Mike LaFleur is in over his head!

Nixhead

Barnwell gets a bit of a bum rap on this site and he does have his head up his arse some times, but reading his article on the struggles of the rookie quarterbacks, it makes it clear that Wilson is the least of the problems on offence right now. Blocking, wide receiver drops and scheme all are bigger contributors. This comes back to LaFleur not putting Wilson in the best position to succeed.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/32306514/trevor-lawrence-zach-wilson-justin-fields-mac-jones-disaster-explaining-nfl-rookie-qbs-early-season-issues

• Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

I’m not impressed with this guy at all. I don’t like his answers or basically anything he’s doing. These guys on offense have been together for enough time to execute some simple passing plays - but they can’t.  Our lack of offense is on this guy. Hope he proves me wrong but I just don’t see it happening ?.

He drowned?

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Mike Lafleur is going to be a great OC for us.  Cant wait to watch him progress.  Once it clicks for these young guys, we will see improvement game over game.

We r lucky to have mike lafleur.

Joe - I hope your right - I really do! But just the fact that they have Mims inactive - a receiver that can help Wilsons progress even if he's just a decoy makes me think otherwise. Maybe management is doing this to Mims to get him to follow some rules or something like that - but its at the detriment of Zach Wilsons development. A big fast target like Mims has to be accounted for which can only help the other receivers. I like Berrios but let him catch the ball then push him over - teams can put their worst corner on Berrios and still be safe. It is an absolute no brainer to have Mims out there. Now if the offense was ripping it up without Mims then fine. But they suck. LaFleurs time is growing short here!

1 minute ago, Nixhead said:

Joe - I hope your right - I really do! But just the fact that they have Mims inactive - a receiver that can help Wilsons progress even if he's just a decoy makes me think otherwise. Maybe management is doing this to Mims to get him to follow some rules or something like that - but its at the detriment of Zach Wilsons development. A big fast target like Mims has to be accounted for which can only help the other receivers. I like Berrios but let him catch the ball then push him over - teams can put their worst corner on Berrios and still be safe. It is an absolute no brainer to have Mims out there. Now if the offense was ripping it up without Mims then fine. But they suck. LaFleurs time is growing short here!

Joe Douglas, Saleh and Lafleur have a long term vision.  And to do that, u need to sacrifice in the beginning to set the tone.  Mimsy is the sacrificial lamb.  He is being punished to show others what happens when u dont follow the program.  Year 1 is when u can afford to sacrifice.

Mimsy will be activated after the bye and have a great season for us.

Enjoy the ride Jet fans!!  We will be competing for a Super Bowl in 2023.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe Douglas, Saleh and Lafleur have a long term vision.  And to do that, u need to sacrifice in the beginning to set the tone.  Mimsy is the sacrificial lamb.  He is being punished to show others what happens when u dont follow the program.  Year 1 is when u can afford to sacrifice.

Mimsy will be activated after the bye and have a great season for us.

Enjoy the ride Jet fans!!  We will be competing for a Super Bowl in 2023.

Meth

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Mmm. How do you make this about mims. The man crush for mims on this site is just weird. It’s simple.  The guy needs to put his heart into the game and learn where to be when he is on the field. This isn’t street football where it’s run to the car and cut left. He isn’t on the field for a reason and that is solely on him. 

12 hours ago, Aussie Jet said:

Barnwell gets a bit of a bum rap on this site and he does have his head up his arse some times, but reading his article on the struggles of the rookie quarterbacks, it makes it clear that Wilson is the least of the problems on offence right now. Blocking, wide receiver drops and scheme all are bigger contributors. This comes back to LaFleur not putting Wilson in the best position to succeed.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/32306514/trevor-lawrence-zach-wilson-justin-fields-mac-jones-disaster-explaining-nfl-rookie-qbs-early-season-issues

So we're basically in the same situation as the past 3 years.  QB might be good, the offense and the coaches are not and could ruin him.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

• Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Mike Lafleur is going to be a great OC for us.  Cant wait to watch him progress.  Once it clicks for these young guys, we will see improvement game over game.

When you wake up after you got lucky with a rash and a burning sensation when you urinate it probably wasn't luck.  You got what you paid for.   

Three weeks as a rookie OC with a rookie QB behind a swiss cheese OL. I wasn't expecting him to be this wet behind the ears but it's three weeks, Three!

If he makes even slight improvements from week to week, I consider that a win. This year has been about development from day one, and we need to temper any expectations about winning many football games. If we are having these same conversations in one week, two weeks, and beyond, it might be time to have Cavanaugh get heavily involved. First time Offensive coordinators also need to be developed. You might be right about him being over his head, at the moment.

11 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I like the optimism, but I'm not sure if you are being tongue-in-cheek or are being serious. 

Unfortunately for us, the fans of this horrible excuse of a pro football team, that guy will never be fired by Saleh because he was the best man at the guy's wedding for crying out loud. So boys and girls-we are stuck with this piece of crap for the foreseeable future or until Saleh gets himself fired and we end up hiring ANOTHER over-his-head 1st time HC who was defensive co-ordinator on a team whose success was attributed to having a great pass rusher and a pro bowler at defensive position making us all excited during TC until we see that the player WE have are nowhere NEAR that skill level.

S.A.I.E.W.image.jpeg.9d93f0a4bd1b04fbc051b7fc65857868.jpeg

Never really look too much into press conference but wont lie, was very concerning to hear him say that Wilson is fundamentally sound and that he just got out of whack 1 game.  That's highly concerning because he is absolutely not fundamentally sound.  He needs to learn a lot about footwork and pocket awareness.  This is what makes me nervous about this coaching staff w/ the tragic passing of Knapp, I dont think anyone is addressing this at all.  It's a problem.  Kids got talent, he's a hell of a lot tougher then I thought he'd be, he needs better protection, better WR play and play calling but someone has to be teaching him the fundamentals and nuances he very clearly lacks and it scares me to hear that his OC seems to think he's fine.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1