Greenie rant

kevinc855

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m glad he said it, even jokingly. A lot of people who were livid about Gase have gone into hiding over Saleh, and this team is less prepared than Gase’s team. Imagine what the team would look like if they had to run out their #3 QB for any length of time. 

Luke Falk is out of the NFL with good reason. 

Josh Johnson could he be any worse. 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m glad he said it, even jokingly. A lot of people who were livid about Gase have gone into hiding over Saleh, and this team is less prepared than Gase’s team. Imagine what the team would look like if they had to run out their #3 QB for any length of time. 

Did you know that the great Adam Gase started his career as a Head Coach 1-4 when he took over a veteran led team? 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

greenie is a moron and just another reason to never, ever watch espn.  even if he is being honest about what he sees, he has always been a go with the wind type of guy.  i doubt if he's a real jets fan.  i think the glass is more full than people want to admit.  this team wouldn't look quite so bad if they were scoring some points.  that's all it takes.  the defense and the specials are doing their job.  remember the last few seasons where the defense couldn't force three and outs?  if the offense can capitalize on these then things turn out much better.  no defense is so good these days that they can lock down a team for all 4 qtrs.  just about every team is capable of moving the ball.  but if a defense can get three and outs enough times in a game then it can make a huge difference, assuming the offense is moving the ball.  thus far they aren't and it is shown in the record.

• WTF? 3
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Another county heard from

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

greenie is a moron and just another reason to never, ever watch espn.  even if he is being honest about what he sees, he has always been a go with the wind type of guy.  i doubt if he's a real jets fan.  i think the glass is more full than people want to admit.  this team wouldn't look quite so bad if they were scoring some points.  that's all it takes.  the defense and the specials are doing their job.  remember the last few seasons where the defense couldn't force three and outs?  if the offense can capitalize on these then things turn out much better.  no defense is so good these days that they can lock down a team for all 4 qtrs.  just about every team is capable of moving the ball.  but if a defense can get three and outs enough times in a game then it can make a huge difference, assuming the offense is moving the ball.  thus far they aren't and it is shown in the record.

Tell where his rant was wrong again 

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, jago said:

they are clearly trying to fit players to the "system".
a classic blunder if they don't adjust asap.
plenty of posts about plays for zw that could help him.
and whatever blocking schemes they are using? holy crap.

This is the gm hc disconnect 

Joe isn’t giving the players he needs and Saleh believes to much in the system where he thinks he can do it with anyone 

Reality strike 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Tell where his rant was wrong again 

where he's wrong is that he's an idiot.  i'm sure he was one of those rah rah guys when saleh came on board.  now he's back stabbing the guy because he has buyers remorse.  if things turn around,  and they could pretty quickly, is he going to eat his words?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

LOL  the defenders of Gase are actually trying to spin some web about Gase being hard done by and not all that bad because Saleh has not been good so far?

This is starting to look  like the bring back Rex crew

No.  

I think what they’re saying is be careful what you wish for because it could be worse.  And when you’re wrong, be a man, face the music.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

where he's wrong is that he's an idiot.  i'm sure he was one of those rah rah guys when saleh came on board.  now he's back stabbing the guy because he has buyers remorse.  if things turn around,  and they could pretty quickly, is he going to eat his words?

Deep take 

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

LOL  the defenders of Gase are actually trying to spin some web about Gase being hard done by and not all that bad because Saleh has not been good so far?

This is starting to look  like the bring back Rex crew

Some poster—whose name I’m forgetting—said it best. People had the right to immediately hate Gase because they knew he sucked in Miami. But, we have to afford Saleh some time because we don’t know how badly he sucks yet. But he has sucked so far. Badly. The wolves lie in wait, and they haven’t forgotten

• Sympathy 2

Now the fantasy community is piling on too.  Saw this blurb under Julio Jones' status...

Brown was never considered likely to suit up against the Jets, but the Julio news did not break until Wednesday. Jones is the sort who could barely practice then suit up, but he is definitely on the wrong side of questionable after back-to-back DNPs. 32-year-old Jones also has a history of performing poorly when he is at less than full health. The Titans could be forced to get weird with Nick Westbrook-Ikhine, Josh Reynolds and Chester Rogers, and perhaps leave an opening for the awful Jets to steal a victory at home. Jones' status will be updated no later than Friday afternoon

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

This is the gm hc disconnect 

Joe isn’t giving the players he needs and Saleh believes to much in the system where he thinks he can do it with anyone 

Reality strike 

It’s still stunning to me that Saleh has taken two very slow collegiate safeties and is trying to turn them into OLBs in real time, but they’ve sucked, so he has to sub them out with street free agents like Quinnen’s brother and DelShawn Phillips. I get that Saleh has to produce his version of Dre Greenlaw, but that’s what the practice squad is for.

• Sympathy 3

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Lol, you and SAR, last of the Gase defenders.

A lonely hill to die on.

IMO, it’s not so much defending Gase himself as it is agreeing with Gase that the franchise was (and is) in disarray and it needed to be purged from tip to stern. Jets fans despise coaches that tell them the org is ass and it’s going to be a multi-year turnaround, and they love the meathead coaches that come in and tell them some hokey sh*t about fightin’ and wrasslin’ and how greatness is just around the corner if you just believe hard enough and parrot some dopey cliches like “All Gas No Brake.” 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s still stunning to me that Saleh has taken two very slow collegiate safeties and is trying to turn them into OLBs in real time, but they’ve sucked, so he has to sub them out with street free agents like Quinnen’s brother and DelShawn Phillips. I get that Saleh has to produce his version of Dre Greenlaw, but that’s what the practice squad is for.

He’s trying to do to much to quick. Recipe for disaster. This is New York man. Results. Fans will start booing media will start Chirping 

Just now, kevinc855 said:

He’s trying to do to much to quick. Recipe for disaster. This is New York man. Results. Fans will start booing media will start Chirping 

I think he’s got an ego problem and he’s about three weeks away from saying some Ray Handley sh*t to Michael Kay about how every fan is too stupid to understand “real football” and he’ll never recover

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They aren’t tearing down. This is it. This is the boot.

Well...yeah.  That's what I've been saying and why I keep wondering why everyone is freaking out so much.  Last year tear down.  This year bare bones.  Next year reap rewards.  Year after year build upon success. Now, you can be negative if you want as this is short term garbage once again, but being negative and being a Jets fan is just sooooo boring.  I'd rather have hope looking into the abyss, because we really don't have a better team than last year.  We got a lot younger and changed everything.  We were absolute garbage last year and I hated more that we won 2x than that we lost the others after a while.  But with this group I'm looking at players.  I'm looking at plays.  I'm scouting to see who is going to be around next year when we have a bunch of draft picks and a ton of cap space to really address the weaknesses.  I guess that's how I make it through this year.  Hope this year they keep working and figure stuff out and then next year is better! 

37 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Sorry but I have to disagree with the D comment.  We lost two games by double digits and we, and me in particular, roasted AG last year for the very same thing... ranger,  what am I missing here?  The TomS said it best about the LB, except for Mosley, they all suck.  The CB are playing zone 75% of the time to mask the fact they can not man cover, just saying. 

• Upvote 1