost out on Trevor Lawrence, at minimum it would take a prodigious  talent to work at QB with this organization. Zach Wilson is not that my friends, seems more like a game manager Baker Mayfield level QB who needs to be reigned in like Baker did. Mayfield is not going to elevate a team he needs an elite roster around him. I hate to pile on Wilson but I wanted Justin Fields so my patience is naturally thinner than most Jets fans who believed in Wilson’s potential.

• Thumb Down 11
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Arm strength is a concern? Wtf are you smoking 

Below are two examples. First climbing in the pocket with a free rusher still looking to pass not panicking even though he’s been sacked 15 times to the point.

the second is throwing an off platform frozen rope 40 yards in the air without the ball going no more than 10 yards off the ground 

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, WillyBk91 said:

Right now a lot of the red flags that scouts had with Wilson’s film are showing. I can’t lie and say that i’m not worried. Trevor Lawrence is struggling too but you can just see that he will be good one day. His talent is obvious despite his situation but that’s not the case for Zach. Here’s a link to what i feel is an unbiased article on Wilson before the draft. https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.usatoday.com/2021/04/nfl-draft-zach-wilson-film-breakdown-scouting-report-2019/amp

Its scary how similar his struggles in 2019 are to his current ones. Remember 2019 he played a more realistic college football schedule unlike the 2020 cupcake schedule BYU played. Arm strength and accuracy are legit concerns right now. My personal observation is he looks scared to get hit. He’s not stepping up in open pockets to make throws and he’s not using his legs to run forward only sideways. He is mobile enough to run when necessary. Not saying its the case but when scouts talk about having concern with wealthy kids this is why. Do they have the guts to succeed in the NFL? Ive heard he’s tough in the press conferences but i’ve yet to see it in the games so far. I don’t want him to get hurt but playing scared is just as bad. He relied heavily on 50/50 balls in college. Contested catch receivers and tight ends are going to be necessary for him to have a chance. So what do the Jets do? Give him 5’9” Elijah Moore as an outside receiver and tell him to make it work.??‍♂️ No wonder he throws to 6’3” Corey Davis no matter how open he is, thats the type of receiver he likes. Anybody know of another 6’3” WR who we could use right now? Completely ignored the TE position in the draft and free agency. Need to make a trade for a TE this season like the Jags just did. LaFleur needs to get off Kyle Shanahan’s dick and help Zach succeed, cater towards what he can do and not expect him to do what his daddy Shanahan would want him to do. Kyle Shanahan wouldn’t even do that lol. Shanahan finally let Brandon Aiyuk out of the doghouse against the Packers. I fully expect LaFleur to follow his dad and let his own 2nd year receiver play against Tennessee. Im remembering now why i dropped to my knees in despair when the Jets lost out on Trevor Lawrence, at minimum it would take a prodigious  talent to work at QB with this organization. Zach Wilson is not that my friends, seems more like a game manager Baker Mayfield level QB who needs to be reigned in like Baker did. Mayfield is not going to elevate a team he needs an elite roster around him. I hate to pile on Wilson but I wanted Justin Fields so my patience is naturally thinner than most Jets fans who believed in Wilson’s potential.

Solid 3rd post.  Not really. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

Yes.  He’s a rookie.   

Just not a Herbert or Burrow level rookie I’m aware. If his ceiling is the same as Darnold’s than it really was just a lateral move by the Jets like people were saying. Darnold was just as good as Wilson as a rookie so far, unimpressive rookies. Only cats that look legit are Trevor and Mac. Fields was my preference, he looked horrible lol but at least his running ability will translate. I watched that Texans/Panthers game, Davis Mills looked just as good as Zach has so far tbh. sh*t sucks. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, WillyBk91 said:

Just not a Herbert or Burrow level rookie I’m aware. If his ceiling is the same as Darnold’s than it really was just a lateral move by the Jets like people were saying. Darnold was just as good as Wilson as a rookie so far, unimpressive rookies. Only cats that look legit are Trevor and Mac. Fields was my preference, he looked horrible lol but at least his running ability will translate. I watched that Texans/Panthers game, Davis Mills looked just as good as Zach has so far tbh. sh*t sucks. 

You're not long for this world, Willy.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

Lmfao

You agree? If not you think he has Josh Allen or Matt Stafford level arm strength? Because thats elite level in the NFL. Bills play in the division where have you been. His whole thing coming out was “look I can throw it sideways like Mahomes too”?. sh*t is laughable right now.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Icer said:

Your troll game needs work. Need to start sh*tposting in the other threads before you put your blatant bait manifesto as a new thread on the main page with zero background.

I didn’t know the rules the website allowed me to do it with only a basic membership. What you need to see first a resume? I love the Jets watch all the games.

• Thumb Down 1