The Good, The Bad, The Ugly...

I felt I needed to say this because I have been very critical about the product the Jets have put out.  I also think Benigno's comment describing Saleh as being too nice of a guy is absolute nonsense.  It is completely sophomoric.  You don't have to be a goon to be a winning coach or a winning administrator or a winning player.  You can be a gentleman and still win. 

Yes... The Jets have been horrible.  They are deserving of the dead last power ranking that they are being given. 

However... 

Saleh's defense shows real signs of a workable vision in progress.   You also don't see things like procedural penalties at the begging of a possession, 12 men on the field, bad clock management or general confusion.  Saleh has not been the problem. 

What I am seeing is a GM that has done a horrible job at building a roster and an OC that is WAY OUT OF HIS DEPTH. 

Saleh GOOD.  JD BAD.  LeFleur. UGLY

I think Saleh has all the tools to be a good HC.  It wont work out for him with the Jets due to JD and LeFleur. 

And... When JD gets the axe, the new GM will want his own HC.

For Saleh, this is a learning experience, but he's not going to be a winning HC with the Jets, due to JD and LeFleur. 

Just now, Larz said:

No other NFL team would have Sherwood on the field. He’s trash. 

JD is forcing his picks to play and calling it an investment. 

no NFL team functions that way. You compete and earn it. 

its mind boggling 

I'm really not sure this is true.  I'm as down on JD as the next guy, but I think he's been the opposite of that.

His 2nd round pick last year has been inactive for two weeks.  His 3rd round pick didn't make the team and is on the practice squad.  His 4th round didn't make the team...

I mean - the Jets are certainly short handed but I don't think it's because JD is forcing his draft picks - he's just done a very poor job finding quality talent so we're playing garbage..

• Upvote 3

Connor at Center 

Fant and GVR (dont even me started)

Ty Johnson in the backfield

Krofty STARTING at TE

No True WR 1 

Berrios is getting action?

On the D side

JD is forcing some rookie LB's and CB's out there

DLine maybe the only well functioning unit 

When you look at that roster, how do you expect to win in this league???

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm really not sure this is true.  I'm as down on JD as the next guy, but I think he's been the opposite of that.

His 2nd round pick last year has been inactive for two weeks.  His 3rd round pick didn't make the team and is on the practice squad.  His 4th round didn't make the team...

I mean - the Jets are certainly short handed but I don't think it's because JD is forcing his draft picks - he's just done a very poor job finding quality talent so we're playing garbage..

Agree...  He is indeed forcing his guys to play... Because there is no one else to play.   Nothing to do with pride of authorship and everything to do with picking bad players.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

No other NFL team would have Sherwood on the field. He’s trash

JD is forcing his picks to play and calling it an investment. 

no NFL team functions that way. You compete and earn it. 

its mind boggling 

A wee bit unfair, he’s a rookie, and a late-round pick at that, who’s seeing extended early playing time because neither Jarrod Davis or Blake Cashman can stay upright. He’s also a safety in college who’s had 3 months to transition into being an NFL linebacker….you could point out many reasons why we are where we are and criticise the organisation but Jamian Sherwood is not one of them at this stage.

I’m no apologist for our GM but not sure how you can sayJoe Douglas is ‘forcing’ his picks on anyone when Denzel Mims isn’t seeing playing time 

3 hours ago, Bronx said:

Saleh is totally lost on the offense; not a great trait to label him as "good". 

I'd be totally lost if my running back was touching the ball at the same time as a defender. I'd be totally lost if my rookie QB was running for his life. I'd be totally lost too if my wide receivers and running backs were dropping catchable balls.

We agree that he hasn't been great, but he can only use the players given to him. GVR and CM are JD's problem. 

4 hours ago, THE BARON said:

You also don't see things like procedural penalties at the begging of a possession, 12 men on the field, bad clock management or general confusion.  Saleh has not been the problem. 

Am I losing my mind or did we watch completely different games on Sunday?