Has Any Team EVER Had This Kind of Consistent Run of Epic Failure on Offense?

2 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Just a comment regarding the observations of "consistency".

Through this run of suck, there really has been only one constant. Different QBs, different OC's, different HCs, different GM's.

Same owners.

Carry on.

yeah Woody is the problem. SMH

what do you think he is George Steinbrenner ? or Jerry Jones. those guys tell there GMs what to do, who to play...

Woody hired Casserly and Wolf 2 ex GMs who told him to hire Mac. Mac Hires Bowels.

again not knowing who to hire as coach Chris takes the advice of Peyton. thats how we got Gase.

Gase gets JD hired.

Woody admits he dont know football. just like every other owner. he asks for help from people who do know it. they failed him. 

Tanney said a couple of weeks ago that Woody was a great owner. he never interfered. isnt that what you want?

or do you want some career hedge fund guy or lawyer doing whatever he wants. telling them who to draft, who to play. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The NY Jets Offense over the past 10 years has been ranked: 2012 - 28th in Points, 30th in Yards, -94 in Point Differential, 6-10 under Rex Ryan & Mark Sanchez 2013 - 29th in points, 25t

-4 versus the Titans then? 

The dip before the rip, brah.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, peebag said:

The board would have had a different feel if the offense would have scored a couple tds against Denver

This.

If we were 0-3, but ranked 15th in Points and say 17th in Yards, with PD of a more reasonable -21 (that's three 7 point losses, on average), I think the entire fanbase would be much less hysterical with far fewer calling for heads after three weeks.

Sadly, the O so far is looking, so far, to be the worst in the entire period covered in the OP lacking significant and somewhat immediate improvement.  It's almost amazing, if we all weren't so used to it by now.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Warfish said:

The NY Jets Offense over the past 10 years has been ranked:

2012 - 28th in Points, 30th in Yards, -94 in Point Differential, 6-10 under Rex Ryan & Mark Sanchez

2013 - 29th in points, 25th in Yards, -97 in Point Differential, 8-8 under Rex Ryan & Geno Smith

2014 - 28th in Points, 22nd in Yards, -118 in Point Differential, 4-12 under Rex Ryan and Geno Smith

2015 - 11th in Points, 10th in Yards, +73 in Point Differential, 10-6 under Todd Bowles and Ryan Fitzpatrick

2016 - 30th in Points, 26th in Yards, -134 in Points Differential, 5-11 under Todd Bowles and Ryan Fitzpatrick

2017 - 24th in Points, 28th in Yards, -84 in Points Differential, 5-11 under Todd Bowles and Josh McCown

2018 - 23rd in Points, 29th in Yards, -108 in Points Differential, 4-12 under Todd Bowles and Sam Darnold

2019 - 31st in Points, 32nd in Yards, -83 in Points Differential, 7-9 under Adam Gase & Sam Darnold

2020 - 32nd in Points, 32nd in Yards, -214 in Points Differential, 2-14 under Adam Gase & Sam Darnold

2021 - 32nd in Points, 30th in Yards, -50 in Points Differential, 0-3 under Robert Saleh & Zach Wilson thru 3 games

----------------------

I'm willing to venture a guess that no NFL team in the history of this league has had a decade of Offensive ineptitude that can rival this period of Jets football.

4 Coaches.  6 QB's. Average Offensive Ranking, 26th in both Points and Yards.  A .346 winning %.

Take out the 2015 fluke under Fitz, and it's a horror show.  Avg. rank of 28th/28th and a .312 winning %.

I don't feel like doing all the math required nor do I have source that tracks it in this way, but I'm willing to wager our Offensive rank, cumulative over this period, would be 32nd/32nd, worst in the NFL in both categories.

It's almost hard to believe any NFL Team, in a league designed for Offense and designed to have parity amongst it's teams, could be so consistently bad for such a consistently long period of time.  

While we still have 14 games left this year, the frustration of our fan base at this point is 100% understandable.

This level of futility on Offense is, I believe, historic in it's scope and breadth.

not fun looking at this.  remember back when they did score points?  i remember nbc calling them the high flying jets because they did have a decent defense.  who knows how well they would've done in the afce even under walton had the doltfins not had marino or the patsie playing so well for a couple of seasons.

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

2012 - 28th in Points, 30th in Yards, -94 in Point Differential, 6-10 under Rex Ryan & Mark Sanchez

2013 - 29th in points, 25th in Yards, -97 in Point Differential, 8-8 under Rex Ryan & Geno Smith

2014 - 28th in Points, 22nd in Yards, -118 in Point Differential, 4-12 under Rex Ryan and Geno Smith

2015 - 11th in Points, 10th in Yards, +73 in Point Differential, 10-6 under Todd Bowles and Ryan Fitzpatrick

2016 - 30th in Points, 26th in Yards, -134 in Points Differential, 5-11 under Todd Bowles and Ryan Fitzpatrick

2017 - 24th in Points, 28th in Yards, -84 in Points Differential, 5-11 under Todd Bowles and Josh McCown

2018 - 23rd in Points, 29th in Yards, -108 in Points Differential, 4-12 under Todd Bowles and Sam Darnold

2019 - 31st in Points, 32nd in Yards, -83 in Points Differential, 7-9 under Adam Gase & Sam Darnold

2020 - 32nd in Points, 32nd in Yards, -214 in Points Differential, 2-14 under Adam Gase & Sam Darnold

2021 - 32nd in Points, 30th in Yards, -50 in Points Differential, 0-3 under Robert Saleh & Zach Wilson thru 3 games

----------------------

I'm willing to venture a guess that no NFL team in the history of this league has had a decade of Offensive ineptitude that can rival this period of Jets football.

4 Coaches.  6 QB's. Average Offensive Ranking, 26th in both Points and Yards.  A .346 winning %.

Take out the 2015 fluke under Fitz, and it's a horror show.  Avg. rank of 28th/28th and a .312 winning %.

I don't feel like doing all the math required nor do I have source that tracks it in this way, but I'm willing to wager our Offensive rank, cumulative over this period, would be 32nd/32nd, worst in the NFL in both categories.

It's almost hard to believe any NFL Team, in a league designed for Offense and designed to have parity amongst it's teams, could be so consistently bad for such a consistently long period of time.  

While we still have 14 games left this year, the frustration of our fan base at this point is 100% understandable.

This level of futility on Offense is, I believe, historic in it's scope and breadth.

Not, sure. Kotite's 1-15 year (I watched very game) was like what you see from the Jags now where most games if not all were competitive, but they just didn't know how to win. That is where the SOJ label came from, and when we have been in states like this you have to hear, no we are not the SOJ, we are worse. The leap to competitive that hopefully comes at one point would be nice to skip the SOJ stage thereafter so we compete and also win a lot, kinda like you see with the Bengals at least through the 1st 4 games.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

And as I always do when that point is raised, I'll just say this:  They're not selling, and they're not that old.

If one legitimately thinks the Owners are to blame, they really should consider moving on to another team.

Because it is almost assured that the Johnsons will own this team for at least another few decades at least.

And when they go, they'll likely just leave it to another Johnson.

I know all this. 

I've tried. I would love to drop the Jets. The NFL, for that matter. I haven't actually enjoyed it for years. But then Sundays come, and something inside of me forces me back on the couch for these trainwrecks.

I've stopped spending money though. I was a season ticket holder for a very long time. I stopped a few years back. Frankly, it sucks. My son is now 10 and I know this would be a great bonding experience we could share 8 times every Fall, but I just can't do it. I can't give another penny right to those two clueless idiots.

I know they likely won't sell. But you never know. Also, Woody is in his 70's and Chris his 60's. I'm in my mid-40's. I hold out reasonable hope that I'll live past them. Maybe when they are gone, there will be a new, competent ownership group that takes it off the family's hands.

18 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I know all this. 

I know you do old friend.  :)

18 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I've tried. I would love to drop the Jets. The NFL, for that matter. I haven't actually enjoyed it for years. But then Sundays come, and something inside of me forces me back on the couch for these trainwrecks.

I've stopped spending money though. I was a season ticket holder for a very long time. I stopped a few years back. Frankly, it sucks. My son is now 10 and I know this would be a great bonding experience we could share 8 times every Fall, but I just can't do it. I can't give another penny right to those two clueless idiots.

I know they likely won't sell. But you never know. Also, Woody is in his 70's and Chris his 60's. I'm in my mid-40's. I hold out reasonable hope that I'll live past them. Maybe when they are gone, there will be a new, competent ownership group that takes it off the family's hands.

Hope springs eternal.  I get ya.

3 hours ago, doitny said:

what do you think he is George Steinbrenner ? or Jerry Jones. those guys tell there GMs what to do, who to play...

Woody hired Casserly and Wolf 2 ex GMs who told him to hire Mac. Mac Hires Bowels.

again not knowing who to hire as coach Chris takes the advice of Peyton. thats how we got Gase.

Gase gets JD hired.

Woody admits he dont know football. just like every other owner. he asks for help from people who do know it. they failed him. 

Tanney said a couple of weeks ago that Woody was a great owner. he never interfered. isnt that what you want?

or do you want some career hedge fund guy or lawyer doing whatever he wants. telling them who to draft, who to play. 

I want an owner who knows how to run a business, not a trust fund baby who has never earned a penny of what he has, never has felt the threat of failure or the urgency to succeed. The Johnsons are spoiled children who don't know their ass from their elbow because they have never needed to.

By the way, you might want to come up with new examples better than Steinbrenner and Jones, who both won a pile of Championships. The Johnsons have won nothing. Ever. Except the genetic lottery.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, doitny said:

Gase gets JD hired.

Oh please lol. Woody when he hired Korn Ferry put absurd parameters on the hire (keeping Rex no matter what), hired Casserly to tell him he had to hire Casserly's friend who was being fired by Houston and would come cheap. Had Matt Rhule but didnt let him pick his staff. Taking advice from someone else and the advice being wrong doesn't absolve the top lol. Woody's been the common denominator for 20 years. He meddles and he doesnt know what he's doing. There's nothing preventing him from opening up the checkbook and bringing in someone proven. All of these hires have been first time coaches besides Gase (a short and bad stint in Miami) as have the GM's. All first time guys. 

We're not even getting into the business side aka the tail wagging the dog with the entire operation either. The Jets are run poorly because they have poor management. It stems from the top.

• Upvote 4
35 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I get that finding a transcendent QB is really hard, but it is kind of amazing that the Jets can’t even stumble into steady mediocrity a la Dalton and the Bengals.

The Bengals arguably have cheaper ownership than the Jets but they have always drafted decently. 

“Charlie, I have my weiner fanbase on my case again- can you bring me someone cheap and non-confrontational? We’ll label it as a deep and wide search. That ought to shut them up for a few years.”

• Like 1

I likewise struggle to understand why the Jets making head coaches out of career defensive coordinators—who then hire their eminently available besties to run their offenses—can’t develop the highly-drafted quarterbacks they are gifted every three years. 

• Upvote 3
6 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Just a comment regarding the observations of "consistency".

Through this run of suck, there really has been only one constant. Different QBs, different OC's, different HCs, different GM's.

Same owners.

Carry on.

This ^^ 👍

49 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Bengals arguably have cheaper ownership than the Jets but they have always drafted decently. 

I really don't think it's a function of money.

these teams all have to spend pretty much the same amount.  It's just they stink at finding good players.  

It's really what it comes down to.  When they had good players with Rex - great OL and quality players all over the defense....They were good. 

When they have bad players, they stink.

JD, purposely got rid of any semblance of talent we had - and put everything on the line that he would draft well.  He hasn't and this is where we are.

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

And as I always do when that point is raised, I'll just say this:  They're not selling, and they're not that old.

If one legitimately thinks the Owners are to blame, they really should consider moving on to another team.

Because it is almost assured that the Johnsons will own this team for at least another few decades at least.

And when they go, they'll likely just leave it to another Johnson.

I tried. Thank god for the Yankees. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Oh please lol. Woody when he hired Korn Ferry put absurd parameters on the hire (keeping Rex no matter what), hired Casserly to tell him he had to hire Casserly's friend who was being fired by Houston and would come cheap. Had Matt Rhule but didnt let him pick his staff. Taking advice from someone else and the advice being wrong doesn't absolve the top lol. Woody's been the common denominator for 20 years. He meddles and he doesnt know what he's doing. There's nothing preventing him from opening up the checkbook and bringing in someone proven. All of these hires have been first time coaches besides Gase (a short and bad stint in Miami) as have the GM's. All first time guys. 

We're not even getting into the business side aka the tail wagging the dog with the entire operation either. The Jets are run poorly because they have poor management. It stems from the top.

You are 100% correct. The owners are the common denominator, it is that simple. 

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Warfish said:

----------------------

You say it's 100% understandable, I say you're an idiot.....

You CANNOT pile on the Jets offensive ineptitude on Robert Saleh. This offense is simply the conditions he inherited. He can't control the past. That's silly. So whether the fan base sees it or not, they might just have to go F*CK themselves. This is a new regime. If the Jets flounder they won't torture the Jets CS any worse than they already have. If they turn things around? It'll all be cupcakes and beautiful sunsets........

• Thumb Down 1
3 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

You CANNOT pile on the Jets offensive ineptitude on Robert Saleh. This offense is simply the conditions he inherited. He can't control the past. That's silly. So whether the fan base sees it or not, they might just have to go F*CK themselves. This is a new regime. If the Jets flounder they won't torture the Jets CS any worse than they already have. If they turn things around? It'll all be cupcakes and beautiful sunsets........

Bad post

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Warfish said:

The Douglas years

• Upvote 2
35 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Almost accurate. 

Out of all the blame shares being pie charted out, Saleh has the cleanest slate. In fact, the defense is balling out for as long as they can before mortal exhaustion and limitations inhibit their success. 

but... but... he has 1 big mark against him and it's stinger.

Why... did he think marrying a BYU rookie franchise QB, on his first tour of duty, to a young, rookie OC - on a young/depleted roster - was a good idea. He should have look to surround the offense with grizzled know-hows

• Post of the Week 1
10 hours ago, Warfish said:

----------------------

thats pretty damn pathetic

49 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

This post would have one shred of credence if  in the same post you immediately said that Douglas should be fired for drafting garbage and not giving the jets coaches any talent.

The Jets are terrible for years and amazingly no one is ever at fault it seems.

Oh and yeah Saleh is the head football coach and hired the oc so yes he is responsible for the performance of the team.

Don;t worry yourself he is here for years but the team as it is right now is amazingly worse on offense than last year.

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Of course you can 

we upgraded at QB, WR, RB, and OL. We fired Gase and let Saleh hand pick his OC from the vaunted 49ers system.

The offense is worse than last year.

100% all on Saleh with zero excuses. This is unacceptable.

• Upvote 2