Greenie rant

kevinc855

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

What does that matter?  What if Robert Saleh's overall coaching tree pedigree is infinitely deeper than Adam Gase's?

Jets fans are mostly Mets fans and Mets fans care way too much about the optics.  As soon as I saw Gase's googly eyes press conference I knew the Mets fans were going to get him killed, and they did.

And now we're the NFL Mets.  Brilliant.

SAR I

hey, dont disrespect the Mets like that. they have 2 WS and been there 5 times. last one in 2015. they avg one WS appearance every 13-15 years. lol

and Cohen is going to spend wild this offseason and get rid of that horrible Luis Rojas. they will be back sooner than 15 years. i don't think you can compare us to any NY franchise. they all have been to the championship game of there sport more than us.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Lafleur has been the bigger problem then Saleh himself...our defense looks prepared and plays tough....but Saleh hired Lafleur so it still falls on him 

I will believe in this defense when it makes a stop when it counts.  Holding teams to 24 points a game isn't a big deal when the opposing teams start running out the clock in the 2nd quarter. 

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m glad he said it, even jokingly. A lot of people who were livid about Gase have gone into hiding over Saleh, and this team is less prepared than Gase’s team. Imagine what the team would look like if they had to run out their #3 QB for any length of time. 

Says the guy who still sh*ts on Rex.

Saleh being worse than Gase doesn't make Gase any less terrible. Both being incompetent would be pretty standard for the Jets. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Says the guy who still sh*ts on Rex.

Saleh being worse than Gase doesn't make Gase any less terrible. Both being incompetent would be pretty standard for the Jets. 

Listen to the Rex interview on this sh*t. It’s in the last 45 minutes. Does this sound like a well man??

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/pardon-my-take/id1089022756?i=1000536937056

11 hours ago, SOJ said:

Sorry but I have to disagree with the D comment.  We lost two games by double digits and we, and me in particular, roasted AG last year for the very same thing... ranger,  what am I missing here?  The TomS said it best about the LB, except for Mosley, they all suck.  The CB are playing zone 75% of the time to mask the fact they can not man cover, just saying. 

watch what happens if the offense starts to score.  the defense is playing pretty well right now.  when was the last time you saw a jets defense force a three and out when it mattered?  it's happened a few times so far this season.  and so what if the corners don't play man if the zone coverage is working.  it kind of makes it easier for the corners to know what areas they are responsible for.

12 hours ago, Origen said:

So everybody is on board with a total tear-down reboot, just not THIS time?

Having a guy drop off a  dumpster and giving some meatheads sledgehammers is all you need for a tear down.  At some point you need some guys with actual skill to put in the plumbing, electric and finish carpentry.

7 minutes ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

There's no way in hell Saleh's team has looked worse than Gase's teams. Lotta folks just don't seem to remember cause you're looking at this product on the field . Gase gave us 2 years of sh@t . Go back and look at the tape ,,you'll see

Sent from my SM-G996U using JetNation.com mobile app

Look at these numbers back to back to back 34 point games? I take that back. Again not saying Gase was the answer but Salehs team has had 20 points in 3 weeks 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/2019/gamelog/

1 hour ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

There's no way in hell Saleh's team has looked worse than Gase's teams. Lotta folks just don't seem to remember cause you're looking at this product on the field . Gase gave us 2 years of sh@t . Go back and look at the tape ,,you'll see

Sent from my SM-G996U using JetNation.com mobile app

Under Gase we generally had an opening drive.  It didn't go to sh*t until the script played out and the other team adjusted.  This team doesn't even have a script to open a game.  It looks like an ameteur improve.

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Serious question, though: who would you say is more qualified to teach Zack Wilson how to be a professional QB—Adam Gase or Doogie LaFleur?

Based on the away-from-Gase results of Tannehill and Darnold, I’d have a tough time seeing Gase as any sort of asset.

Best case to be made is he’s a lesser of these particular two evils, but even that rosy view of him is tbd since the latter (whom I’m no fan of yet) has only had 3 games.

LaFleur so far seems too wedded to scheme, even if he doesn’t have the horses (whether the current personnel are ill fits innately or by inexperience). That may be due to his own inexperience doing otherwise on a management-level scale, or it may mean he’s just terrible; too early to tell, though neither is flattering.

Being totally honest, do you know who LaFleur reminds me of, force-feeding I/O ZB with guys who are (at best) unready for it at this juncture? Eric Mangini, force-feeding a pure 3-4 defensive front with D.Robertson at zero. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, rangerous said:

greenie is a moron and just another reason to never, ever watch espn.  even if he is being honest about what he sees, he has always been a go with the wind type of guy.  i doubt if he's a real jets fan.  i think the glass is more full than people want to admit.  this team wouldn't look quite so bad if they were scoring some points.  that's all it takes.  the defense and the specials are doing their job.  remember the last few seasons where the defense couldn't force three and outs?  if the offense can capitalize on these then things turn out much better.  no defense is so good these days that they can lock down a team for all 4 qtrs.  just about every team is capable of moving the ball.  but if a defense can get three and outs enough times in a game then it can make a huge difference, assuming the offense is moving the ball.  thus far they aren't and it is shown in the record.

I normally read these threads for entertainment and don't  comment but I literally  said wtf out loud  reading this. ST has played good? A 56 yard FG was wiped out because they could snap the ball before the play clock expired.  People blame Saleh for yhat but it is the holders responsibility to get the ball snapped. The defense has played well? Did you see Harris make Jet defenders look like bumpers in a pinball machine on his way to a TD. That was a play after seeing it where I said the defenders just gave up. 

Here is my point, the whole freaking team stinks. Wait until Sunday. I have a feeling Henry will set the rushing record against us. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

This is the gm hc disconnect 

Joe isn’t giving the players he needs and Saleh believes to much in the system where he thinks he can do it with anyone 

Reality strike 

To be honest, I think he believea he can teach this system to them. The team just isn't  getting it, including Zack. 

It's  a long way from Preseason where Zack looked like he belonged playing against second against second ans third string defenses.

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

watch what happens if the offense starts to score.  the defense is playing pretty well right now.  when was the last time you saw a jets defense force a three and out when it mattered?  it's happened a few times so far this season.  and so what if the corners don't play man if the zone coverage is working.  it kind of makes it easier for the corners to know what areas they are responsible for.

When has the Defense made a stop when it mattered. Where was this defensive stand that was game turning that I missed? They let Carolina ice the game in the 4th qrt. , they couldn't  stop the Pats the entire second half. I'm not even going to mention what they did last Sunday against  Denver who doesn't  even have a QB and is using a stop gap Bridgwater.

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

Under Gase we generally had an opening drive.  It didn't go to sh*t until the script played out and the other team adjusted.  This team doesn't even have a script to open a game.  It looks like an ameteur improve.

Overall you're talking 3 games compared to how many again? And none with a rookie QB or a rookie OC

10 minutes ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

Overall you're talking 3 games compared to how many again? And none with a rookie QB or a rookie OC

Saleh made the decision to bring a 34 rookie OC in......he was most def also in the discussions to trade Sam away and start a rookie QB with no camp competition from Day 1. 

• Upvote 2

I generally like Greenie actually, although both he and Golic are materially worse now without each other to play off IMO.

With that said, "I miss Adam Gase" may be the single dumbest thing any Jets Fan has ever said.

SAR and Tom may be enjoying trolling us all with their endlessly ridiculous theories of Gase love, "smart man", "right man for the rebuild", lol, but no one serious can look at the Gase era and find anything positive from it. 

Gase started the period of rock bottom we are in today, and no, he didn't do it on purpose as some kind of brilliant long-term tear-down plan we were too stupid to let play out, lol.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

With that said, "I miss Adam Gase" may be the single dumbest thing any Jets Fan has ever said

Agreed the comment was a little over the top and off script. However, I can relate to his bewilderment that the 2021 Jets actually look worse then the 2020 Jets. I think thats what his point was. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, doitny said:

hey, dont disrespect the Mets like that. they have 2 WS and been there 5 times. last one in 2015. they avg one WS appearance every 13-15 years. lol

and Cohen is going to spend wild this offseason and get rid of that horrible Luis Rojas. they will be back sooner than 15 years. i don't think you can compare us to any NY franchise. they all have been to the championship game of there sport more than us.

Yankee fan here, sorry, can't relate.

SAR I

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

This will only be worse if it lasts for more than two seasons.  Gase got two seasons.  

There actually is a way this can be worse even if it has only been a few games.

I think we all know that when we go to work and there's a new boss the first couple months means everything, you get a feel for who the guy is, how he responds, how good he is to work for, etc. etc.  And if Robert Saleh is getting this type of effort and this type of response after only a handful of games, there is genuine reason for concern.

Going 0-3 with the youngest roster in the NFL and an all-rookie staff makes sense.  I don't think anyone is disappointed with the record, frankly.  It's the weak effort.  It's the lack of passion.  This is what the 2014 Ryan Jets felt like in November, this is what the 2016 Bowles Jets felt like in December, the quit was on, the guys had packed it in, Revis was whiffing on tackles because he didn't want an injury before vacation, you remember.  That's what the Saleh Jets feel like.  And it's September.  Just unacceptable.

SAR I

34 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I generally like Greenie actually, although both he and Golic are materially worse now without each other to play off IMO.

With that said, "I miss Adam Gase" may be the single dumbest thing any Jets Fan has ever said.

SAR and Tom may be enjoying trolling us all with their endlessly ridiculous theories of Gase love, "smart man", "right man for the rebuild", lol, but no one serious can look at the Gase era and find anything positive from it. 

Gase started the period of rock bottom we are in today, and no, he didn't do it on purpose as some kind of brilliant long-term tear-down plan we were too stupid to let play out, lol.  

He should have used Lou Holtz to make the same point.  

• Haha 1