Has Any Team EVER Had This Kind of Consistent Run of Epic Failure on Offense?

Warfish

13 hours ago, peebag said:

Doesn't matter.  The Johnsons still get paid.

Only if the STH’s continue to renew and go.  If they would stop, maybe they sell the team.  My Dad told me about group ticket burning bonfires in the 70s.  Not sure if Jets, Giants, or both.

This team isn’t worth watching for free.  I know saying this irks some people… but STOP SPENDING MONEY ON THEM.

Not much one can do to billionaires, but they do not like being embarrassed.

13 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Only if the STH’s continue to renew and go.  If they would stop, maybe they sell the team.  My Dad told me about group ticket burning bonfires in the 70s.  Not sure if Jets, Giants, or both.

This team isn’t worth watching for free.  I know saying this irks some people… but STOP SPENDING MONEY ON THEM.

Not much one can do to billionaires, but they do not like being embarrassed.

you dont get it, there will ALWAYS be guys willing to get season tickets. 

so there bad now, good you can get some guys who think like you to get rid of them and someone moves up on the list. i wonder how many people are on that list

as a fan you dont always think they will be this bad right? cause why then even bother being a fan.

just think if after 95 and 3-13 you gave up your seats. then its 1-15 and your laughing that you didnt pay for that horrible Kotite year then we hire Parcells and you missed out on 5 straight 500 plus seasons 3 playoff years and one AFCCG.

yeah its bad now but you got to believe it will change or why bother. thats why people will never give up there tickets. 

and if i was Woody i would move this team before i sell it.

9 hours ago, doitny said:

you dont get it, there will ALWAYS be guys willing to get season tickets. 

so there bad now, good you can get some guys who think like you to get rid of them and someone moves up on the list. i wonder how many people are on that list

as a fan you dont always think they will be this bad right? cause why then even bother being a fan.

just think if after 95 and 3-13 you gave up your seats. then its 1-15 and your laughing that you didnt pay for that horrible Kotite year then we hire Parcells and you missed out on 5 straight 500 plus seasons 3 playoff years and one AFCCG.

yeah its bad now but you got to believe it will change or why bother. thats why people will never give up there tickets. 

and if i was Woody i would move this team before i sell it.

Yup.  And a lousy 2 home playoff games ever since… and you could always buy secondary  market tix for a few games if they are good.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Warfish said:

The NY Jets Offense over the past 10 years has been ranked:

2012 - 28th in Points, 30th in Yards, -94 in Point Differential, 6-10 under Rex Ryan & Mark Sanchez

2013 - 29th in points, 25th in Yards, -97 in Point Differential, 8-8 under Rex Ryan & Geno Smith

2014 - 28th in Points, 22nd in Yards, -118 in Point Differential, 4-12 under Rex Ryan and Geno Smith

2015 - 11th in Points, 10th in Yards, +73 in Point Differential, 10-6 under Todd Bowles and Ryan Fitzpatrick

2016 - 30th in Points, 26th in Yards, -134 in Points Differential, 5-11 under Todd Bowles and Ryan Fitzpatrick

2017 - 24th in Points, 28th in Yards, -84 in Points Differential, 5-11 under Todd Bowles and Josh McCown

2018 - 23rd in Points, 29th in Yards, -108 in Points Differential, 4-12 under Todd Bowles and Sam Darnold

2019 - 31st in Points, 32nd in Yards, -83 in Points Differential, 7-9 under Adam Gase & Sam Darnold

2020 - 32nd in Points, 32nd in Yards, -214 in Points Differential, 2-14 under Adam Gase & Sam Darnold

2021 - 32nd in Points, 30th in Yards, -50 in Points Differential, 0-3 under Robert Saleh & Zach Wilson thru 3 games

----------------------

I'm willing to venture a guess that no NFL team in the history of this league has had a decade of Offensive ineptitude that can rival this period of Jets football.

4 Coaches.  6 QB's. Average Offensive Ranking, 26th in both Points and Yards.  A .346 winning %.

Take out the 2015 fluke under Fitz, and it's a horror show.  Avg. rank of 28th/28th and a .312 winning %.

I don't feel like doing all the math required nor do I have source that tracks it in this way, but I'm willing to wager our Offensive rank, cumulative over this period, would be 32nd/32nd, worst in the NFL in both categories.

It's almost hard to believe any NFL Team, in a league designed for Offense and designed to have parity amongst it's teams, could be so consistently bad for such a consistently long period of time.  

While we still have 14 games left this year, the frustration of our fan base at this point is 100% understandable.

This level of futility on Offense is, I believe, historic in it's scope and breadth.

You’re telling me we peaked in 2015!?!?

7 hours ago, doitny said:

12 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

You say it's 100% understandable, I say you're an idiot.....

You CANNOT pile on the Jets offensive ineptitude on Robert Saleh. This offense is simply the conditions he inherited. He can't control the past. That's silly. So whether the fan base sees it or not, they might just have to go F*CK themselves. This is a new regime. If the Jets flounder they won't torture the Jets CS any worse than they already have. If they turn things around? It'll all be cupcakes and beautiful sunsets........

I say no personal attacks please. No reason for name calling, attack the point not the poster. 

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

You say it's 100% understandable, I say you're an idiot.....

You CANNOT pile on the Jets offensive ineptitude on Robert Saleh. This offense is simply the conditions he inherited. He can't control the past. That's silly. So whether the fan base sees it or not, they might just have to go F*CK themselves. This is a new regime. If the Jets flounder they won't torture the Jets CS any worse than they already have. If they turn things around? It'll all be cupcakes and beautiful sunsets........

Being frustrated as a Fan at the inept offense so far in 2021 after a decade+ of being inept isn't "piling on Saleh".

We all, rightfully, expected improvement.  This offense is not "what he inherited", it was substantially rebuilt, with a new QB, new system and new talent.  It may not be complete, but this IS the Saleh/JD offense, not an inheritance.  And it's worse even that last year, something that shouldn't have even been possible all things considered.  As noted, there is still plenty of time for improvement.

Regardless, telling fans to "go **** themselves" seems the wrong tack to take, but to each their own I suppose.

15 hours ago, Barton said:

Jets will have lots of cap room and multiple picks in the first 3 rounds again.

Use every dollar and draft pick on the offense.

It's 2021. Offense wins championships. 

I agree, I just don't want Douglas picking the players. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Who do you want?

I want Hymie Elhai canned and replaced by a legitimate football person, who will then hire a GM. I don't want the Johnsons handling anymore GM hiring decisions, they've proven that they have no idea what they are doing. 

What the hell are Elhai's qualifications for the position to begin with? Going to Rutgers Law? So did I and, trust me, you don't want me or most of the people I graduated with running the Jets. 

On 10/1/2021 at 10:13 AM, Warfish said:

The NY Jets Offense over the past 10 years has been ranked:

2012 - 28th in Points, 30th in Yards, -94 in Point Differential, 6-10 under Rex Ryan & Mark Sanchez

2013 - 29th in points, 25th in Yards, -97 in Point Differential, 8-8 under Rex Ryan & Geno Smith

2014 - 28th in Points, 22nd in Yards, -118 in Point Differential, 4-12 under Rex Ryan and Geno Smith

2015 - 11th in Points, 10th in Yards, +73 in Point Differential, 10-6 under Todd Bowles and Ryan Fitzpatrick

2016 - 30th in Points, 26th in Yards, -134 in Points Differential, 5-11 under Todd Bowles and Ryan Fitzpatrick

2017 - 24th in Points, 28th in Yards, -84 in Points Differential, 5-11 under Todd Bowles and Josh McCown

2018 - 23rd in Points, 29th in Yards, -108 in Points Differential, 4-12 under Todd Bowles and Sam Darnold

2019 - 31st in Points, 32nd in Yards, -83 in Points Differential, 7-9 under Adam Gase & Sam Darnold

2020 - 32nd in Points, 32nd in Yards, -214 in Points Differential, 2-14 under Adam Gase & Sam Darnold

2021 - 32nd in Points, 30th in Yards, -50 in Points Differential, 0-3 under Robert Saleh & Zach Wilson thru 3 games

----------------------

I'm willing to venture a guess that no NFL team in the history of this league has had a decade of Offensive ineptitude that can rival this period of Jets football.

4 Coaches.  6 QB's. Average Offensive Ranking, 26th in both Points and Yards.  A .346 winning %.

Take out the 2015 fluke under Fitz, and it's a horror show.  Avg. rank of 28th/28th and a .312 winning %.

I don't feel like doing all the math required nor do I have source that tracks it in this way, but I'm willing to wager our Offensive rank, cumulative over this period, would be 32nd/32nd, worst in the NFL in both categories.

It's almost hard to believe any NFL Team, in a league designed for Offense and designed to have parity amongst it's teams, could be so consistently bad for such a consistently long period of time.  

While we still have 14 games left this year, the frustration of our fan base at this point is 100% understandable.

This level of futility on Offense is, I believe, historic in it's scope and breadth.

Can the Jets just call in for a sick day. Might as well because they gonna be sick after this game.

11 hours ago, maury77 said:

I want Hymie Elhai canned and replaced by a legitimate football person, who will then hire a GM. I don't want the Johnsons handling anymore GM hiring decisions, they've proven that they have no idea what they are doing. 

What the hell are Elhai's qualifications for the position to begin with? Going to Rutgers Law? So did I and, trust me, you don't want me or most of the people I graduated with running the Jets. 

Any organization with a guys name of Hymie in it is NOT going to be taken seriously. 

• Haha 1

Exceptional post.  Thank you.  It is hard to root for a team that usually has a losing record and hardly ever makes the playoffs.  Jets have the longest playoff drought in the NFL right now.  What exacerbates this misery is the fact that they have been historically inept on the offensive side.  That's the fun side.  That's what fans enjoy the most.  First downs.  Touchdowns. Excitement.  What Jet fans have been treated to is three and outs, punts, redzone failures and field goals if they are lucky.  I want my team to succeed but the Johnson's have managed to destroy any pleasure I could get from watching the team play.  I follow the draft, the FA signings, read about the team multiple times every day.  For better or worse, I'm stuck with the Jets forever.  Unfortunately, I have not been able to watch the putrid product the Johnson's have put on the field in over ten years.  That is criminal in a league where the cap makes it possible to turn things around more quickly than in other sports.  Still hopeful that JD and Saleh are on the right track and will fix the mess that Idzik and Maccagnan made.