This is disturbing

The blocking scheme is so utterly  atrocious.  Just like in that other highlight one of our olieman is just blocking air because he is covering a gap.  But wait other teams are smart enough to over load other gaps.  Zone blocking for runs?  Fine I suppose.  Zone blocking on pass plays stinks.  So easily countered by a good DC.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, longsuffering88 said:

I stole this pic from you guys

Props 

but it needs to be its own thread

the media needs to see it and ask questions

how can a legit OC call a play with these routes (bunched and SHORT of sticks) on multiple occasions ?

DA4E78A8-EDC6-4F43-98B2-41AB5135B200.jpeg

does anyone have that other pic from the Patriots game with the MLB running up the A Gap unblocked and the two idiots staring at each other on the right?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, longsuffering88 said:

Props 

how can a legit OC call a play with these routes (bunched and SHORT of sticks) on multiple occasions ?

You honestly think anyone, even Adam Gase, would design a play where 3 guys run the exact same route?  No wonder the jets suck, the fans are just as dumb.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

You honestly think anyone, even Adam Gase, would design a play where 3 guys run the exact same route?  No wonder the jets suck, the fans are just as dumb.

Do you think that the play was designed that way? One WR missed his assignment. Your guess is just as valid/invalid as mine. Even if it was a poorly designed play, it will never be as bad as Gore up the gut on first and second down.

• Upvote 2

Just now, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Do you think that the play was designed that way? One WR missed his assignment. Your guess is just as valid/invalid as mine. Even if it was a poorly designed play, it will never be as bad as Gore up the gut on first and second down.

I posted this exact screenshot in a different thread 3 days ago.  There is no way the play was designed this way, probably 2 guys ran the wrong route.  It’s a reason why Mims should be playing if the WRs that supposedly know the playbook are doing this.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

This is the most over analyzed, blown out of proportion play in the history of this franchise.  There was an easy completion to be had on this play, question the design and intent all you want, this play did not need to result in a sack.  

3rd down and only “open” guy is 5 yards behind the line to gain moving away from the first down marker with a defender in perfect position to blow him up or even pick off the pass. Not to mention the fact that there are 5 other players within 5 yards making the read a mess and a free rusher is the cherry on top. 

• Upvote 1

I've heard it stated multiple times this week.

This was an F-up by one of the receivers not the play design.

Zach is being asked to QB in an offense not only is his OL missing asignments all over the place and allowing free blitzes and WR that can't catch..

But he also has a situation where he can't trust his receivers to be where they're supposed to.

This is where the Jets offense is right now.  They don't have basic, pop-warner level fundamentals down.

Catching the ball and being in the place you're supposed to be.  The very, very basics the Jets can't do right now.

It is VERY ugly.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

Come on people, it's been 3 games with a first time HC, a first time OC, and a rookie QB. I'm not a patient person and I've been a frustrated Jets fan for 50 years but let's give them a little time. Anyone who thought we were a playoff team this year is delusional. If by the end of the season the team overall isn't showing improvement, then maybe it's time to panic. Week 3 is waaayyy too early to panic, especially for a team full of rookies, including the coaching staff.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, heymangold said:

I posted this exact screenshot in a different thread 3 days ago.  There is no way the play was designed this way, probably 2 guys ran the wrong route.  It’s a reason why Mims should be playing if the WRs that supposedly know the playbook are doing this.

The thing is, we don't know how often this is happening.  It's almost certainly not an isolated incident.  

I really feel bad ZW right now.

10 hours ago, longsuffering88 said:

Props 

Shanahan’s dad won 2 SB in Denver with plays just like that.  It’s the “system”

10 hours ago, longsuffering88 said:

Props 

holy overreaction batman

this can a random pic from any game played last sunday

nothing to see here, queens

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

The thing is, we don't know how often this is happening.  It's almost certainly not an isolated incident.  

I really feel bad ZW right now.

You’re right.  My defense of Mims is in that photo.  You got the HC and OC saying he doesn’t know the playbook, then you got 3 guys running the same route.  

You also have a guy shredding your C/RG moments after you get the snap.  

It’s insanity that anyone is getting on this kid 3 games into his career with this mess they have going on.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, longsuffering88 said:

Props 

IMO this has to be somebody ran the wrong route.  Really doubt any OC would design a play to result in this bunching.