will mims actually start this week

kmnj

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

The Mims jones is strong with you, Crush.

No, I've explained this. It's not about Mims, its about the ineptitude of the offense and the receivers not getting open and catching balls. If our offense was functioning adequately I could care less about Mimms. But until then? FREE DENZEL!!

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Jet2020 said:

The guy who ‘supposedly’ stole his playing time. 

I don't care about playing time. I care about receivers making plays, moving the chains and scoring. Nobody who is getting playing time is doing that at all!. So FRE#E DENZEL and see if he can help this slap dick anemic offense. It's not a difficult concept.

Honestly just play Mims and have him return punts.  He should be able to catch them, and there really doesn't seem to be any thought to when they do a fair catch inside the 20 anymore, so how bad could it be?  Berrios does nothing.  At least it would move the conversation forward.  Unless they have a plan with him where he always knew he would be inactive for the first 4 games anyway.  But we really don't know anything at all about what happens in locker rooms.

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I don't care about playing time. I care about receivers making plays, moving the chains and scoring. Nobody who is getting playing time is doing that at all!. So FRE#E DENZEL and see if he can help this slap dick anemic offense. It's not a difficult concept.

My guess is he’s been worse in practice than the players putting up this “slap dick anemic” sh*t show.

The plus side is, you can’t score negative points on offense so why not? Maybe we’ll catch lightening in a bottle? Just don’t hold your breath. 

1 minute ago, Jet2020 said:

My guess is he’s been worse in practice than the players putting up this “slap dick anemic” sh*t show.

The plus side is, you can’t score negative points on offense so why not? Maybe we’ll catch lightening in a bottle? Just don’t hold your breath. 

I don’t give a shot  what he does or doesn’t  do in practice. In three attempts he caught a 40 yard pass in the first game. Put him back in, see if he can do it again. If he can’t cut him or trade him, don’t care, but we need to do something Other  than what we are doing. We can at least agree it isn’t working, 

Just now, The Crusher said:

I don’t give a shot  what he does or doesn’t  do in practice. In three attempts he caught a 40 yard pass in the first game. Put him back in, see if he can do it again. If he can’t cut him or trade him, don’t care, but we need to do something Other  than what we are doing. We can at least agree it isn’t working, 

Haven't you heard we have one of the best WR corps in the NFL tough lineup to crack. 

9 hours ago, Origen said:

Honestly just play Mims and have him return punts.  He should be able to catch them, and there really doesn't seem to be any thought to when they do a fair catch inside the 20 anymore, so how bad could it be?  Berrios does nothing.  At least it would move the conversation forward.  Unless they have a plan with him where he always knew he would be inactive for the first 4 games anyway.  But we really don't know anything at all about what happens in locker rooms.

Punt Returns - 10.5 yards per return. 

Kick off returns - 23.2 yards per return

image.png.ff0dbe35104bece95f3e9147abce9c69.png

You don't have to like Berrios but he is the best returner that we have and it's not his fault that Mims can't learn the playbook.

He does fine in the slot. I don't blame Wilson for throwing it to him. The other WRs need to be better so that Berrios is not option 1.

image.png

13 hours ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

Really pissed re: Elijah Moore.  Got blasted head to head at the center of the play but of course no penalty.  I know we are the worst, least disciplined team in the sport and that the only penalties we merit are meaningless makeup calls once the game has been decided but that was a blatant no call and now our guy is knocked out.  

i'm surprised this wasn't brought up earlier.  i remember seeing moore catch a pass at the sideline and then get blasted helmet to helmet.  the announcers said zilch.  and remember last year when a denver player body slammed darnold?

9 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

Well, he could have the ball go off his hands and get intercepted AND returned for 6. At least our starters make sure tipped passes that get intercepted are not returned for a TD. ;-) 

9 hours ago, The Crusher said:

On one target. 100% catch rate / 1st down rate. :D 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, kmnj said:

yes yes yes another mims thread-one of the only interesting things about the jets this season is the mims enigma

Will the coaches finally free Denzel or are they still waiting for him to learn how to play wr ?

one could argue Denzel from the bench is almost as productive as some of the guys actually on the field -how much more harm can he do? I assume he knows the players in the other color jersey is the opponent and not to run into wilson some how

14 hours ago, JiFapono said:

...so much so that you give yourself positive rep

…thats the joke

this is the same clown who literally hunts down all my posts and downvotes them

you’ve literally gone to my profile, clicked on all my posts, and then downvoted all of them LMFAO

take a look in the mirror kid

SEEK HELP

• Thumb Down 1

11 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I love how you replaced the i with an o in sh*t.

Thinking on your feet...... errrrr fingertips 

25 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

…thats the joke

this is the same clown who literally hunts down all my posts and downvotes them

you’ve literally gone to my profile, clicked on all my posts, and then downvoted all of them LMFAO

take a look in the mirror kid

SEEK HELP

You started it!!! 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

I still don't understand all of the fallout on Mims not playing. He  caught one long pass. He hasn't shown enough in practice, chalk talks or behind the scenes to hit the field and it's probably a coaching up decision. I kind of have to accept the decisions of the CS they have not as yet proven to be an incompetent group. 0-3 does not mean they don't know what they're doing. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I still don't understand all of the fallout on Mims not playing. He  caught one long pass. He hasn't shown enough in practice, chalk talks or behind the scenes to hit the field and it's probably a coaching up decision. I kind of have to accept the decisions of the CS they have not as yet proven to be an incompetent group. 0-3 does not mean they don't know what they're doing. 

Listen we scored 0 points the last 2 games, even Gase was better than that.

If 0 ppg in a passing league doesn’t tell you the coaching staff is clueless, idk what will 

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

Listen we scored 0 points the last 2 games, even Gase was better than that.

If 0 ppg in a passing league doesn’t tell you the coaching staff is clueless, idk what will 

They got shut out by the Patriots?  News to me.  Gase was shut out in Miami last year.  Also at home against New England in 2019.  They were shut out the last time they were in Denver in 2017.  They had 3 games in 2020 where they scored less points than they did against the Pats.  In one four game stretch last year, they scored 29 points.  It's not that I don't feel that we must do better, but it's not like the team hasn't been this bad or worse recently.  Gase started out 0-4 and the last 3 of those they scored 23 points.   3 more than they have now, or the same if  it weren't for the delay of game on the backup punter.